Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One Shooter-two Guns

#1 Use Pending for the second entry's USPSA number. This doesn't work if you want to turn in both classifiers.

#2 There's an option to turn on for a re-entry, I think when you are registering them the second time.

As Ron mentioned, the problem with the re-entry feature is the second gun does not show up in the printed reults. Since our club allows shooters to shoot multiple guns, we just create seperate matches for each division. Not the most elegant solution, but it works.

Dave,

I can probably get you the answer this weekend. I'll talk to the score keeper in Oakdale as they allow multi-gun entries. I have shot 2 guns there many times and both show in the results and both classifiers have made it to USPSA.

laters,

gr

this is what i do. the first gun gets the uspsa number. the second gun gets no uspsa number. both show up on match results. then you have to hand write the hit factors, names, etc. on the reports that go to the uspsa.

lynn jones

example:

[pre]

Stage: 4 Off Balance Blast

Place Name No. Class Division Pts Pen Time Hit Fact Stg Pts Stg %

1 Jones , Lynn 11 M Open 108 0 16.74 6.4516 120.0000 100.00%

2 Hendrix, Nathan 10 B Open 112 0 18.38 6.0936 113.3412 94.45%

3 Lofton, Chad 13 M Limited 114 0 19.49 5.8492 108.7953 90.66%

4 Cobb, Rodney 6 M Open 111 0 19.01 5.8390 108.6056 90.50%

5 Bowman 2nd, Craig 20 M Limited 108 0 20.16 5.3571 99.6423 83.04%

6 Sigler, William 2nd 22 A Limited 115 0 21.60 5.3241 99.0285 82.52% 7 Sigler, William 16 A Open 118 0 23.46 5.0298 93.5545 77.96%

8 May, Rodney 14 M Limited 108 0 23.44 4.6075 85.6997 71.42%

9 Grewe, Bill 9 B Open 105 0 24.15 4.3478 80.8692 67.39%

10 Bowman, Craig 3 M Limited 115 0 27.20 4.2279 78.6391 65.53%

11 Pierce, Calvin 15 C Open 103 0 25.11 4.1020 76.2974 63.58%

12 DuBois, Bob 2nd 21 B Open 118 0 29.37 4.0177 74.7294 62.27%

13 Chalk, Dennis 5 C Limited 112 0 28.23 3.9674 73.7938 61.49%

14 Williams , Marty 19 B Open 108 0 29.26 3.6910 68.6527 57.21%

15 Davidson, Max 7 M Open 107 30 21.45 3.5897 66.7686 55.64%

16 Keen, Sam 12 C Limited 108 10 28.74 3.4099 63.4243 52.85%

17 Carl, Storm 4 U Limited 106 0 31.81 3.3323 61.9809 51.65%

18 Dubois, Bob 8 B Open 113 60 17.74 2.9876 55.5695 46.31%

19 Wigginton, Stan 18 GM Open 111 0 42.87 2.5892 48.1592 40.13%

20 Walter, Harold 17 U Production 95 10 35.81 2.3736 44.1490 36.79%

21 Smith, Troy 2 U Limited 10 111 0 58.50 1.8974 35.2917 29.41%two

22 Simmons, Chris 1 U Limited 10 88 50 23.89 1.5906 29.5852 24.65%[/pre]

Try using the shooters nick name with no USPSA #, this works pretty good at our club. Print out the reports and we just stick the scoresheets with "Re-Shoot" on them in with the reports to USPSA. But, that was before I knew there was a re-entry, where is it by the way?

There's a simpler way.

Type in the shooter's info as usual for the first gun.

For the second gun change his uspsa number from (let's say) TY-12345 to TYF-12345 then hit enter. Then go back and change his uspsa number back to the original TY-12345 and hit enter. This even works for shooting the same gun in the same division. And you won't have to change or alter a thing on your USPSA report. This is how to avoid the dreaded "Re-Entry" tage.

For reshoots, just change his first name from "John" to "John-Reshoot" so that the match results say "Smith, John - Reshoot"

Dave,

Sounds like Dowter has the answer.........

This might be what they are doing as on some of the printouts there is usually an extra letter in the reg number

I'll still check and see

laters,

gr

There won't be an extra letter if you change the shooters uspsa number back after you have entered an incorrect one.

Look at these results and the first two shooters - http://www.uspsa.org/cgi-bin/stage_display...stol_Finals.dat

Winscore only checks for "Re-Entrys" the first time you enter in a shooters info. It doesn't check corrections. If you go back to a shooter who you have already entered and change his info - the program won't look for a "Re-Entry"

Just try what I explained below and you won't have any problems.

