Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock sights

Shaun

I am all about supporting the guys/gals who support this site and what we do!

I checked out the lik you gave me. I love the rear sight, but feel like I want something brighter on the front, did not see that as an option...

Thanks by the way, you guys are great with the info for a new guy starting out, it's very appreciated.

Shaun

I've gotten two sets of Sevigny sights from CPWSA and was very pleased with the transactions. The Sevigny Competition sights have a GREAT sight picture with or without the fiber optic front. Here's how the FO front looks on my G34:

10_18_2007_001.sized.jpg

It's a fantastic setup.

That looks good! That is likely the direction I will go, when I go. I like the stock sights on my gun a bit more than I thought I would and will probably stick with them for a bit. I ordered my true grip from CPWSA and recieved it quickly! Seems like a gret resource.

Shaun

I just got a 34, and I'm thinking about going with the Dawson fixed rear with the Dawson BLACK front. I have a Sevigny rear and Dawson FO front on my G35 and love it. Just want to try something different.

Anybody have experience with the Dawson fixed rear?

I just put a set of Dawson's fiber optic on a Glock 17. I close them after shooting them on my trainer's gun a couple weeks ago. I called and them showed up in very short order. Installation was easy, the tool were included in the price. First impressions are quite favorable.

I think I may just send my slide into CPWSA, looks like a sweet deal and no danger of me messing it up, any of you have experience doing this, Turn around time? Accuracy when it comes back???? I'm new so I appoligize if this is a stupid question :) !

Shaun

• 4 weeks later...

My Glock 34 came in today. Nice gun but the 3-dot sights have to go.

I'm leaning towards the Sevigny Competition sight rear with FO front.

If the gun shoots low, how would I adjust these sights to compensate? It appears that we can't dress down the front sight since it has a fiber optic tube. So what do we do?

Thanks.

Bill

I mailled my slide to Chris Thursday, it appears that he mailed it back today, Fast turn around! Sweet! I went with the FO front with The Sevigny Competition sights on the rear. Cant wait to see it and shoot it!!!

Shaun

I'm currently running a black Dawson adj rear and .100 FO front on a Glock 35. I had a .090 FO front on a glock 34, I sold in a moment of weakness. Loved the thinner sight, but can't find another one. I've started opening up the rear notch on the Dawson rear sight with a file. I think this will work out since I cant find a .090 FO front.

Paul

Got my slide back from Chris P this am am. Looks sweet! I will be testing it out tomorrow, Perhaps I am fooling myself but it looks like it will really improve my sight picture and acqusition time..... we will see.

Shaun

Very pleased with the new sights. I shot my best ever this past weekend, however it was only my third match, so that is not saying much. I love the new sights.

My Glock 34 came in today. Nice gun but the 3-dot sights have to go.

I'm leaning towards the Sevigny Competition sight rear with FO front.

If the gun shoots low, how would I adjust these sights to compensate? It appears that we can't dress down the front sight since it has a fiber optic tube. So what do we do?

Thanks.

Bill

You can get the Dawson FO fronts in various heights. If it shoots low, you would need a shorter front. Kind of a slow way of sighting in, though, that's why I have Dawson adjustable rear.

I was having a hard time really figureing out how my new sights are supposed to line up, sight picture I guess??? So I did some shooting from a bench las night and had a couple of other, more seasoned shooters shoot it also and it seems it groups a about 2-2.5 inches low at 30 ish feet. Not sure how to account for this and adjust? Fixed sights are fixed....so not sure what to do. I like the new sights as I feel I can acquire them more quickly, but at least for me thus far they ar eless accurate. Anyone have any thoughts for me? Should I try a new front sight?????

Shaun

Try a different load/bullet. If gun shoot low, filing front sight would help but unless you have the proper equipment that is best done by a gunsmith, otherwise you risk to have an uneven top.

I'm rather picky with sights, currently I'm using a regular heinie set, but I opened rear notch to .140 (from .122) and thanks to flexmoney advice, I filed front sights first to .115, then after deciding that I have trouble with plates at longer distance, I took the plunge and filed some more reaching .100.

I tried optic fiber front but it was distracting, so I borrowed another tip from flex and painted a VERY VERY small dot with white paint on top of FS.

This is my optimal setup for now.

• 2 weeks later...

A heavier bullet seems to have corrected the problem, not sure I understand why, but it has. 165's shoots low, 18o's right on! Well the sights are on, not sure I am, but thats another matter ;)

Shaun