Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 9mm Pro: Initial thoughts and observations

mike cyrwus

Mike - are you going to pimp the pro out and run it at the Pro-Am?

I'll be shooting my M&P :D Can't wait to shoot with ya :cheers:

The Pro and the L are not approved by USPSA yet and I think the Pro Am will run under USPSA Rules,soooo, you can't run the Pro or the L there!! That is a bummer though!!

I haven't shot my Pro yet, and I've had it for over a month!! I still have to do more pictures with it before I defile it!! Now I'm waiting for the L.

Y

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pro and the L are not approved by USPSA yet and I think the Pro Am will run under USPSA Rules,soooo, you can't run the Pro or the L there!! That is a bummer though!!

I haven't shot my Pro yet, and I've had it for over a month!! I still have to do more pictures with it before I defile it!! Now I'm waiting for the L.

Y

Y,

from the Pro-am rules:

Any pistol legal in USPSA Limited/L10/Production/Single Stack or IDPA SSP/ESP/CDP

Gordon Carrell won SSP at texas state IDPA championship shooting an M&P Pro, so Im pretty sure its IDPA legal.

I just hope S&W gets it legal in time for the Production Nationals. -plenty of time for that.

Are you shooting on my squad on Sunday?? cool!

I do plan on shooting the Pro in local matches until the Pro-am, and then Hopefully, getting it back to production legal.

Ill take a few pics of my rig in a day or two.

Y

Y,

from the Pro-am rules:

Any pistol legal in USPSA Limited/L10/Production/Single Stack or IDPA SSP/ESP/CDP

Gordon Carrell won SSP at texas state IDPA championship shooting an M&P Pro, so Im pretty sure its IDPA legal.

I just hope S&W gets it legal in time for the Production Nationals. -plenty of time for that.

Cool, I thought the Pro-Am was USPSA only!!

The Pro and L are both IDPA Legal

Thanks for the heads-Up!!

I might be able to use the Pro then!!

Y

Edited by ysued

You can shoot a limited rig in the Pro-Am... Just not dots or comps and the 10 round rule applies... Steel must fall - so no major/minor problems.

I've already ruined my M&P's Production ability - Kenny's magwell and a couple of set screws will do that :D I need to get a few more TF basepads though - 3 work for a local match, but I'll need one or two more for the Pro-Am.

Someone just replied to my post on SWshooter.com that the 9L IS USPSA legal, but not the Pro. Something about USSA getting paperwork/info from someone at USPSA that the 9L is OK, but not the Pro yet.

Anyone confirm?

Only John Amidon can confirm or Deny that!!

E-Mil John!!

The last thing I heard is that neither is Approved, but I might be wrong!!

BTW, there's not enough difference to approve one and not the other one!!

Emailed John Amidon and he said if they are not on the list, then it has not been approved. He also said don't listen to the scuttle butt and gossip. According to him, neither are approved. He did say he has been sending paperwork to S&W trying to get it approved, and hasn't heard from them. He said he has to wait on S&W to send the paperwork.

Are you shooting on my squad on Sunday?? cool!

The initial squadding had us shooting together, but things must have gotten re-arranged. Oh well - I'll try to say hi if I see ya. :cheers:

looks like Ill be shooting fri or sat anyway; Ill be in the vendors tent for most of sunday.

Just ordered my Pro on Saturday... hopefully it will arrive at my FFL end of this week or early next.

I'm curious to see how well the Pro top end will function on my standard M&P lower. I'm sure I'll get the trigger job and grip treatment for the Pro before long, but everything works well mixed and matched... hmmm :unsure:

looks like Ill be shooting fri or sat anyway; Ill be in the vendors tent for most of sunday.

Just ordered my Pro on Saturday... hopefully it will arrive at my FFL end of this week or early next.

I'm curious to see how well the Pro top end will function on my standard M&P lower. I'm sure I'll get the trigger job and grip treatment for the Pro before long, but everything works well mixed and matched... hmmm :unsure:

Where were you able to find the Pro in stock?

Scott

Bud's - $599, no tax/shipping...

I must not be using the search properly. If I set the MFR to S&W, the caliber to 9mm and barrell to 5" it doesn't show up.

Bud's - $599, no tax/shipping...

I must not be using the search properly. If I set the MFR to S&W, the caliber to 9mm and barrell to 5" it doesn't show up.

Select S&W and go down the list. It is there.

I was able to sucker the boss into ordering one at the shop I work part time at. Love the length - huge sight radius. Not in love with the 'Performance Center' sear though - it appears they just did the same thing as the online tutorials show - reduce striker engagement and delay the break point to take advantage of the gun's natural overtravel stop. Sights are good. The striker plunger still needs work and the trigger return spring is a bit stiff.

Overall, not bad.

We got it either from Ellett Brothers or RSR Group (not sure), so your LGS should be able to order one through their normal contacts. I won't say what cost was, but don't pay more than $599 for one.

I am working on a Pro for a friend of mine right now.

He is replacing the front sight, because it is a very small FO sight.

The trigger comes in at just under 5 pounds with lots of creep. Yes, they do a basic trigger job, but no where near enough. You still have to work on the sear quite a bit to get a good trigger. There is still way too much engagement with the sear and the slope is still very positive, as in more than 90 degrees.

Frankly, if you change the sights, work on the striker, change springs and get a trigger job done...

My local guy was able to track down a Pro for me after his main distributors sold out almost literally while I was deciding whether or not to buy the gun.

Where can I get four mags and the right mag pouches?

Dan

Check out BE forum dealer:

http://www.speedshooterspecialties.com/

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=149

I just ordered 3 mags and a couple other things last night. Got an email from them that the order is shipping out today.

That's actually good news for me, I thought I might have to change it out because (at least for me) most fiber sights are too big for my tastes since I'm used to the Brazos microdot on my Limited gun.

Edited by j2fast

That's actually good news for me, I thought I might have to change it out because (at least for me) most fiber sights are too big for my tastes since I'm used to the Brazos microdot on my Limited gun.

Sorry, way too small as in length, not size of FO. We are replacing it with a custom made one that copies the Brazos microdot. He likes the small dot, skinny blade, long FO.

I am working on a Pro for a friend of mine right now.

The trigger comes in at just under 5 pounds with lots of creep. Yes, they do a basic trigger job, but no where near enough. You still have to work on the sear quite a bit to get a good trigger. There is still way too much engagement with the sear and the slope is still very positive, as in more than 90 degrees.

Do you think it would be better to start the trigger job with a standard sear vs working on the machined sear in the Pro?