Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Care for glock

Shaun

Silly question I fear, but better ask. I know how to clean my gun, at least the barrel anyway. But I have no clue about lubeing, oil ing and taking it apart and giving it a complete cleaning, any advise, thoughts or advise I should know about.

Thanks

Shaun

Silly question I fear, but better ask. I know how to clean my gun, at least the barrel anyway. But I have no clue about lubeing, oil ing and taking it apart and giving it a complete cleaning, any advise, thoughts or advise I should know about.

Thanks

Shaun

I don't know how accurate these are, but the following are just two examples of YouTube videos posted on Glock maintenance.

If you don't like these, just do a YouTube search using "Glock cleaning".

Bill

Clean a Glock?!?! People do that?

Make sure you don't over oil your Glock like you would a 1911.

Not to hijack thread but how you change the recoil spring, I have only changed on 1911 before?

You need to pop off that little piece on the end of the rod. I usually just use a needle nose pliers.

Make sure you don't over oil your Glock like you would a 1911.

Not to hijack thread but how you change the recoil spring, I have only changed on 1911 before?

You need to pop off that little piece on the end of the rod. I usually just use a needle nose pliers.

Thanks I didn't see that, is it like a c or e clip style plate.

It's not a clip - it's a plug. Plate? I think you are talking about the washer. You have to compress the washer and the spring to pop off the plug.

It's not a clip - it's a plug. Plate? I think you are talking about the washer. You have to compress the washer and the spring to pop off the plug.

Guess it would help if I had it in hand

Take a little care taking off the end plug. It can get messed up so that it may not retain the spring when reassembled. Then again, a lot of people leave it off, giving themselves an "uncaptured" spring and guide rod. Getting the open end onto the slide when reassembling the top end takes just a little practice.

Finally, someone who thinks like I do. That's why I choose to shoot Glocks, cause you hardly ever have to clean them...

-Cuz.

And those are the Glocks you will see lock up in a match. I'm surprised sometimes how many Glock failures of various kinds that I see during matches.

I use Slideglide #3 (sparingly) on my G34 & G19 frame rails & barrel, and they seem to do well with that.

I've used various stuff on the connector/trigger bar area, but lately I've been using TW-25B and it's been doing a decent job. I'm also using it to *lightly* lubricate the plunger.

Glocks are great to clean... Just wipe them off, add 1 drop or so to the rails & barrel, and you are off and running. A full cleaning is not needed until hundreds (if not thousands) of rounds later

Now if you over lube them, you will have a mess with the lube trapping all the gunk...

Got to love the reliability of a glock!!!