Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best 1-4x Adjustable Optic --Price Range In Effect--

Hey there, first post. But definitely not new to "The Book", 3 Gun or USPSA shooting.

Anyway, my price range right now in a hurry is $200 at the max. Preferably lower. But I need something that has good eye relief at the 1x but can crank it out to 4x or so on the run. And can hold a zero obviously. My reasoning behind all of this is, I am getting married later this year so money is tight. My perfect Optic right now is the Trijicon Accutip 1.25-4.5x, that thing is Awesome! I looked through one the other day and fell in love. But at $500+ or - a few, thats too rich for my blood at this point in time.

So any help and insight into which optics I should be looking at would be a great help guys. Thanks in advance.

Is that the same as This One?

If so then that price seems kind of high.

Not when you look at the mount and rings. But somebody liked it, your too slow. Gone-----------------Larry

Hmm I didn't think about the mount and rings. Good call :rolleyes:

Anything else out there guys??

Edited by HPD SRT

There is the Millet 1x4 , has a circle dot reticle, illumination is kind of weak. At best its ok. Then you take the jump to 500 or so. Burris has two 1x4s that look really good, the one with out illumination is 499 at Midway, Product#573087. Below that pickins are slim.------------Larry

Under $200 is slim pickings indeed!. Weaver V3 and Millett DMS-1 for a true 1X. If you can

shoot a 1.5 on the bottom end, there are still Simmons Pro Diamonds around.

Personally I can't hack the 1.5 with both eyes open. Have one Weaver V3 with some

miles on it---only complaint is it's only 3x. Have a Millett DMS-1 that doesn't have

much range time. Mine looks like a good one, but quality seems to be inconsistent

on these.

Bill

That Weaver is looking like it might be the one, other than some praying on ebay for some prices to stick.

Anybody have any experience with This Nikon? I know a guy that worked at Sportsmans Warehouse that said they used to be $150.....

That Weaver is looking like it might be the one, other than some praying on ebay for some prices to stick.

Anybody have any experience with This Nikon? I know a guy that worked at Sportsmans Warehouse that said they used to be $150.....

I havent seen this scope. Nikon is generaly pretty good quality. FOV is really important for 3 gun and it looks like this scope is really lacking in that area. I think the weaver is a better bet.----------Larry

Thanks for all the help boys.... But I just got a green light from the woman!! Trijicon Accupoint it is!!!

Now to find the best Deal....................hmmmmmmmmmmm....

Thanks for all the help boys.... But I just got a green light from the woman!! Trijicon Accupoint it is!!!

there just happen to be two in the classifieds on BE now ;)

Hmmm nice.... But I'm still trying to figure out which reticle I want....

Hmmm nice.... But I'm still trying to figure out which reticle I want....

If you are still looking I have a gift certificate for a TR21 1.25-4x24 Accupoint I picked up at last weekends FN 3 gun. Then you can pick the reticle you want.

Mike

If you are still looking I have a gift certificate for a TR21 1.25-4x24 Accupoint I picked up at last weekends FN 3 gun. Then you can pick the reticle you want.

Mike

Ooooh man.... I've already committed to one...Sorry that would have been nice though....

Unless your just going to be really nice and give it to me :D then I can sell back the one I have on the way ....

Sound good...... :)

Mike

Ooooh man.... I've already committed to one...Sorry that would have been nice though....

Unless your just going to be really nice and give it to me :D then I can sell back the one I have on the way ....

I don't think so this time but good try

Mike

I don't think so this time but good try

What might it take to get that certificate? :blink:

Polytech :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday i got my new Meopta K-dot with the Larue LT104 and tried it with one of my uppers on the range and i must say like the scope :cheers:

But is it normal that if you take a look at the red stripes on the side of the dot that the one on the right is just a bit more dim ????

I do like the Meopta better then my TA11 for ipsc rifle,but i still preffer my Zeiss.....(but thats a different price tag)

• 2 weeks later...
Yesterday i got my new Meopta K-dot with the Larue LT104 and tried it with one of my uppers on the range and i must say like the scope :cheers:

But is it normal that if you take a look at the red stripes on the side of the dot that the one on the right is just a bit more dim ????

I do like the Meopta better then my TA11 for ipsc rifle,but i still preffer my Zeiss.....(but thats a different price tag)

Hmmm I will have to look through one of those K-dot's this weekend at the R&R 3 Gun. I have only heard good things.

Are you sure you are looking strait thru the scope? I have only noticed what you describe while looking off center. Otherwise the illuminated reticle is crisp and even all the way around (the dot and all three lines).

Are you sure you are looking strait thru the scope? I have only noticed what you describe while looking off center. Otherwise the illuminated reticle is crisp and even all the way around (the dot and all three lines).

My Meopta is doing this as well. It is brightest if I am looking from low and right when I start to see black around the edge of the scope. Have to really press my cheek down to see the light in bright situations. Looking straight on it is much dimmer with the right crosshair almost dark.