Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wii fit

38supPat

Just did about a hour on the Wii fit.

Mostly Yoga, but some aerobics as well.

Finished up with some basic dryfire on the Yoga training. The deep breathing exercise has a pretty sensitive setting for the balance pad, so any movement shows up. I hit 74% dryfiring and 88% just deep breathing. There is some front to back motion as the gun goes out, but I suppose this is to be expected, but I think I created a new exercise, I'll call it "gun yoga"...lol

• 2 weeks later...

Pat, I picked up one of these the morning it came out, and have been exceptionally impressed! Balance does play a significant role in our sport, and I feel that the Wii Fit is just the thing to train me back into balance.

I got one for my wife, now it looks like I may have to look at it myself. If I can get her off it that is. After watching her it looks promising as a tool to fine tune a few things, balance and cardio bieng two big ones. Also liked the way it keeps track of specifics about each user, like weight etc. Now if Wii would only come out with an IPSC game that included standards and classifier courses------- :rolleyes:

Edited by mpeltier

I got one for my wife, now it looks like I may have to look at it myself. If I can get her off it that is. After watching her it looks promising as a tool to fine tune a few things, balance and cardio bieng two big ones. Also liked the way it keeps track of specifics about each user, like weight etc. Now if Wii would only come out with an IPSC game that included standards and classifier courses------- :rolleyes:

I would be so there if they did!! :cheers:

I got mine 2 weeks ago and have set the family up and done some yoga. Sounds like a great dryfire aid.

Now I need to figure out how to run the balance game on the wii fit in conjuntion with Ghost Squad! :lol:

Is this for real ? :unsure: I thought you guys were just joking at first.

Try and convince me how a VIDEO GAME is gonna improve your shooting skills.

Sounds to me like another version of 'Get off yer but and go practice'. :roflol:

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

I think if it get folks up off the couch to do anything it's a good thing. I'll stick with my pull up bar, slosh pipe and weights. I just can't see where you get the cardio that is needed. This is coming from a guy that has never tried one.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

After having run through the gamut of exercises on Wii Fit over the last 10 days, I am SORE. I hike approximately 25-30 miles/week under a 30 lb. pack, so am in relatively ok shape. No sprinter here, but I can do 15-20 miles in the hills and backwoods and through the swamps all day long.

If you think pushups, leg lifts, and crunches do nothing for a body, I beg to differ. I ache.

It was also interesting to see a graphic representation of my natural state of what I thought was a balanced stance was awful. It is getting better every day and is kind of fun, to boot. If it allows me to have fun while exercising, it's a valid tool. The yoga exercises were very enlightening as well, and I am gaining flexibility in places that hadn't bent in quite awhile. Watching how my center of balance shifts during different movements was enlightening.

I detest running...always did, even when under the thumb of Uncle Sam. Running in place is fun on the Wii. I hated pushups, situps, and the gamut of crap exercises I was forced to do. The Wii Fit makes them fun.

There are games to "unlock" when you perform well on the base exercises, and I have unlocked most of them this past week. It is a motivator to perform well knowing you'll get another challenge available.

It is a valid tool to use, especially if the weather is inclement. I'm liking it, and also enjoy the ability to track my declining weight and BMI graphically every morning when I have my workout.

Yes, some of the stuff is pure crap, but a lot of the exercises are things I've been doing for 40 years, but more fun. Give it a look if you get a chance.

• 1 month later...