Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Exta long firing pin... Limcat no more?

SLM

I was just about to order some stuff from Chuck and was going to pick up an extra Limcat XL firing pin but they aren't listed on the Limcat page. Did Limcat quit making them? Who else makes a good one?

I wanted to have a spare just like the one in my gun but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. :(

Thanks all! :cheers: Shooter hooked me up with a new Limcat so I'll have a matching pair.

Now... Anyone care to suggest an extended ejector for a 9mm Open blaster?

Thanks Howard. The "pre-tuned" version or the standard? I've been trying to figure out what's in the gun now by looking at pictures but haven't found a match yet. This thing is loooong!

Thanks Howard. The "pre-tuned" version or the standard? I've been trying to figure out what's in the gun now by looking at pictures but haven't found a match yet. This thing is loooong!

I just dropped in a pre-tuned ejector on my new 9mm 2011 and it worked perfect for me. My only problem is that there is a small gap between the slide and the ejector on the horizontal shelf, but that's just an aesthetic thing, not a functional problem or anything.

I got the standard extractor from them, not the pre-tuned.

Edited by Chris Martin

We took the Limcat firing pins off the website because we had so many orders we couldn't fill that it became an issue. The manufacturer has promised them to us, and says he will ship them Monday. If that is the case, then they will be back on the site, and in stock Thursday. The Limcat is the longest FP available, the M2i, and Dawson Hyper Drive are also very good, and longer, but not as long as the LC.

The Limcat is the only one I've found that can really stop primer flow. It is the longest from the back of the firing pin stop to the breechface.

I don't really care about the OAL, just want the tip at the breechface when the FP is at rest.

I hope SSI gets some more in soon!

• 2 weeks later...