Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BLACK BLLETS?

Dan Hefta

They are a very good product, and safe for a stock GLOCK barrel. However you can shoot regular lead from your stock barrel as long as you clean it very well when you are finished so you don’t get a lead build up in your barrel. I have shot lead in my stock barrels for many years. I used regular lead bullets for practice and playing around and the black bullet from Precision Bullets for matches. I use a 50/50 mix of vinegar and hydro. proxi. in a old Gatorade bottle. When I break down the pistol for cleaning, I just drop the barrel in the bottle and let it sit submerged, while I clean the rest of the parts. After everything has been cleaned, I pull the barrel out and run a snake through it and then a clean wipe and it is clean as a whistle. This even worked on an older barrel that had a small amount of lead built up in it, before I knew about the mixture. This is what has worked for me.

ANY OF YOU GLOCK SHOOTERS EVER TRY BLACK BULLETS FROM PRECISION BULLET? THEY ARE INEXSPENSIVE AND I HAVE HEARD THAT THEY ARE A GOOD PRODUCT, HOWEVER I LOVE MY GUN AND DON'T WANT TO DAMAGE THE BARREL. ANY ADVICE?

Dan,

There is no problem running Precision or Masterblaster bullets thru your glock. I have run...well let's just say a bunch through several glocks and never had a problem. Pull a bore snake through it occasionally just to say you did.

and, if you don't mind, unlock your caps button. :)

by the way, welcome to the forums.

dj

I have used them in .45 acp in the past and liked them. I just ordered 2500 in .40. I also have to say that when I have contacted them, they have gotten back to me and answered my questions pretty quickly. Great bullet for the money.

The white vinegar/hydrogen peroxide mixture seems to work real well. I usually stick an ear plug in the chamber and fill it up. I let it stand for maybe 10 minutes or so then brush out the barrel in a sink with warm water.

I use a 50/50 mix of vinegar and hydro. proxi. in a old Gatorade bottle.

Vinegar and WHAT? Please explain. :mellow:

Interested in this too. never heard of it to clean lead out of a barrel. What % hydro perox are you using in the mixture?

BTW, I have shot master blasters out of my STI and Precisions out of my 9mm. I have had some issues with leading with the 9mm in both the glock barrel and a lone wolf barrel. I think you have to push the bullet with enough pressure to stop gasses from escaping around the bullet while it enters the rifling. (read this in another BE thread and it makes sense) My STI is a 40 cal and have had absolutely no leading. I think it stops the smoking more too.

So, the 9mm minor rounds can be problematical if you are pushing them through the barrel at very low pressures. Solo 1000 was the best powder I tested with black bullets in the 9mm minor area.

+1 on Precision

I ordered some last week, they did not have what I ordered and so I called Dave and changed

my order to a different weight. I had them in three days with no shipping charge (69lbs of bullets!!)

As researched here, I loaded them up with WST for low smoke and shot my forst match with them

today (STI40). Also made some for my buddy how shot an XD40 and an MP40, everything ran smooth.

Even made some test loads with my beloved Tightgroup, defenitetly smoke more but not that bad. Not

what you would expect from TG with lead.

Very pleased! Ordering more!!

50/50 mix.

hydrogen peroxide can be bought in different %'s of dilution. I read the mixture ratios, but I wanted to know what dilution percentage individuals were using.

I did not know that about hydro peroxide. I knew rubbing alcohol came in two differnt formulations, but I thought all peroxide was the same.

Thanks for all the info, I ordered 250 precision bullets to try them out. I was worried about using them in my G34, so I just ordered 4000 Montana Gold bullets. Now that I have some feedback from fellow shooters I will use them in the future. Sorry about the caps lock earlier ( I suck at typing).