Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 South Carolina Section Championship

Just wanted to let everyone know that the 2009 South Carolina Section Championship will be May 30-31, 2009 at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club (Columbia). We will follow the same format as in prior years - one day format. ROs and staff will shoot Friday. Saturday competitors do not have to past targets or set steel. Cash payout.

Now, to start designing stages..... :mellow::unsure::mellow::unsure:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to let everyone know that the 2009 South Carolina Section Championship will be May 30-31, 2009 at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club (Columbia). We will follow the same format as in prior years - one day format. ROs and staff will shoot Friday. Saturday competitors do not have to past targets or set steel. Cash payout.

Now, to start designing stages..... :mellow::unsure::mellow::unsure:

Jack:

I have been telling all of the guys I shoot with here in PA about your match. They thought I was crazy when I told them I was going to drive 600+ miles to shoot this match. What a great match!!!!!!!!!!!!Now, many of them want to come with me next year. Match is on my 2009 calender. See you then.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks! I am the same with the Summer Blast. Too much fun to miss, so its worth the long drive. Hopefully, Memorial Day weekend will make it easier for folks to attend.

I do have a correction on the date - May 29-30 is the correct dates. Sorry for the confusion.

Jack,

Why the radical change in dates?

James

James,

We moved from April because the 1st weekend was Palm Sunday, 2nd Easter. From what I hear, A6 is going with the 3rd weekend in April. March is too "iffy" weather-wise. MCRC normally shoots on the second weekend - in May that is Mothers Day weekend. My wife is pretty tolerant of my shooting, travelling, MD'ing, etc....but I think if I had our match on Mother's Day weekend, I would be a dead man. I am sure other wives would volunteer to help my wife, too! :surprise: So, with the long weekend (5th - no other disciplines shooting at our club), we decided to go with that.

Is there a website or something with more info available? I am interested...

We just finished the 2008 match, so we have not even gotten to the point of setting up a webpage for 09 :wacko: Sorry. But we should start posting more info towards September. We usually post stages etc around December (after we get approval from John Amidon). Our section webiste has pix from this year's match and well as a link to results and stages on Linda Chico's website: http://lchico.5u.com. Sorry I can't give you more info at this point.

We'd love to have you join us!

We just finished the 2008 match, so we have not even gotten to the point of setting up a webpage for 09 wacko.gif Sorry. But we should start posting more info towards September. We usually post stages etc around December (after we get approval from John Amidon). Our section webiste has pix from this year's match and well as a link to results and stages on Linda Chico's website: http://lchico.5u.com. Sorry I can't give you more info at this point.

We'd love to have you join us!

No problem! I'll keep checking back for updates. And thanks for the invite!

Woohooo....I have my calendar marked and will be there with bells on!

One word for you, Mr. Suber, Payback! :sight:

BEs, if you see my "friend" (used loosely in this instance) at a match in the near future, when asking about 2009 SC Section, as him how those Tigers are?! :goof:

BEs, if you see my "friend" (used loosely in this instance) at a match in the near future, when asking about 2009 SC Section, as him how those Tigers are?! :goof:

LSU Tigers are the national champs. Why?

post-950-1208912891.jpg

post-950-1208913099.jpg

post-950-1208913307.jpg

Jack,

That was one of the best match I have shot in a long time...Everyone was so helpful and the VIP Stage treatment of no pasting or painting is great.

I'll be their next May.

Hope to see you before then.

Maybe you will consider comming down for the Florida Open???

Thanks for everything.

Jack,

That was one of the best match I have shot in a long time...Everyone was so helpful and the VIP Stage treatment of no pasting or painting is great.

I'll be their next May.

Thanks for everything.

Rick,

I am glad you made it and enjoyed yourself. We'll look for you next year (both at the range and at our house). We were at the Fla Open this year and plan to attend next year. I am sure we'll see you around before then (perhaps if you make it up this way when the Gamecocks whoop up on the Gators in November :surprise: ). Mississippi is our next outing. Take care and keep in touch.

Jack

Edited by Jack Suber

Jack,

I'll be their next May.

Thanks for everything.

Rick,

I am glad you made it and enjoyed yourself. We'll look for you next year (both at the range and at our house). We were at the Fla Open this year and plan to attend next year. I am sure we'll see you around before then (perhaps if you make it up this way when the Gamecocks whoop up on the Gators in November :surprise: ). Mississippi is our next outing. Take care and keep in touch.

Jack

Jack.....

I see a service or publicity bet in your near future...prior to November 15 in the SWAMP :cheers:

Will you be shooting the NC State match??? If yes pls let me know, I'd like to shoot with you again.

I'll be going to Area 8 and the Virginia/Maryland.

post-13568-1209656118.gif

Rick

Jack,

I'll be their next May.

Thanks for everything.

Rick,

Jack

Jack.....

I see a service or publicity bet in your near future...prior to November 15 in the SWAMP :cheers:

Will you be shooting the NC State match??? If yes pls let me know, I'd like to shoot with you again.

I'll be going to Area 8 and the Virginia/Maryland.

post-13568-1209656118.gif

Rick

Rick,

I do plan on shooting NC this year (Nationals are not going to work out for me so NC and Georgia are on my list). I will be shooting Mississippi in a couple of weeks - I am going to try to shoot a gun with a red-sight-thing on it :surprise::wacko::sick: First attempt was last weekend....it wasn't pretty.....

• 7 months later...

Hey Jack,

Are you all in need of help for the match. I worked it last year and had a blast.

I am trying to get my calendar all set up for this year so just let me know if you still need volunteers.

Thank you,

John Lovell

Hey Jack,

Are you all in need of help for the match. I worked it last year and had a blast.

I am trying to get my calendar all set up for this year so just let me know if you still need volunteers.

Thank you,

John Lovell

John,

Email or check with Linda Saturday. We normally have a waiting list of ROs (yep, a waiting list for ROs :wacko: ). I am not sure what the status is at this point as I have been focusing on Toys for Tots for the last couple of months. thanks!