Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oh God be done, please

Catfish

Went back and re-watched the video of Rhonda shooting in Porter's dark house.

Her SV Open gun is developing quite the reputation for being ungodly LOUD.

Watch and listen at the end for what the poor RO said.... If you're listening close, you can hear everyone after her first couple of shots giggle at how freaking loud her blaster is as well....

Frankly, we were all lucky that Porter was using the construction barrier material for walls rather than plywood. Having RO'd Rhonda on a stage with plywood all I can say is that it hurts your spleen. :surprise:

I can attest to the loudness of her pistol after RO'ing stage 1 in the Texas Open which had 20' concrete walls down the entire length of both sides of the stage. I can't even imagine what is was like for the RO in those close confines. His comment says it all :roflol:

Edited by baerburtchell

Listen at the beginning too. Right after her first two targets... "Oh God!" :roflol:

I was double plugged at the DPC Sunday and on the next squad over and winced every time she started shooting. :huh:

Is it one of those little IMM critters? They are hideously loud and blasty.

LOL, I feel for the poor RO's. My Buddy Darryl has an open gun that HURTS when you RO him outdoors, inside it is just insane. Not only the BOOM but the pressure wave coming off that thing really messes with me LOL. Open guns are nasty in general, mine is no exception, but there are some that are just ludicrously loud. If I shot a full match with Darryl's gun I would have a ten year flinch :wacko:

Hehehehe... that was good. We have a guy with an Open gun like that out at Rio. He uses 3N37 in it and if you are anywhere in the bay during his run you feel like you are in an M198 emplacement. Noise, fire, concussion.... With rotating ROs every once in a while you will see one who hasn't experienced the shock and awe. Pretty funny to watch them jump at the first shot.

Yesterday I was on Rhonda's squad at DPC. After her 2nd or 3rd run on stage 1, I over heard one of the other shooters say; "what is that thing she's shooting? I can feel every shot in my breakfast". :roflol:

Gary

Oh yeah, and that was Roy H. RO'ing and begging for mercy in the video. :lol:

Edited by HighVelocity

Rhonda, you been shooting with a bunch of 9mm Production guys?

Well, at least one pansy "I can't stand concussion" single stack guy, anyway... :D

I think Adam Popplewell won the award for "maximum flash" in the dark house... ;) Check it out here... ;)

LOL, I feel for the poor RO's. My Buddy Darryl has an open gun that HURTS when you RO him outdoors, inside it is just insane. Not only the BOOM but the pressure wave coming off that thing really messes with me LOL. Open guns are nasty in general, mine is no exception, but there are some that are just ludicrously loud. If I shot a full match with Darryl's gun I would have a ten year flinch :wacko:

I have 1 of theose critters and yes its loud. Not so bad to you the shooter but it is hideous to ro especially if you are taller than the person shooting. I will say as a shooter that you can appreciate how loud it is if you have to shopot thru a barrel, then you get the concusion and not the ro.

• 3 months later...

Having shot this gun a couple of weeks ago it isn't bad when your on the throttle but when your watching or ROing it is so freaken loud and the concussion hurts!

Thanks for bringing this thread back to life. I just laugh my ass off. It is also somewhat timely as I just started shooting my new V12 shorty Tanfo with a crapload of 3n38. You almost want to warn any new RO...........almost. :devil: :devil:

Then again, out at Rio they like to make us shoot in tunnels. Not barrels, tunnels. The ROs of course stand outside of the tunnels, justifiably giggling to themselves.

Somewhere, on VHS, I have video of shooting that gun and load indoors on a lowlight stage. Part of the stage required the use of a flashlight, I told them I wouldn't need it but they made me take it anyways....needless to say, if the flash is that bright on a sunny day, you can imagine the fireball indoors!

BTW it's 3n37 with a fully encapsulated 125 gr bullet, Hornandy's if I remember correctly