Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

He seems to be using a vertical fore grip. IIRC, a vertical fore grip is an NFA BIG no-no anyway...not 'cause they are dangerous to the shooter though. I think that bumps you up to class III weapon or at the least an AOW

wrong or not - I did chuckle a bit

He seems to be using a vertical fore grip. IIRC, a vertical fore grip is an NFA BIG no-no anyway...not 'cause they are dangerous to the shooter though. I think that bumps you up to class III weapon or at the least an AOW

wrong or not - I did chuckle a bit

Uh...dude, I'm pretty sure the fact that it's a machine gun puts it in the NFA realm. The shooter was using a Glock 18 with a VFG. The VFG came loose and since the shooter was pushing forward with his left hand it went in front of the muzzle. You can actually see the VFG lying on the ground at the end of the video. This is why I'm not putting a VFG on my 18 until I get it suppressed.

And he swept his buddies after the fact with a loaded gun, possibly with his finger in the trigger.

Editted after I saw the whole thing with full sound.

Edited by racerba

And he swept his buddies after the fact with a loaded gun, possibly with his finger in the trigger. I don't see it as a G18 though. The multiple shots you are hearing is somebody else shooting.

Yeah it's a Glock 18 and what injured him was a 4 round burst in which the VFG came off as he fired the first shot. The 3rd and 4th narrowly missed his wrist.

Thomas,

Not exactly. My understanding is G18s are not readily available for transfer due to the cutoff date for civilian ownership. It could have been a law enforcement gun, but I would think it is more likely a Class III dealer's gun used as a rental on an indoor range. The range down the road from me has several Class III firearms you can rent and shoot.