Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to Shoot?

We are headed out west on vacation Friday. Would like a place to shoot this Sunday somewhere in the midwest, we can change our route a little. We can be in Texas, Oklahoma or New Mexico by Sunday. Somewhere around I40.

The following Sunday, July 5th or 6th We will most likely be in California.

On the way back we are going to shoot the Great plains match on the 12th of July.

Any feed back as to any clubs shooting in those areas on those weekends would be great.

Looks like The Rio Grande Practical Shooting Club in Albuquerque, NM shoots on their matches on the first saturday of the month.

http://www.uspsa2.org/sitelink.htm

Actually, we shoot on 1st and 3rd Saturday in ABQ. Also, new startup Wild West Practical Shooters planned this Sunday, 7/29 at the SASS Founders Ranch, where End of Trail just wrapped up.

If you are in SoCal on Saturday, Norco Running Gun would be the hot ticket if you wanted to shoot USPSA or they have the monthly Steel Challenge match at Piru.

Edited by warpspeed

Looks like The Rio Grande Practical Shooting Club in Albuquerque, NM shoots on their matches on the first saturday of the month.

Actually, we shoot on 1st and 3rd Saturday in ABQ. Also, new startup Wild West Practical Shooters planned this Sunday, 7/29 at the SASS Founders Ranch, where End of Trail just wrapped up.

Ya, thought you shot the 3rd Sat's too, but there is a caveat on the site stating you are temporarily not shooting the 3rd Sat's match on the Area 2 site.

It looks like there is a club match at the Double Tap Ranch on 28 Jun if you are interested in deviating a little from I40 down to Northern TX. I would call Robert Porter first and confirm though. Robert is good people, and he's the section coordinator. He can point you in the right direction for any Northern TX match in that time period. Double Tap ranch is one of the best lay-outs for a USPSA range I have ever been to. If you get the opportunity to shoot there, don't hesitate.

http://www.uspsa4.org/

Ya, thought you shot the 3rd Sat's too, but there is a caveat on the site stating you are temporarily not shooting the 3rd Sat's match on the Area 2 site.

Third Saturday operates as Caja del Rio. We did have to reschedule in May.

Looks like the we have Norco and Richmond to choose from the weekend of the 5th & 6th of July. Probably Richmond unless we try to do both since Norco is on Saturday and Richmond is on Sunday. Only 500 miles between them.

Need something for the 29th of June which may be hard since its the 5th Sunday.

Would love to do Colorado but that doesn't fit the schedule.

The Junior match in Oregon was canceled or we may have just tried that.

Area 4 web page shows USSA in Tulsa shoots the 4th Saturday. Thats pretty close to where we can be Saturday Morning. Their web page doesnt show a calendar so I dont know if they are still shooting that weekend or not. Wichita Falls would be a real stretch in one day.

The Sunday that weekend is the 5th Sunday so no luck there.

Looks like the we have Norco and Richmond to choose from the weekend of the 5th & 6th of July. Probably Richmond unless we try to do both since Norco is on Saturday and Richmond is on Sunday. Only 500 miles between them.

You can zip up I-5 pretty quick.. the average speed must be close to 80mph... lol

The Junior match in Oregon was canceled or we may have just tried that.

Yes the USPSA Junior Invitational Match was cancelled, but there is still going to be a ARPC Club match on the 4th of July. Juniors still shoot for free since the other match was cancelled.

Just called USSA and they shoot Saturday the 28th at 10. Looks like we are on for that. Going to try to make Amarillo that night. Not sure from there, maybe Santa Fe or Gallup.

Chuck, if you come through Santa Fe or Albuquerque, give me a shout ahead of time so I can meet you and the fam somewhere to say hey and put a face with the voice! I get back to NM on Friday the 27th. R,

Chuck, let me know if you make it to shoot with us at richmond. Would love to meet you. PM me for details about the richmond match.

Larry

Larry, I dont think we will know if we can do the match until Saturday Night. Depends on how far we can make it Saturday. I understand I need to be there by 10am. Been there a couple times before so I should be able to find it.

Just called USSA and they shoot Saturday the 28th at 10. Looks like we are on for that. Going to try to make Amarillo that night. Not sure from there, maybe Santa Fe or Gallup.

Also in Tulsa on Sat 28th is a rifle side match at USSA, shoot both USPSA and the side match.

IDPA Ok. state match at USSA too same weekend.

Small club 3gun match in Ft Smith AR on Sunday (range is literally 10 minutes off I40) if your running a day late.

You can easily make Amarillo from Tulsa after the match.

Also in Tulsa on Sat 28th is a rifle side match at USSA, shoot both USPSA and the side match.

IDPA Ok. state match at USSA too same weekend.

Small club 3gun match in Ft Smith AR on Sunday (range is literally 10 minutes off I40) if your running a day late.

You can easily make Amarillo from Tulsa after the match.

They have allot going on there. Not taking a rifle though. Keeping up with a few handguns is enough for me. Appreciate the help.

Is that 7/29 or 6/29. If its 6/29 we may be in.