Here is a question...

Flexmoney

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flexmoney,

Is it this one?

"Bolts neben Rissen, fixe Standplätze. Es waren Homos, die sie eingerichtet haben. Ich spreche nicht von Homosexuellen, ich spreche von homogenisierten Menschen. Ich spreche von jenen blutleeren Nasenbohrern, denen jedes Wertgefühl abhandengekommen ist, und die den Respekt für die Natur und die Tatsache, dass nach ihnen fähigere kommen werden, verloren haben. Es sind Kletterer, die vergessen, dass homogenisierte Touren wieder vergessen werden, weil sie ohne Einsatz zu begehen sind. Die wirksamste Methode das Abenteuer zu töten, besteht darin, es in eine Ware zu verwandeln."

attributed to Mark Francis Twight

There is some interesting reading in the old threads. I guess this has something to do with extreme mountain climbing.

No hablo the Duetsch

Dave

Ok I think I found the translation:

There were no give-aways. Belay anchors were solid so we knew we'd never go all the way to the ground, but the potential falls looked long. We couldn't expect easy protection as on the "sport" routes sprouting all over the Mont Blanc Massif; bolts next to cracks, fixed belay stations, fast food alpinism. Homos put 'em up. I don't mean homosexuals, I mean homo-genized men. I mean lame, bloodless snots without any moral character or respect for the environment, climbers willing to climb a route by any means just to be first. These are men who refuse to recognize that other, more capable men will come after them, men who may climb the routes clean. These climbers don't realize that homogenized climbs are forgotten by those who repeat them because they can be done without commitment. So they sabotage their own supposed “legacy."

I hope this is what you were looking for. I spent about 10 hard minutes in search mode. :D

Dave

Edited by Airedale

Is it the one where WFMFT is talking about how goals change, and people lower their aim and settle for what they have accomplished, rather than what they originally wanted?

Someone used to have that in their sig, but I couldn't find it. Figured a post of the gist of the message would be good. (So the quote applies to me!)

Is it wrong that I find the humor in...?

- "I don't understand the question."

- "How can we answer such a BS question?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I (obviously) think it's funny too.

Airedale,

I was jogging with WFMFT once when I lived out in AJ. It was hot as hell.

And I think I remember him saying that "They all die, They all die, They all die..." was his mantra.

be

Either way, I have a question.

What quote/passage/saying/thought am I thinking of...from WFMFT ?

Sueña el rey que es rey, y vive

con este engaño mandando,

disponiendo y gobernando;

y este aplauso, que recibe

prestado, en el viento escribe,

y en cenizas le convierte

la muerte, ¡desdicha fuerte!

¿Que hay quien intente reinar,

viendo que ha de despertar

en el sueño de la muerte?

Sueña el rico en su riqueza,

que más cuidados le ofrece;

sueña el pobre que padece

su miseria y su pobreza;

sueña el que a medrar empieza,

sueña el que afana y pretende,

sueña el que agravia y ofende,

y en el mundo, en conclusión,

todos sueñan lo que son,

aunque ninguno lo entiende.

Yo sueño que estoy aquí

destas prisiones cargado,

y soñé que en otro estado

más lisonjero me vi.

¿Qué es la vida? Un frenesí.

¿Qué es la vida? Una ilusión,

una sombra, una ficción,

y el mayor bien es pequeño:

que toda la vida es sueño,

y los sueños, sueños son.

Is that it?

Either way, I have a question.

What quote/passage/saying/thought am I thinking of...from WFMFT ?

Is that it?

I must withdraw my answer. Did a search and my quote from a couple of posts back is not the answer to Flex's question because it's not from WFMFT. It actually belongs to PCDLB from his work titled LVES. The passage itself is commonly known as EMDS.

Sorry... <_<