Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Never Can Tell

davidwiz

I was at a Young Lawyers Phila Bar Association function tonight. Towards the end of the 'happy hour' (free margaritas!), I was talking to a 1st year law student from Drexel Law School. After talking about various law-related things, I somehow mentioned that I like bullet-launchers. Turns out that he has a bunch too, and was looking to shoot more. For those of you who don't know, Philadelphia is not what I would call a "bullet launcher friendly" city. Nor is the Phila Bar Assoc. (as a whole). My point is, that you never know who you are going to be talking to.

I know what you mean, and it's great when you run across another shooter unexpectadly. I usually walk the parking building at work at night for a break and a little fresh air. The other night, as I was walking back into work , I saw a parked truck that had an Olympic 3 position rifle type decal on the back window. It's nice to find another competitor or just plinker some where besides the range :cheers:

I'm fortunate that two of the fourteen guys I work with are reloaders and shooters. They don't shoot competitively but do shoot quite a bit. That along with another couple that are avid hunters makes for a very gun-friendly workplace. Our guns have to stay locked in our vehicles in the parking lot, but a lot of places don't even allow that.

Usually, when we have visitors, the talk will eventually come around to firearms and their various uses.

fwiw

dj

• 1 month later...

I was sitting in the bowling alley, its the only place to eat on the Air base that I work at, and the chaplin of the church here on base walked in and we started talking about different things and I said somthing along the lines of spending all my freetime on the weekends on the range. Well it turns out that he also is an avid gun nut him self and was looking for somthing more when shooting. So I told him about the IPSC matchs I go to and now he makes it out to at elast 1 match a month.

You never know who is into guns till you talk to them.

My wife and I are getting her new glasses fitted, much to my wife's displeasure I mention getting some new lens because the front sight is fuzzy, the young lady doing the fitting says "Modern or Black?". Turns out she shoots Black Powder matches. Had a nice conversation while my wife stares daggers at me. :rolleyes:

I was at a Young Lawyers Phila Bar Association function tonight. Towards the end of the 'happy hour' (free margaritas!), I was talking to a 1st year law student from Drexel Law School. After talking about various law-related things, I somehow mentioned that I like bullet-launchers. Turns out that he has a bunch too, and was looking to shoot more. For those of you who don't know, Philadelphia is not what I would call a "bullet launcher friendly" city. Nor is the Phila Bar Assoc. (as a whole). My point is, that you never know who you are going to be talking to.

One other thing to remember is you'll never know who will want to explore the unknown.

I've made it no secret that I love to shoot and most people who know me at work are aware of this. I've had several that have come to me to ask me to take them to the range. I love it! In fact I never make them pay for the ammo on the first trip. You never know who is inclined AND you'll never know who is curious unless you put yourself out there!

• 4 months later...