Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Car GPS recommendations

I've got a Tom Tom one bought it at Radio shack around Christmas for 148 and some change. I run a service type business and so far it's gotten me everywhere I've needed to go. Also been to Fla. and back with it showed gas stations and resturants just fine. Showes you your path and tells you where to turn. Used it almost every day for 5 months and no problems so far. Hope the review helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Best Buy Saturday and played with all the 199.99 units, TomTom, Garmin, Magellan. Settled on the TomTom 130 S, for $249. I like the text to speech option. Fist thing I had to turn off was the warning that I was exceeding the posted speed limit. :devil:

Bruce

• 7 months later...

I like the Garmins, They are up-to-date on their software technology. TomTom is what i have right now but it is very basic and is perfect for first-time users. Garmins have more features.

DON't by the shitty magellens. They are like 10 years behind in their software.

I have a Garmin 350 and have used it for 150k miles in 2 years, they make u retarded. Someone calls me and asked where I am and I never even know what state I am in. A GPS and a satellite radio and I'm clueless!!!!! Wouldn't make it a day without one.

I have a Garmin 350 and have used it for 150k miles in 2 years, they make u retarded. Someone calls me and asked where I am and I never even know what state I am in. A GPS and a satellite radio and I'm clueless!!!!! Wouldn't make it a day without one.

That is alot of miles in 2 years

I have the Garmin Nuvi 500. Its kind of the odd ball, its also has topo maps loaded in it, and waterproof. I take it from the truck to the Jeep for off-roading, and pull it out and use it as a hand held for hunting. I'm going to get a mount for my snowmobile.

Just wait till you have to buy the new maps to update the unit. 69.99 from Garmin. I did find it at Best Buy for 59.99.

I have the 750 and it is great really like all the features etc.

my .02

Do the roads move??

Roads are constantly being built......

...so an update every few years is a good idea....

Do the roads move??

I drove down to RI yesterday with my Garmin 265WT, they have a new offramp for the 95/195 interchange. My GPS got all flustered when she thought we were driving over water.... I say she because my GPS talks to me in a female Australian accent.

Sometimes I drive in circles just to listen to her.

For what its worth I bought a Garmin 350 C a couple of years ago and it does a pretty good job. I'm looking for one to put in my new truck and GPS magazine did test on a good many. The editor's pick is the Garmin 365T. It sells for about $300 and that is about right for a decent unit.

Buddy