Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

14 Years since I came to United States

sinnsyk

That's right, 14 years ago I arrived in Tempe, Arizona for the first time and spent 6 months just to train, travel and compete in the US. Every day me and my buddy Ivar drove out to Rio Salado and practiced in the middle of the day at 100 - 115 degree weather. A couple of gallons of water and lots of sunscreen. But being from Norway I looked like lobster all summer... But they were good times and six months of having fun transformed my life forever. There was no way I could go back to Norway and work for Xerox anymore. Few years later, in 1996 I moved here permanently and I'm still here, ha ha.

It's a pleasure to know you Henning... Norway's loss is our gain. :) if you ever left the States we would be less for it. I plan on taking you up on that invite some time this summer.. providing I can find a time you aren't cruising the world shooting. :P

Best,

Jim

I, like everyone else, really appreciate that you've come here and have provided us all with so much support. I hope to meet you one day and buy you a beer!

~Mitch

"A" beer; as in one?? Now you are just teasing him!

One beer is always better than none... ;-)

If you happen to be in my neighborhood... Longmont, Colorado I'll take you to the Pumphouse. Longmont's premier brewery / restaurant / sports bar. Killer food. In fact just chewing on a nice Ribeye and sipping on the Firehouse Wheat beer with an once of orange juice which informally is called a 'Henning wheat'. Wheat beer and ribeyes are big favorites of mine.

To explain... I'm remodeling my house project so I don't have a kitchen. Which means the Pumphouse is a no-brainer choice for me. Great food and atmosphere. My kitchen should be done in about a month I hope. I'm doing a modern, self-designed cabinet setup from HomeDepot that their installers refused to do. Said it couldn't be done. So, I'm on my own to install. Of course it can be done.. And I'm trading the plumber who used to work at Home Depot for guns to hook me up with gas, water and beer lines in my kitchen... Yes, it's gonna have Pumphouse wheat beer on tap right there in my kitchen. Just debating putting in a line for an amber/red for guests.. I won't be drinking it so please consider yourself invited to come over if you like. I've got my basement guest room finished and upstairs almost finished. When it's all done I'll have two permanent guest rooms, my own designed & painted French countryside inspired, open kitchen, a big flat-screen tv, beer tap and barstool height kitchen seating for 6 around the kitchen. Will be pretty kick-ass and my whole setup may double as a b&b for friends and family.

I guess it can always be questioned if Longmont itself is the place to be, but I like it. If anything, my opinion is that Colorado is killer where I've found a home that I feel good about. The upcoming Rocky Mountain 300 in Ft. Collins is only a couple of .50BMG shots away so for Leo and John driving in from Kansas City it'll be the party central for the weekend. Jason's crashing here for the weekend and for sure we'll be frequenting the Pumphouse. I might drag the guys over to our Thursday boxing class as well. See what they think of our little improv classes. Currently extremely small group, just me and Nicki. Otherwise Sid (last name Payne..) will be there to try to break my nose again. We're into the crossfit style of exercise which is fun, exhausting and rewarding.

And my house is only 15 mins from the Boulder Rifle Club's north range. As soon as it gets nice and warm outside I'll be out there to blast my guns. At the moment, my open and limited gun is shipped off to get IonBond'ed. Upon return I'll mount the 2nd generation Barry Mount / C-More and get it ready for RM300. 5 stages, 300 rounds. 60 rounds per stage. And I'm sponsoring the match this year, with a semi-tricked out Tanfoglio Match pistol. Of the five stages, my favorite is the steel and whoever comes closest to guessing my time on that stage this year will win the gun. I can smoke it or trash it, doesn't matter. Tune in with your intuition and guess the time.. win a $900 pistola. he he

Glad årsdag Henning!!

As others have said, Norway's loss is definitely our gain. Many thanks for everything you do for all the Tanfo shooters in general specifically for everything you've helped me with including the new uber-open gun.

Once I build a little vacation time up this year I'll have to catch you at some matches other than Area 2. Do you know which matches you are planning on making this year?

Ms. Neomet and I will be toasting you tonight!

need some pics of the house and the work you're doing dude! congrats on the anniversary. And to think I want to head over to Norway for a month or two in a couple years! Try and track down family I've never met or heard of. (hopefully some cute 2nd cousins)

Been to Norway twice when I was a Naval Aviator. First to Oslo, then to Trondheim wich I liked best. The women were beautiful and the disco was nice. At that time the women were dancing with each other because they said the men didn't have any rhythm. Is that still true today you think? Would love to go back to visit one day.

That's right, 14 years ago I arrived in Tempe, Arizona for the first time and spent 6 months just to train, travel and compete in the US. Every day me and my buddy Ivar drove out to Rio Salado and practiced in the middle of the day at 100 - 115 degree weather. A couple of gallons of water and lots of sunscreen. But being from Norway I looked like lobster all summer... But they were good times and six months of having fun transformed my life forever. There was no way I could go back to Norway and work for Xerox anymore. Few years later, in 1996 I moved here permanently and I'm still here, ha ha.

Yes, I remember that!!!

I shot my first IPSC Paper Match then too!!

You had just arrived!!

Now..... can I see your Green Card, you Furrner???

OOOPS, I forgot, you are a real American now!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: