Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dot Rise

ExtremeShot

I'm also new to Open shooting. My scope doesn't have those lines in it.............. :surprise:

BOZ.....I got you covered, next time I see you give me 2 min. with your gun in the safe area and YOU WILL HAVE LINES!!!

Randal

PS....NO CHARGE FOR THE CUSTOM C-MORE LINES

I'm also new to Open shooting. My scope doesn't have those lines in it.............. :surprise:

BOZ.....I got you covered, next time I see you give me 2 min. with your gun in the safe area and YOU WILL HAVE LINES!!!

Randal

PS....NO CHARGE FOR THE CUSTOM C-MORE LINES

Thanks RW, I figured it was one of master/gm kinda things! :cheers:

When I am shooting I don't see the rise, just the wiggle as I move the gun around. I am looking at the target not the dot.

When I was testing loads for power factor with the chrono I found that at about 1410 fps there was no dot movement, it would just sit solid.

This will vary by gun, grip, loads and such, as we were just talking about yesterday with a couple shooters and one that was getting lots of jump on a gun with popples and comp versus my gun with just a comp.

The same can be said with noise blast and flash with the same load from one gun to the next.

As long as it times the same each shot who cares, just go with it. It should be up and back down fast enough for the next shot.

I don't recall the classifier name but it has three targets at very close range with 5 shots each, I run it without even looking at the dot and get a pretty tight group just by timing of the gun with point and shoot method. I can run into problems trying to pull the trigger to fast though.

I really do not care how much the dot moves, What I want is for it to go ware I am looking. the gun is back on target and my eyes can see the shot ready -Way before- I can pull the trigger. = I'm fixing that

Any way to I know it does not move any more than your dot does.

What will help you is to readjust your attention=

I teach Sporting Clays and that game is all about what you see. = moving targets constantly changing direction. The shooter has to see the -Target- and be aware of the barrel. just like shooting an open handgun

the question of how much does the dot move is just like "How much Lead did you see" on a sporting target.

I really am not aware of the dot moving much at all I busy my self with looking past the gun to the target.

On tight shots or father out I increase my awareness of the dot.

I can watch lost of shooter and tell when they are looking AT The Dot, shooting like it is an Iron sight gun. I end up scoring better than faster shooters with more talent , just because I know ware to look.

The answer to the question of "How much Lead do I see on a sporting target"? = I see Enough. How aware of the dot do I want to be? = "Enough"

Edited by AlamoShooter

I hear what you guys are saying, however, I'm interested in knowing what kind of dot rise is reasonable. For example, if grip/technique/etc. was good (lets say the shooter is a Master class shooter), and his dot rise was up around 4 or even off the screen, I bet you guys would be saying that that was too much and to try a different powder, or bullet, or spring or whatever. ...I'm just trying to figure out what kind of rise one should expect out of a Open gun. There has to be a number that is too much otherwise having the compensator is pointless.

Just my 2C

Master-Yep

Someone who learned the hard and expensive way that pursuing the perfect flat gun was a huge waste of time-Yep

My dot rise is in the 4 range at 168PF but it is straight up and down without to much blast or hand slap.

I found loads that worked the comp well enough to have a 1 but it was like shooting a loud tuning fork and hard to call your shots or have the dot not do circles.

As long as you don't loose the dot and it goes straight up and returns to point of aim smoothly I don't think it matters as much as you think if its a 1 or 6.

Try putting a 9Lb spring in, shooting ten thousand rounds of a smooth 125 grain load, then tuning.

You Florida guys are crazy :P

Yep- but I seem to remember you coming down and whipping some of us.