Patches -

1. Go to the "Define Stages" icon and click it.

Select the stage that you want to have removed from the match.

The first box for the stage is "Stage Deleted"

Select "Yes."

2. Yes.

Go to the "Register Competitors" icon and click it.

Select "Already Registerd" Tab.

Double click on the shooter you want to change

Just change their number and save it.

Dave,

I talked to the scorer this weekend. He says he just adds a single letter to the USPSA #. For the after match score posting, no big deal if it is there. As for the classifier sheets sent to USPSA, he simply covers the letter with a bit of white out............. low tech solution to a high tech problem.

Dowter,

I told him of the method you use and he might give it a try. He said he is using an older version, so wasn't sure if it would still work.

laters,

gr

white out? LOL. :lol:

First. It's free to upgrade to the latest version of EZwinscore. Everyone should do that.

Second. It's much easier and quicker to upload classifiers(and club reports) via the new USPSA upload service. Even if you don't want to pay for the classifiers with a credit card, you can still upload them and just send the uspsa a check.

*slight drift mode on*

With the new EZwinscore, you can even post the club results on the uspsa page. It makes the match results look very professional.

Dowter,

Thanks for the advice. I tried changing the competitor number as you suggested but I'm not allowed to edit the competitor number field. I can edit other fields such as address, name, phone number, etc. just not number. I suppose I could edit the entire record to reflect the new person but it sure would be easier to be able to simply change a competitors number.

Thanks,

John

Dowter,

Thanks for the advice.  I tried changing the competitor number as you suggested but I'm not allowed to edit the competitor number field.  I can edit other fields such as address, name, phone number, etc. just not number.  I suppose I could edit the entire record to reflect the new person but it sure would be easier to be able to simply change a competitors number.

Thanks,

John

Really? I just double checked again the EZwinscore and had no problem changing either the uspsa designations(A,TY,FY,L,etc.) or the number (1-50000). What screen are you trying to change the info from and do you have the latest version of EZwinscore(2.2)? Also try to explain in detail what happens when you try to change the competitor number. The problem is probably something small that you're missing. :)

Dowter,

I think I found the disconnect...I'm talking about changing the "Competitor Number" and I think you're talking about changing their USPSA number. At our club, we have a waiver sheet that competitors must sign. When they do, they get their competitor number based on the order they sign the waiver sheet and then I enter them into the computer. Occasionally I've had a competitor sign up as the 29th competitor when I was distracted by something. I then see the next guy come in and sign up so I assume he's number 29 and I enter him into the computer as such but he's actually number 30 and the first guy should be number 29. I know the solution to this is for me to just pay more attention but I'm wondering if there is a way to correct it once a competitor is entered in a match.

Thanks,

John

Dowter, Dave, et al

A little correction/clarification............

The extra letter is added to the shooter name it appears to be a middle initial, not to the USPA#.........done only for the additional gun(s).

They put a T for the L -"T"en, L for limited, P for production and R for revolver........

Dowter ,

The white out of the letter is only to avoid any confusion with the submission of classifiers.......may not be the "cleanest" ;) method but has been working for a long time. :D

laters,

gr

• 1 year later...

Hey All,

I've just run into this problem, of one shooter shooting in 2 divisions at the same match. It sounds to me like using this "re-entry" tab in EZWinScore is the way to go, but I can't find the "re-entry" tab anywhere.

Does it still exist in version 2.25?

If I understand correctly, if I don't use the re-entry feature, I need to register one competitor twice, using two different USPSA numbers or two different names (TYXXXX vs. TYFXXXX, for e.g., or Dogma L Dog vs. Dogma Dog).

Then, once they're registered, edit the entry to correct the USPSA number and calculate/submit results normally?

I don't want to use any method requiring paper. I want to submit my results online.

I wish USPSA would come up with an explicit procedure for this within EZWS.

DogmaDog

It (2.25) already does this, with the sole exception that (at least on the uploaded final overall results) nothing appears that differentiates between the competitor's match score and his reshoot score. (It does differentiate on printed results. I'll add a note to bugzilla to that effect.) However, details for multiple entries DO show up in the results, even in the uploaded results, as illustrated here.

There is no re-entry "tab" as such. You simply register the competitor again in the second division and, when calculating match results, check the "include reentries" checkbox that appears just below the "Club.txt" cmdbutton on the "Match results - calculate, display and print" form.

Oh, and going back and reading this topic a bit more and totally understanding the title, I gave you an answer for a question you didn't really ask, the topic being two separate divisions shot in a single pistol match, rather than a multi-gun/tournament event. Mark's right: you DQ him both times.

[remainder of answer to question you didn't ask deleted]