Ben Stoeger

Ben Stoeger

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sunburnt and tired. I am done teaching for awhile. :cheers:

I did snag some video from today's class:

The last few weeks have given me some good insight on where I am headed in my training. Stay tuned.

Looking around the boards I notice a few threads where people ask a question and then the board members use that as an opportunity to preach to them. (Just see what you need to see, splits don’t win matches, etc.)

I wish the environment on here was more conducive to learning than that. I would really like to see people answer straightforward questions without feeling the need to interject why they think it is a stupid question.

I have heard it said that “Losers have it all figured out while winners never stop experimenting.” A quick look around the board proves this to be the case.

I am going to drop some flowers off for my Mom and head out the range. I have experimenting to do.

Looking around the boards I notice a few threads where people ask a question and then the board members use that as an opportunity to preach to them. (Just see what you need to see, splits don’t win matches, etc.)

I wish the environment on here was more conducive to learning than that. I would really like to see people answer straightforward questions without feeling the need to interject why they think it is a stupid question.

I have heard it said that “Losers have it all figured out while winners never stop experimenting.” A quick look around the board proves this to be the case.

I am going to drop some flowers off for my Mom and head out the range. I have experimenting to do.

Well said Ben. I'd tend to agree.

Jack

We usually opt for the short answer because, often, they describe the solution best.

Also 9 times out of 10, it has been answered 20 times and the OP is too lazy to do a search.

I will agree with the not doing a search but I will answer any question if I can.

Well said, I agree too.

I am done with school for the year. On my final test today I got to shoot a role player during simulated night traffic stop. He got two in the chest and one in the head. That was fun.

Funny exchange with the Instructor:

Him: “You shoot a Glock?”

Me: “Beretta”

Him: “Why?”

Me: “Berettas get the girls”

Him: ”……..If that is how you pick a gun you may want to reconsider”

Me: “They all basically shoot the same, why not get a gun that can score chicks as well?”

Edited by Ben Stoeger

I am done with school for the year. On my final test today I got to shoot a role player during simulated night traffic stop. He got two in the chest and one in the head. That was fun.

Me: “They all basically shoot the same, why not get a gun that can score chicks as well?”

I know there is a ton of "stuff" when you are tactical that you have to think about and perform, but everyone has got to be impressed with your shooting ability. aside from the technical skills needed for a felony car stop, the ability to shoot the trunk key off a key ring while missing the ignition key, weak handed while moving has got to be handy. ;)

I know there is a ton of "stuff" when you are tactical that you have to think about and perform, but everyone has got to be impressed with your shooting ability. aside from the technical skills needed for a felony car stop, the ability to shoot the trunk key off a key ring while missing the ignition key, weak handed while moving has got to be handy. ;)

If someone has the gun stuff down, then they can 100% focus on the tactics. People who struggle with the gun stuff tend to get REALLY amped up and nervous during the simunitions training.

I really liked being able to call my shots (without thinking about it) on a live person. Today I made a 9 yard head shot while rapidly backing up after a fistfight with a live person who was also moving away from me. I was able to see the front sight lift up off this guys noggin and I knew he was done.

It was cool.

B)

If someone has the gun stuff down, then they can 100% focus on the tactics. People who struggle with the gun stuff tend to get REALLY amped up and nervous during the simunitions training.

I really liked being able to call my shots (without thinking about it) on a live person. Today I made a 9 yard head shot while rapidly backing up after a fistfight with a live person who was also moving away from me. I was able to see the front sight lift up off this guys noggin and I knew he was done.

It was cool.

Way to go Ben......looks like you made the 100 club. You are now number 1 on the top 20 list. :cheers:

Thats freakin cool.

Hahah.. thanks man. I had one good classifier match that put me up there.

4/26/09 99-40 MILAN RIFLE CLUB F 96.6666 5/11/09

4/26/09 03-07 MILAN RIFLE CLUB Y 100.0000 5/11/09

4/26/09 99-39 MILAN RIFLE CLUB Y 100.0000 5/11/09

4/26/09 99-07 MILAN RIFLE CLUB Y 100.0000 5/11/09

4/26/09 99-55 MILAN RIFLE CLUB B 80.6786 5/11/09

4/26/09 06-04 MILAN RIFLE CLUB Y 100.0000 5/11/09

Way to go Ben......looks like you made the 100 club. You are now number 1 on the top 20 list. :cheers:

Thats freakin cool.

Hahah.. thanks man. I had one good classifier match that put me up there.

4/26/09 99-40 MILAN RIFLE CLUB F 96.6666 5/11/09

4/26/09 03-07 MILAN RIFLE CLUB Y 100.0000 5/11/09

4/26/09 99-39 MILAN RIFLE CLUB Y 100.0000 5/11/09

4/26/09 99-07 MILAN RIFLE CLUB Y 100.0000 5/11/09

4/26/09 99-55 MILAN RIFLE CLUB B 80.6786 5/11/09

4/26/09 06-04 MILAN RIFLE CLUB Y 100.0000 5/11/09

NICE!! :cheers:

I have been an ammo loading fiend for the last few days, loading thousands of rounds to try and keep enough in stock for what I have planned.

I will be on the range 6 days next week. School is now over. I have a week where I don’t have anything much to do (except work and all the other daily grind BS). The point is, I have a golden opportunity right now to learn a lot about shooting.

Lately, I have been spending some time away from my 100 project to work on transitioning between targets of different difficulty levels. Going from a 4 yard wide open target to a 25 yard plate is all about discipline, and I feel like I am really lacking in that department. I have been shooting lots of extra shots at the plates during these types of exercises. I am going to spend some more time addressing that issue.

After that, I have some more classifiers planned for this next week. I am taking a run at a few that look fairly difficult, and I am looking forward to the challenge.

Does anyone else think that the hard classifiers are the ones with one shot on each target? I always have a hard time going fast on those.

Your right that looks slow :wacko: but i definatly agree one shots are awkward

It was cool.

Best.

Quote.

Ever.

:D :D :D