Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 Round Mags for 9mm Single Stack?

crabby

Does anyone have any information about a supplier of 10 ROUND MAGAZINES for a 9mm SINGLE STACK? I see a real benefit of shooting 9mm in USPSA / Single Stack ... IF using 10 Round Mags. However, I can't find a supplier. Any ideas?

AC4CP@AOL.COM

I have a lot of Tripp .40 mags. They are great. Today I shot a friend 9MM with the new Tripp mags. Go to Tripp Research and look at the mags. They are not cheap but the quality is the best I have ever seen.

I bought the Tripp 10 round magazines a few weeks ago for my STI Trojan. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but the fit and finish is top notch. They do have the potential of locking the slide back early, but if they do, Tripp will send you the modified follower for free.

http://www.trippresearch.com/CVS/products/1911/1911.html

Edited by bdo

I purchased 4 Tripp magazines for my 9mm Caspian. The last round locked the slide back on the 10th round. I ran the same magazines through a Kimber and Springfield with 100 % reliability. After a quick call to Virgil, he sent me 4 followers at no charge. Now the Caspian runs 100 %. A bit costly but well worth the personnel service.

Ditto on the Tripp mags. I bought one to check out for my 9mm Trojan. It works great. Quality mag. I'll be ordering a few more. :)

9mm? Does the rest of the JMB snob-club know?

:cheers:

Ditto on the Tripp mags. I bought one to check out for my 9mm Trojan. It works great. Quality mag. I'll be ordering a few more. :)

One must be careful when making a feeble attempt to out snob the co-chair for doctrine Mr. hk_mtbr. Since you are new to snobbery it seems we will excuse your not knowing JMB created several 9mm weapons, designed the 1911 for a similar caliber and, most importantly in this instance, that I obtained my 9mm in trade with our esteemed founder. You may return to the topic now. :closedeyes:

It is important to realize that all SNOBS are created equal. But you must also know that some are more equal than others. It has been my experence that those who would dare to cross wits with the Rabbit end up with crossed wits and eyes to match....

I hope you find this confusing... :devil:

Edited by Merlin Orr

A Gentleman never mentions...much less tells. :closedeyes:

9mm....hell thats just 38 auto short :-)

I have the Metalform 10 round mags also and they are fine. I haven't had a second of trouble with them, but then again I have been running super mags, in the 9's I own, without any problems.

I too thought there would be an advantage to the 10 round mags in Single Stack. I was wrong, the numbers favored the .45 acp major load. Oh well, we live and learn.

Buddy

I got a chance to test out four of the Tripp 10 round 9mm mags in my stock STI Trojan. It runs like a sewing machine and it didn't lock prematurely.

I thought wilson made 10 round 9mm mags

Yeah, it is in the new ETM series of mags. Price wise they are pretty similar to the Tripp magazines. I just ended up with the Tripp ones because I found those first.