Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Here is a question...

Flexmoney

"hmm, I wonder what's causing the disturbance?"

Wow, did I post that somewhere?!

:wacko:

Fun timing on this thread. Last week I was walking through a back street in Tempe and I see this guy balancing, walking slowly along on a log chain, about 3 feet off the ground. (The chain's between two poles, and blocks off what could turn into a parking lot.

He jumps off right as I go by, so I give him a "Wow, that was cool, how long did it take you to learn to do that?" "I hit it really hard for about 6 months," he said. So then I briefly tell him about when me and WFMFT spent an evening trying to do that in a park in Colorado. (When he said the question in HoMiE's quote.) Then I go on my way.

I saw him again last week (I walk that way a lot). Then today I'm in line at the bank and he's standing next to me. I give him a "You're the chain walker"! He looks at me a bit funny, then says, "What do you mean"? "I've seen you walking on that log chain a couple times..." "Oh," he said, now I remember, "You're the guy with that beautiful dog." (That's another story.)

So we chat for a minute... "You look like a runner or a swimmer or biker" he says. I tell him I've always liked to stay in shape, one way or another. "You look like a climber," I say. (He a real cut, seriously in shape dude.) He looks a bit surprised and excitedly says, "That's what I do, that's what I love." I can see it in his eyes. So I drop WFMFT's name, tell him I'm a good friend, and ask him if he's heard of him. He gets even more excited. And starts exclaiming things like, "That guy is the shit" - "He is serious! - "He's crazy..." "He's the real deal" I say. "Yea! He is the real deal" he says. Then he told me to tell him hi from a "massive fan" the next time I talked to him.

I called WFMFT, but of course he didn't answer. (He answer's less than the TGO.) But I left him a fun message. They're too busy doing shit. They ain't got time to talk on the phone.

be

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, nobody got the quote that was in my mind. And, it may have been an impossible task to do so.

But, another goal of the questions was the exercise itself. The journey of studying some of what the WFMFT has said is a reward in itself.

I'll share what I was looking for. It was more administrative than inspirational...or was it???

DELIVERANCE

Will Your Note be Answered or Deleted?

BY MARK TWIGHT

Before clicking on the link below please ask yourself - and answer honestly - whether you are about to pose a question that can be answered with more effort on your part i.e. are you taking the easiest way out for yourself? If you are then we will do the same by deleting your e-mail. However, e-mail containing serious, intelligent inquiry will be answered.

• 3 weeks later...

OK...so today I a trying to clean out a bunch of old PM's that are in my mailbox. It became apparent why I posted this particular quote. For some reason, I was starting to get PM after PM with questions on shooting and (mostly Glock) gear.

Now, I obviously don't mind talking about this stuff (I've got over 20K in posts on this forum alone). But, I sure don't like talking about it one on one in PM's and emails. That is not good for anybody.

Do a search. If you can't find it in a search...ask the question on the forum. That is what the "forum" is about. On top of that, you get input from a variety of sources, not just what one guy might think he knows. :)

I don't have time to answer PM's one on one. If I do, I'd never get anything done...let alone get to post on the actual forum here (on shooting topics). Answering one-on-one...somebody might ask me the exact same question next week. Ask the question on the forum...and the answer is there for everybody to read and learn from.

Search first though...as many of these question have been answered already...with some fantastic input.

• 2 weeks later...

It's like the old saying " think before you speak" Good insite and it also keeps from getting the forum from getting to clustered. It's also encouragement for new/experienced shooters and members of the forum to get involved and do some research. Good stuff and a great mental exercise...

• 5 months later...

I used to love WFMFT's demented magazine articles.

My favorite blurb was that he convinced himself that you could only fall as far as you could see...

So this was his arguement against halogen bulbs in his headlamps.

It was once said of him that he confused 'fun' and 'scary'... so they let him lead all the fun pitches.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...