Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guy's with eyebrows waxed!

TimBoettcher

I was recently at a party with my wife and this guy walks in and at first I didnt know what was wrong with his face. A friend of ours introduced his to us and then it hit me THIS GUY IS WAXING HIS EYBROWS! I leaned to my wife and said a few things (prolly not nice!) and she lookd at me and laughed and said she has seen alot of this latley. What the hell is wrong with guys today?!?!?!

Edited by TimBoettcher

Same thing as the guys who're wearing 'chick' pants (see other thread).

But, ya' know... we tend to do weird things (simply because we CAN) when we're young. I know I did. I think, on one hand, it's just runaway youthful imaginations thinking up doofy things to do (or wear), and--on the other hand--it's a bit of it-HAS-truly-gotten-outa-hand-this-time behaviour.

What also concerns me is there are hundreds of employers who will NOT hire you looking like some of these people look these days! No way. I even feel a little guilty with my four-piercings-in-each-ear situation some days. Though I really low-key it in conservative settings. (FYI, I have no OTHER piercings of any kind.) ;)

I know we are not supposed to argue with hate threads and all but...

I really think having two distinct eyebrows is better than a big ol bushy unibrow.... I guess some dudes might go a bit too far, but I am all for waxing.

I know we are not supposed to argue with hate threads and all but...

I really think having two distinct eyebrows is better than a big ol bushy unibrow.... I guess some dudes might go a bit too far, but I am all for waxing.

You're not a fan of the Unibrow? I am...it makes me look better in comparison to those Cro-Magnon types :D

Well I am not a fan of the Unibrow/Monobrow, but I have one. :angry2:

I admit that I run the shaver over the center when I shave, (frequently) and few can tell the difference because I started this practice soon after it became evident that this was the situation. :blush:

If yoiu ever meet me, don't STARE and try to see where, just act NATURAL. Okay? ;)

Well I am not a fan of the Unibrow/Monobrow, but I have one. :angry2:

I admit that I run the shaver over the center when I shave, (frequently) and few can tell the difference because I started this practice soon after it became evident that this was the situation. :blush:

If yoiu ever meet me, don't STARE and try to see where, just act NATURAL. Okay? ;)

This has to be the best post of the day :cheers:

Jim :bow:

This thread it useless with out photos

<_< You could have had him stand next to your wife to get a photo...... you would have had to take some other photos too, but it would be worth it.

and is that waxed as in no eyebrow at all?

Edited by AlamoShooter

Now you make me feel funny about waxing, I was going in for a full Brazilian wax on Tuesday but I might not if you guys are going to tease me about it. I keep thinking 'a palm tree always looks better in the desert' but the teasing might not be worth it........

Now you make me feel funny about waxing, I was going in for a full Brazilian wax on Tuesday but I might not if you guys are going to tease me about it. I keep thinking 'a palm tree always looks better in the desert' but the teasing might not be worth it........

If you decide to go through with it, tell them to be careful around the coconuts :surprise:

Same thing as the guys who're wearing 'chick' pants (see other thread).

But, ya' know... we tend to do weird things (simply because we CAN) when we're young. I know I did. I think, on one hand, it's just runaway youthful imaginations thinking up doofy things to do (or wear), and--on the other hand--it's a bit of it-HAS-truly-gotten-outa-hand-this-time behaviour.

What also concerns me is there are hundreds of employers who will NOT hire you looking like some of these people look these days! No way. I even feel a little guilty with my four-piercings-in-each-ear situation some days. Though I really low-key it in conservative settings. (FYI, I have no OTHER piercings of any kind.) ;)

Thanks for sharing.

If I didn't trim my eyebrows, I'd have to comb them up over my head so I could see.

But I don't wax them. My trendy niece did this, and her irritated brows swelled up and made her look like a Neanderthal girl. Of course, I didn't laugh at her... Much. :lol:

I am with Jimmyzip.....a quick swipe with the straight razor and my unibrow is no more. I used to pluck it...but it was taking way too much time. I started my beard when I was 14 so you get the picture! Waxing would probably make me look funny...men are supposed to be a little rough around the edges...else we would start to look sleek like the women...it's what keeps us in demand! (I think?!?!) :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

The eyebrows are just the start. I've met a couple of guys that are doing the whole Olympic Swimmer hair removal treatment... :surprise: I mean arms, legs, chest, back, etc., etc... Guess that's the metrosexual thing to do. Wax's gotta be a big OUCH and a coupla' days later it's gaoota itch like A MOFO!! :o

I think I'll stick to my Geico caveman look, thanks. :mellow: