Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More sight, model ARW-4, this is the new all aluminum body,

timamal

Why do you guys think of this cmore

I think it looks better and it will take a real effort to strip out or crack it.

It is heavier by about, if I remember correctly, by about an ounce.

post-3253-1210040843.jpg

post-3253-1210040855.jpg

post-3253-1210040883.jpg

I have had 1 for about a year and I like it better. The down side is it doesnt clean up as easy as the plastic one. The lense is fine but the metal lets the small bits get in little nooks and such and you cant get it as clean. I would like it better if it was 100 bucks cheaper. It also seems to adjust a littler easier and hold it longer. The little loop of metal or plastic work with the rubber bushing to act as opposing springs and work very well. I still think it is the best open gun optic solution available.

I like the aluminum version better. Holds zero better. I just bought another one for a backup from CDNN, there are $199 right now, for aluminum version, and it is click switch.

Homie, can you please post a link to that item? I'm on CDNN's page in another window and don't see the aluminum body anywhere. Thanks.

I like the aluminum version better. Holds zero better. I just bought another one for a backup from CDNN, there are $199 right now, for aluminum version, and it is click switch.

+1

The sight just seems more rugged to me.....has never lost zero for me in at least 5+rds, can't say that about my polymer version that just came back from c-more for that very problem! Down side is that its a couple ounces heavier and had to put a glare shield on it to eliminate the halo effect around the 4 moa dot in the bright sun. I never noticed it in my 6 moa polymer sight!

Homie, can you please post a link to that item? I'm on CDNN's page in another window and don't see the aluminum body anywhere. Thanks.

You can call them and verify that it is the aluminum version.

http://cdnninvestments.com/crasinew.html

I call them tomorrow. Do you know what the dot size that comes with this deal?

I comes with the 8 MOA dot. Can't beat the price, just take off the rail and mount it. I took off the big toolless screws on the battery cover.

You can call them and verify that it is the aluminum version.

http://cdnninvestments.com/crasinew.html

I call them tomorrow. Do you know what the dot size that comes with this deal?

I comes with the 8 MOA dot. Can't beat the price, just take off the rail and mount it. I took off the big toolless screws on the battery cover.

All the aluminum ones I have seen on the surplus market are 4 MOA (ARW-4). Large quantities of a rifle kit that didn't market well...

Thanks for the info guys/HoMie. I just ordered one from CDNN - it's the 8moa dot, aluminum body - 4 moa would be too small for me. Can't remember the exact number because I also ordered some magazines, but CDNN's shipping was very reasonable also.

Big/small?? one of those......oops

Edited by WillM

Thanks for the info guys/HoMie. I just ordered one from CDNN - it's the 8moa dot, aluminum body - 4 moa would be too big for me. Can't remember the exact number because I also ordered some magazines, but CDNN's shipping was very reasonable also.

?????

the 4 moa dot is smaller than the 8 moa

Thanks for the info guys/HoMie. I just ordered one from CDNN - it's the 8moa dot, aluminum body - 4 moa would be too big for me. Can't remember the exact number because I also ordered some magazines, but CDNN's shipping was very reasonable also.

?????

the 4 moa dot is smaller than the 8 moa

The 4 moa is smaller

4 moa, the dot is 4" at 100 yards or it might be 100 meters

8 moa, the dot is 8"

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one of these off the gunbroker deal last week. Put it on a light AR. I havent shot a open pistol much in the last 3 or 4 years but these are pretty much what I remembered C Mores to be. Quality was good, dot(4 moa) was crisp and round, click switch was crisp and postive. Adjustments a 100 yds are finickey but when you get it done its done. It is quite a bit heavier than a plastic dot, maybe too heavy for a pistol but I think I like it on the little carbine.------------Larry

• 2 weeks later...

I received mine a week ago but with the holidays didn't have a chance to play with it until this weekend,

my dot appears to be smaller than my wife's 6 moa or my current 8 moa.

but it is bright. What glare shields are you guys using on this C-More? My old Arredondo won't fit.

Edited by TruStreet