Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firepower,....... thinks were idiots

bigbrowndog

I just watched an episode of Firepower, and the host is demonstrating the effectivness of the 6.5 grendel over the 5.56x45. Now he's trying to show us mere mortal idiots, that the 6.5 has soooooo much more knockdown power than the 5.56, by shooting what appear to be full size poppers, set heavy, he shoots them at an unknown distance with irons so I'm guessing its probably 100yds, anyway he hits this popper 3 times low of the official calibration zone and it won't go over,............Ok fine.

Now its time for the 7.62x39, bang a hit high in the calibration zone and lo and behold it goes over, so now its the Grendel's turn, and amazingly he hits it high in the calibration zone and it goes over, thus proving beyond a shoadow of a doubt because he's on TV, that the Grendel is vastly superior to the lowly 5.56. Now I harbor no doubts that the Grendel is a great caliber it shoots a much heavier bullet and delivers a terrific trajectory, AND it would probably have taken the popper over even if it had hit it in the same place as the 5.56, so my rant is why did you have to hit the popper low (3 times) with the 5.56 if the Grendel is a better round????????????????

I HATE THAT!!!!!!!

I watched this and thought the same thing.

+1, was laughing out loud !! :roflol: Thought about how the next day at work someone will come

up and say, "did you see that "new" bullet they got" Wow !! :roflol:

This reminded me of a show I watched on the M-16 and how "certain Generals" rigged the

trials agaist the AR-15 ?? ;)

I think its for the level of DRAMA, like he's sharing a secret with us. :roflol:

If it weren't for the fact that I could find nothing else decent on, I wouldn't have been watching. I watched the first couple of shows and then quit.

trapr