Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Consistent .22 LR Bulk Ammo?

+whatever for the Federal Auto Match... When I go to walmart I usually just buy their entire stock because it takes so long to restock... I have a cache of a lot of the stuff... it feeds perfectly and is quite accurate in my

H&R M12

Ruger 10/22 #1 (it's the only ammo that runs 100% through my hotlips mags)

Ruger 10/22 #2

Ruger mkII (again, only ammo that runs 100%)

and savage 22lr bolt gun.

just buy it

• 4 weeks later...

I've had great success with both CCI standard velocity and CCI Blazer. I really don't think you can beat the Blazer loads for economical practice with above-average accuracy, and the priming is top-notch- misfires are practically non-existent (haven't had one yet in many, many thousands fired). As for other brands, the lube on Federal 22s seems heavy and they have never fed very reliably for me. Remington Golden Bullets feed and shoot well, but with bad primers every few hundred rounds. And watch out for the so-called Ely-primed loads made for Remington in Mexico- I tried a brick, and mucho misfires! At least one failure every 10 rounds!

I've had great luck with the Remington Golden Bullet HP bulk packs in my conversions. The rest of their stuff is junk. I once bought a bunch of Remington Target that was the most accurate ammo I've shot in one of my pistols-but at least 30% were misfires. I use Aguila SE standard velocity from CMP in my target pistols but it doesn't have enough juice to cycle my conversions. I like CCI Mini-Mags but its too expensive. I'll have to try the Blazer sometime.

I have been using Remington Golden Bullets for awhile with reasonable results for the price but recently picked up a new 22lr for my son and it will not run a full mag without a malfunction. A coworker turned me on to the Federal Auto Match and I haven't had a malfunction yet. To bad it's 2x the price.

Can anyone comment on the other Federal Bulk at Walmart in the Red/Maroon Box. I need to get some and try it unfortunately I have quit a pile of the the Remington to use up.

• 2 weeks later...

Bulk Pack:

Dynapoints

CCI Blazer

Fed. Auto Match

Winchester 333

Fed 550

Subs:

Aguila 40gr or 38gr Hp

Standard Velocity:

Dynapoints

Aguila 40gr Standard Vel

CCI Standard Vel

What runs good and accurately in one gun (even the exact same make and model) may not run good or accurately in the next gun. .22's are fickle that way.

I love the Auto Match. Works in all of my 22s and is very very accurate for bulk packed ammo.

+1 on the AutoMatch, I shot 2 boxes, 650 rounds one afternoon with not one failure to fire or feed in my 10/22 or conversion.

I have 2 10/22's and a S&W 22A that love the automatch, but 2 other pistols that hate it... So YMMV

130410.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

When we were shooting the Chevy Team Challenge 10 or so years ago, both my SW M41 and 10-22 liked Win Super X... the 10-22 with barrel tuner would hold a 10 shot group on an IPSC paster at 100yards. I have a super tight bolt face.... build a rim thickness gauge out of a piece of round stock and do your comparisons...variations in rim thickness and firing pin strike are the keys to consistent shot placement in a 10-22. All 3 of us tried to shoot Federal 711 when we could get it but the SuperX was more widely available so decided on it

regards

Les

MCFooter,

first of all: Cool Avatar !!!

Second: The Federal Maroon Box from Wallyworld is great.

The cheapest I've found so far and, at least in my S&W 617, the most accurate groups I've ever shot.

Hardly ever any misfires; I can't remember any, but I probably forgot the few.

Also run fine in my .22 Beretta, enough power to work the slide and such.

They do not have enough power for my Glock conversion kit, though.

Well, they don't need to because the manufacturer of the kit states clearly to use certain brands of ammo; I thought I'd throw it in nonetheless. The Glock conv. kit runs on Rem. Golden Bullets, if those things happen to go off.

The amount of misfires with Golden Bullets is killing me but that was not your question, I guess.

Long story short: The maroon box is great and at less than $14 for 550 rounds El Cheapo Magnifico.

Edited by Team Amish 1