Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any decent 40-45 round mags that work?

bladewurk

A member here with the user name Sudden Death makes the mags you seek, and they work. Prices are good too. Shoot him a PM or an email.

+1000 on that!!! The 45 rounders that he makes are the poop! I've had mine for almost 2 years and zero jams.... period.

Chris C.

I stumbled on one (40 round) at a gun show which has worked perfectly, after trying a number that didn't. It's unmarked, so I have no idea who made it. All the measurements are correct and its very nicely finished. Most of the ones I have seen at the shows are imported junk. I've never seen that vender again; I could use a couple more. This isn't much help, but there are good ones out there. Trial and error to find some.

I've had good luck with the DPMS mags. Look kind of hokey (2 30 rounders welded together) but they work well.

The Bushmaster 40 rounders are not much good, in my experience. They seem to be cheaply made, and are steel body mags with no markings on them. Just loading one up without putting it in the gun, the mag body swelled and the rounds became jammed. That doesn't inspire confidence.

I know they're expensive, but buying one $100 Tripp that works is better than getting 2 or more cheaper ones to find one that works.

A member here with the user name Sudden Death makes the mags you seek, and they work. Prices are good too. Shoot him a PM or an email.

+1000 on that!!! The 45 rounders that he makes are the poop! I've had mine for almost 2 years and zero jams.... period.

Chris C.

yup, mine works when the gas is adjusted right lol.

I agree the SuddenDeath mags are the way to go. I got one from him and it works perfectly and has never had a problem at all. I have a comp ordered from him too and its equally as quality a piece. Real good guy to deal with on top of it

I agree the SuddenDeath mags are the way to go. I got one from him and it works perfectly and has never had a problem at all. I have a comp ordered from him too and its equally as quality a piece. Real good guy to deal with on top of it

If SuddenDeath has good stuff, could someone please provide contact information aside from PM. My experience has been on anything over 30 you pays your money and takes your chances.

I use my DPMS 45 rounder at most every match and I have never had it fail me. I load it to 42 or 43 max and it always feeds perfectly...

My experience mirrors yours. But I did break down and purchase a Tripp 52 rounder this year (I had to sell one of my less favorite children to afford it) and it has been working 100%. I did make one change to it. Since it came with the green follower I switched it out to a CMMG steel follower. So far, so good.

This has been talked about before.....

I've got a few CCDN mags and the first thing I do is.....check to see if they fit and drop free out of my gun, then cut about 3 or 4 coils off, and then replace the follower with a CMMG stn stl follower......pretty much function from that point on.

I've got a few CCDN mags and the first thing I do is.....check to see if they fit and drop free out of my gun, then cut about 3 or 4 coils off, and then replace the follower with a CMMG stn stl follower......pretty much function from that point on.

Which CDNN Mags? Regular or "Premium"?

Which CDNN Mags? Regular or "Premium"?

the cheapest ones I can find

• 2 weeks later...

I dug out some PMI steel 40 round mags that I bought back in the 90's recently to play with.

These mags are heavier steel than the typical gunshow crapola.

They came packed in some nasty grease and in plastic bags.

Once degreased, I put magpul followers in them.

I have run them in a dozen matches or more without one single failure of any sort.

They are no longer available, but if you find genuine PMI mags, they are good mags.

I was working on my 30/45 Thermold mag that puked in the last match. found a problem and then when I reassembed it one of the feed lips broke off. I had an ISMI spring in it. Anyway, now needing a new mag, can someone please pm me Sudden Death's contact info. Thanks, Bill L

There is a company, that I will not name because they may not want this info out there yet, but they make very good products that has a 42 round steel AR mag one piece body coated with some super secret squirrel stuff. It will have a non tilting mag follower and a high quality coated mag spring to resist corrosion.

I was told the mag would retail for 20.00!!!!!!!!!!!

I told them they will sell ALL they can make!!!!!!!!!!!

I was told when they would be out, but I have forgotten the date.

Trapr

FYI......my el cheapo 40 round steel mags with the CMMG followers, ran flawlessly at the FNC 3 gun match last weekend. Something you may want to look into.

Until....this company trapr is talkin about comes out with theirs!!

I bought a couple from CDNN around 5 years ago. They all dropped freely. I put a magpul follower and ISMI spring in it. It ran great for almost one year then I started getting double feeds. I measured the lip opening and it was wider than the other mags. I decided to look for something with a longer life span instead of bending the lips back and gave an unused mag to my buddy and it has worked fine for him for almost 3 years with stock guts. I guess it's a hit or miss. I've since switched to PMI and it's worked flawlessly for 4 years.

There is a company, that I will not name because they may not want this info out there yet, but they make very good products that has a 42 round steel AR mag one piece body coated with some super secret squirrel stuff. It will have a non tilting mag follower and a high quality coated mag spring to resist corrosion.

I was told the mag would retail for 20.00!!!!!!!!!!!

I told them they will sell ALL they can make!!!!!!!!!!!

I was told when they would be out, but I have forgotten the date.

Trapr

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&...24&t=378095

I'm gonna buy about 10 of the 42 rounders :D

PS. Shooting a SCAR is awesome! :devil:

Edited by Polytech

• 2 months later...
I have the first 45 rd. mag that Sudden Death made. It's had hundreds of rounds through it and has NEVER puked! You can buy them with the assurance that they WILL work.

I agree mine is two years no problems. runs perfect , he uses quality parts and they work great.

rod