Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rugged gear cart

I'm looking at getting one of these. I'd like to be able to take it out of my car, unfold it, strap my long guns to it and dump my shooting bag on it and go. But it's not clear to me how big the middle of the cart is and therefore it it would accomodate my bag is an I-shot that measures 18" (L) x 8.5" (W) x 10" (H).

Curious about what people think in general of this thing that own one, also curious about how much it weighs and about how big it is when folded up.

I have one. I bought it because the price was good, and it would fit in the trunk of my car which is smallish (Subaru WRX) by removing the front wheel. Takes all of 5 seconds. I have a 5.11 bag very similar in size to a SC bag. There is a little shelf that sits in the middle, and I put the bag on that, its held in basically by friction between the bag and the side rails. I have room under the seat to put a small cooler. The instructions say the max load is 50 pounds, I had a full shooting bag with a spare gun and 400 rounds of .45 and it was fine. I don't 3 gun, but mine came with holders and pockets in the bottom to hold the muzzles. It also has a handbrake and 2 parking brakes on the rear wheels. I believe the weight of the unit is ~ 20 pounds unloaded.

Bruce

I'm aware of the home modified baby jogger option, however I won a certificate for a free rugged gear cart so I'm deciding whether to use it or sell it.

I'm aware of the home modified baby jogger option, however I won a certificate for a free rugged gear cart so I'm deciding whether to use it or sell it.

Oh, if you got one for free, then I'd use it. They're well made and work great, I just think that there are less expensive options available.

I personally don't care for mine and try to avoid using it whenever possible. It really doesn't comfortably hold enough stuff for 3 gun. I had to add outboard gun holders down low to open up a bit of room in the center of the cart for my bag. The plus side of the rugged gear is that it folds up quite compactly to fit in a trunk.

I'm actually looking at replacing my cart with an Eberlestock pack.

I'm looking at getting one of these. I'd like to be able to take it out of my car, unfold it, strap my long guns to it and dump my shooting bag on it and go. But it's not clear to me how big the middle of the cart is and therefore it it would accomodate my bag is an I-shot that measures 18" (L) x 8.5" (W) x 10" (H).

Curious about what people think in general of this thing that own one, also curious about how much it weighs and about how big it is when folded up.

I have a baby jogging stroller made by Tike tech. The ATX single

The lower shelf is 12wx15Lx12h in the middle.

The middle or main area is 14w x 15h x 27L

By using the cover for the top slightly pulled out i get a top shelf of 8L x 14w x how ever high.

A good friend recomended one and I like it a lot and am glad I got it.

I also got the Stearn mad dog ATV clamps for the rifles on the sides.

It has a hand break, foot locking parking break. Extremely light weight. Holds my heavy gear with no trouble.

There are pockets all around the cart for just about eveything you could need for a 3 gun or just taking everything you need to the range.

All alluminuim, light plastic wheels, folds up into a very small carry case. (not included).

Wheels come off a at a puch of a button.

I'm very happy a friends of a friend couldnt use this. :D

I've had my Rugged Gear Cart for nearly 5 yrs. I wouldn't go to a 3-Gun match without it. Love it..

I've got a Schwinn Jogging stroller that is almost exactly like the one in the pics but think I"m going to sell it. I was going to get into 3 gun but have decided to just stick with handgun only. Looks like a good idea though. I've heard good things about the Rugged Cart.

Recently got one. I do want to mod the gun racks to be a bit more outboard as anything with a pistol grip or optic cuts into carry space in the middle.

I have two smaller bags (One for shotgun ammo and one for rifle) that fit side by side in the center shelf. I got a cooler at WalMart that fits in the bottom pouch

perfectly with an easy access lid.

I hang a Dillon shooting bag off the back just below the handle by using the shoulder strap. It has my accessories and pistol ammo in it. Kind of balances the cart too.

Used it at the FNH match shooting and I am sure it was loaded way over 50 lbs with no problems.

A buddy has a baby cart that is similar in appearance and size he modified to use. It does fine also and he has less $$ in it. But it doesn't fold up as compact as the Rugged Cart.

I had considered one for a while but when they cut the price, I jumped in. It's well worth it to me.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

I have had mine for about a year now. My wife bought it for me for my birthday. I love it!!! The long guns are mounted on the outside at the top and there is plenty of room in the middle for my other gear!!!

Jayson

I have had mine for about a year now. My wife bought it for me for my birthday. I love it!!! The long guns are mounted on the outside at the top and there is plenty of room in the middle for my other gear!!!

Jayson

If your wife bought it, you HAVE to say that! You can never sell it, give it away, or replace it! You're stuck with it forever, or at least till it rots away to an unrecognizeable aluminum skeleton! :roflol:

Seriously, I have one and love it. I'd always like more room, but I think there is a law of nature that junk accumulates to fill the available space. I'm sure most 3-gunners could fill a tractor/trailer if they had one for a range cart! :rolleyes:

I'm looking for a Baby Jogger Stroller - one made for twins - that should give me enough room.

I've tried the Sally Ann, but they will not acept baby equipment - beds, car seats, strollers etc for liability reasons.