Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fobus or Sidearmor for Glock

Llew

I have recently purchased a G35 for various types of competetive shooting. I have narrowed my search to Fobus or Sidearmor holsters. Any suggestions or recommenations for those two or any other?

I have recently purchased a G35 for various types of competetive shooting. I have narrowed my search to Fobus or Sidearmor holsters. Any suggestions or recommenations for those two or any other?

I like Sidearmor gear a whole lot. I have 5 of their mag pouches on my Production rig.

I would suggest you look at the Blade-Tech stuff as well. I use their dropped-offset holster for a G34/G35.

the Blade tech, if your not prepared to spend that much, is much more higher priced than the Fobus, but it'll be the last Kydex you'll wanna buy.

But if your on a budget, the Uncle Mikes paddle holster is as slick as snot and is far superior over the Fobus and can be had for $15. Find where it rubs on your pistol, sand it down a bit, adjust the tension on the screws so it retains the pistol just enough and your good to go.

If you're willing to spend the money for the sidearmour I'd suggest you look at a CompTac. I've got CompTac, Kytac, and an Uncle Mikes for my 17 and a Bladetech for my 21. In my opinion the CompTac is a much better holster. I don't really see much difference between the UM and Bladetech. I can see how the DOH would be nice though. It sure would be nice if it was possible to use the DOH hanger with CompTac holster.

The $29 BladeTech 5.11. Tactical is much better then the Fobus. I have the Kydex and the 5.11/Bladethech and I think for the money the cheaper one is a home run. I hated the Fobus.

Edited by 98sr20ve

Whatever you do, don't buy the Fobus. I saw one at a match come apart, the holster body separated from the paddle. Check out the BladeTech combo packs and as has been recommended, check out CompTac also.

Good luck!

Comp-Tac, without a doubt!!! Fobus is a small step above junk! Side Armor is nice, but if you're gonna shoot IDPA and USPSA, Side Armor may not be legal depending on belt attachment.

I've tried them all, and Comp-Tac is easily the best!!

I own Blade-Tech, Sidearmor and Comp-Tac holsters, at least two of each in various calibers...good gear all. I used to own a Fobus at one point...draw your own conclusions :devil:

For USPSA, a BladeTech DOH is hard to beat. +1 on the Sidearmor pouches: four singles on my Production belt with a Blade-Tech double in the back just in case.

I've tried Sidearmour, Comptac and Blade-Tek, for different pistols Sig, Glock and 1911. They are all good. I tend to think the Sidearmour may be, by a small margin, the best of the three, but they are all good. By best, I guess I mean the most secure in holding the gun and at the same time most ready to let go. None would hold me back, at least at my level.

I like the Blade-Tech injection molded holsters, I've got them for Glock and 1911, and they work great! They can be had for $15 from Midway. They have a much wider range of adjustment than the Uncle Mike's. There's nothing wrong with the Uncle Mike's, but they can't be made as fast as the Blade-Tech.

+1 to both the Blade Tech DOH and the Comp-Tac holsters. I have both and like them both.

Tried a Fobus - didn't work for me.

Second hand information: A friend of mine also pointed out that the material on a Fobus is softer. He said grit (our range is dusty and windy on occasion) got imbedded in the plastic and it wore off the pistol's finish faster than other holsters made of Kydex. I didn't use mine long enough to find out how true that it, but the material is definitely softer than Kydex.

They have a much wider range of adjustment than the Uncle Mike's. There's nothing wrong with the Uncle Mike's, but they can't be made as fast as the Blade-Tech.

I can adjust my Uncle Mikes Cant, offset, height and tension. Same as my non-inj Blade Tech. What other things are you able to adjust that I can't on my Uncle mikes?

As for fast out of the holster, I respectfully disagree. And it may all be with the shooter, but I've timed my draw out of the uncle mikes and I own multiple race holsters and it is faster "for me" than my Ghost or Safariland 012. Matter of fact I've taken the 012 out and have replaced it with my Uncle Mikes holster for Limited 10. I shoot IDPA and USPSA, so it's a holster I use for both and that's probably why. I also seem to get a much more solid grip, which equates to a faster shot being broken instead of the quick adjustment to a bad grip.

Edited by Aristotle

For what it’s worth I have a Fobus paddle holster that I use for my carry gun and for the first few months when I started competing. For the price it’s been well worth it, seems quite durable, and I carry that gun most every day. I’m looking for an IWB holster, but only for better concealability. I have a Bladetech DOH that I had crack in a competition and dump my gun on the ground once. Bladetech was cool about it and replaced it without a hassle, and I think is considerably better for competition, but I don’t think the Fobus is complete trash either. They both rub the finish off my slide a bit.