Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wii

Jack Suber

I am not a big video game fan. My son is into them but I have tried to avoid buying them as I would rather him be outside, playing tennnis, fishing, hunting, shooting, riding etc. A few weeks ago, a therapist suggested that a Wii might be a good reinforcer for my daughter (who is autistic). So, my wife and I discussed and figured everyone could use it, it doesn't really encourage sitting on your butt, and more importantly, it could help the therapist with my daughter. So, I bought one last week.

Holy sh*t, this thing is cool! We have been having a ball with it. I think I might have hurt my shoulder Friday night playing tennis :blink: . Well, the Bestbuy flyer arrived with the paper this morning. Guitar Hero has caught my eye as well as Big Game Hunter and some flight simulator-type games. :rolleyes: Looks like I will be visiting Bestbuy this afternoon.

Even my wife likes it...which I never thought would happen. If only somene made an IPSC type game for it.......that would be the Bomb!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We got one for xmas and the kids love it. I don't mind it either. I got the game FARCRY for myself and it is not that great but I am going to try some others. My 10 year old kicks my ass at Guitar Hero and my 5 year old kicks everyones ass boxing.

My 10 year old kicks my ass at Guitar Hero and my 5 year old kicks everyones ass boxing.

My 7 year old is the Guitar Hero master in our house, and the 3 year old rocks in boxing as well. I don't know what it is about the little guys that makes them so effective at boxing. The wife and I always end up playing Super Mario Brothers and Super Mario Brothers 3. I find great humor in the fact that we end up sitting around evenings playing a video game from 20 years ago.

My 10 year old kicks my ass at Guitar Hero and my 5 year old kicks everyones ass boxing.

My 7 year old is the Guitar Hero master in our house, and the 3 year old rocks in boxing as well. I don't know what it is about the little guys that makes them so effective at boxing. The wife and I always end up playing Super Mario Brothers and Super Mario Brothers 3. I find great humor in the fact that we end up sitting around evenings playing a video game from 20 years ago.

I am going to pick up Guitar HEro tomorrow. I have got to have it.... :devil:

Pretty groovy eh, Jack? All disagreements between the wife and I are now settled with a bowl-off.

That, and I can't get over playing the OLD NES games that I grew up on.

Yep. We (my wife and I) were up late last night bowling and playing golf. I hate to admit it, but she has been kicking my butt bowling. Golf, however, is my ringer....

Its Best Buy at lunchtime tomorrow..... :rolleyes:

Has anyone tried the following for the Wii:

Big Game Hunter

Medal of Honor

Call to Duty

Blazing Angels

Ghost Squad

Battle for the Pacific

Madden NFL

Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated. I am going shopping at lunch..... :devil::devil::goof::devil:

Has anyone tried the following for the Wii:

Big Game Hunter

Medal of Honor

Call to Duty

Blazing Angels

Ghost Squad

Battle for the Pacific

Madden NFL

Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated. I am going shopping at lunch..... :devil::devil::goof::devil:

Jack,

My favorite

Call of Duty 4, we have it for the 360 also  :bow:

Matt's favorite list

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

The Wii is like legal crack

Banks

Jack,

Medal of Honor is fun, however the playability is somewhat low for most people. It has a fairly big learning curve to learn the movements, and perhaps bigger, the buttons of the Wii Remote are very ill-suited to a complicated first-person shooter like MOH. It uses every button on the remote, plus the directional keypad for character operations like switching guns, throwing grenades, etc. Since the buttons aren't close together at all, and your other hand is busy with the nunchuck, it makes it hard to real hard to do stuff, while keeping yourself level and not pointing towards the sky. Another bad thing is ammo isn't very common as it is in other MOH and COD games, it's not very much fun to run out of ammo and have to grenade somebody to get some... Although, throwing grenades is just about the coolest thing ever done, I suspect it's just about as close to the real thing as most of us will ever get.

It has been a hit around here since Xmas. they play it in spurts. Bigbore & Ledge have it down - the little ones excel.

My 7 year old thrashes everyone @ bowling. Something about that evens the playing field.

I've wanted the Big Game Hunter but just haven't done it yet. Perhaps for Father's Day

now that the xmas rush is over, figured i pick one up for the family...can't find them anywhere...

Yeah, that x-mas rush has lasted for two years now. You basically have three choices to get one. Just check anyplace that might have one anytime you happen to be there and hope you get lucky. Befriend the local UPS or DHL guy and find out when he makes deliveries, or stalk a particular store to find out the same, or pay someone trying to reem you with bunlde pricing and markups.

now that the xmas rush is over, figured i pick one up for the family...can't find them anywhere...

I bought ours on Ebay because no one here had it. I bought the Wii Sports (2008) NIB for $318 delivered from a guy in Tampa Fla. He had several in stock when I bought mine. It was on my doorstep 2 days later.

I bought Guiotar Hero 3 at lunch along with Blazing Angels and a Barbie Game for my daughter. Madden NFL and Big Game Hunter are next. It would be awesome if the made NCAA Football for the Wii. Might have to leave the office early today to go "do some outside research...." ;)

Yeah, that x-mas rush has lasted for two years now. You basically have three choices to get one. Just check anyplace that might have one anytime you happen to be there and hope you get lucky. Befriend the local UPS or DHL guy and find out when he makes deliveries, or stalk a particular store to find out the same, or pay someone trying to reem you with bunlde pricing and markups.

I lucked out last weekend and picked one up at Target. It's a Christmas gift for my son and since he was with me, I told him I was purchasing to flip on fleabay. I'm going to have all of my Christmas shopping done before the summer this year for the 1st time in many years.

I had KICKED my PS3 habit but now I am REAL close to getting one of these after reading the post.......please STOP with all the cool recommendations!! I want to hear how it sucks and does not work right 90% of the time!!!!!

Tried Call of Duty 3 this weekend I don't care for it. The shooting is OK but when you get to the drive the jeep I found it almost impossible to steer. I would just as soon use the arrows. From limited experience I do not think that games made for other units work that well on the wii. The next shooter will be probably Metroid which was desingned for the wii.

I got my kids a wii for Christmas.

At the advice of the GAMESTOP employee chick, I also got 2 GAMECUBE controllers and memory.

We've rented and bought some GAMECUBE games, they REALLY like LEGO STARWARS.

The cool thing about the wii being backwards compatible, is the GAMECUBE games can be had for $12-$20 used.