Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the Saiga 12 the new choice for 3 gun open division?

PistolPete

1: Where did the clear mag in Greg Q's avatar come from?

2: What mags work with the MC magwell?

The clear AGP's were a very limited run. I prefer them to the black. AGP will no longer make them due to the wear on the injection molds.

Greg

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take your clear one apart then take a solid black one apart and attach a clear to a black half that will give you two that you can see through.

Is the Saiga 12 the new choice for 3 gun open division, YES it is I bet 20 percent of the shooters at the match I shot today had Saiga 12s or were getting them. Today the S-12 shooters in my squad had zero problems and the Benelli guys had nothing but trouble. That cramped prone stage did not do them any good.

OK, I was a skeptic. I think I even posted in this thread earlier that I wouldn't get one.

Well.....I picked up a converted S12 this week, just because I still can. I took it to the range today for evaluation and function fire. The result is; I am way more impressed than I ever thought I would be. It fired everything I put thru it. It loved 1oz loads and so did my shoulder.

I have very little experience in 3gun other than our local matches. I shoot open but don't use a tube. IMHO, I don't see any reason this wouldn't be the new choice for 3gun open.

We had an array of targets and steel set up today just for practice and I have never shot a shotgun faster and more accurately than today. The gun is so lightweight and with a 19" barrel, easy to swing. Transitions were only a matter of allowing the recoil of the muzzle to come back down on the next target and firing.

Didn't try any speedy mag changes. It will take some practice to get good at it, just like the tube guys and the pump guys.

In case you can't tell, I like my new Saiga B)

Edited by DonT

Went to a match where 9 out of 32 shooters used Saiga 12 shotguns, it used to be just a hand full of us used Saigas. Several other shooters are waiting for their S-12 to be modifed. It's not a streach to believe in the future we will have half of our shooters in Saiga shotguns.

Went to a match where 9 out of 32 shooters used Saiga 12 shotguns, it used to be just a hand full of us used Saigas. Several other shooters are waiting for their S-12 to be modifed. It's not a streach to believe in the future we will have half of our shooters in Saiga shotguns.

Got my 2nd Saiga 12 on the way. I love these guns! Now let the mods begin... :D

Taisto...YOU ARE MY NEW HERO!!!! That is one BAD A$$ GAGE!!! I guess I will be seeing that in september at the E.S.C.??

Hi Kurt. Unfortunately that gun is not mine but these are and yes we will see at ESC09 CZ if you are coming to shoot that match.

My wife corrected me right away and said: by the way that Molot is my shotgun you have Saiga and Benelli. :)

Saiga0402.jpg

We are going to shooting range tomorrow to test that new aluminium 20rd drum (made in CZ)

Taisto,

Do you want two extended mag releases for your Saigas? I can send them to Kurt and I am sure he won't mind bringing them over if you buy him a couple of rounds.

Here is a picture of one with the other parts I make. This is a drop in part, just use your old spring and pin.

Let me know.

Regards,

Jack

post-951-1234045658_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jack T

Jack, excuse me for butting in. I would like to buy (2) of those mag releases if you have anymore.

Do I call Derek? Theres nothing on the website about saigas. What other goodies do you make? Thanks.

Jack, excuse me for butting in. I would like to buy (2) of those mag releases if you have anymore.

Do I call Derek? Theres nothing on the website about saigas. What other goodies do you make? Thanks.

Don,

I sent you a PM. I have contacted Brian E. to be recognized as a Business Member so I don't get bumped when I push my products. I do the Saigas and parts seperately from Derek, but I use the MCG logo (at this time).

Regards,

Jack Travers

Taisto,

Do you want two extended mag releases for your Saigas? I can send them to Kurt and I am sure he won't mind bringing them over if you buy him a couple of rounds.

Here is a picture of one with the other parts I make. This is a drop in part, just use your old spring and pin.

Let me know.

Regards,

Jack

Hi Jack. That would be great. I will happily buy couple rounds for Kurt. :)

Regards

Taisto

Jack,

Darn it im broke but now i think i want you to build me a saiga :roflol:

August

Augie,

I'll give you a call when I get my head above water. I am trying to finalize all the prototype parts and get them out.

Jack

I just installed my magwell from Jack and Derek the other day and it is just what I've been waiting for for the Saiga. I've been a fan of the Saiga for a while, I played with mine a bunch, got out to range and practice reloads over and over again, and it just wasn't consistently fast enough to beat the my Tec loading buddy (or myself with Tec loader for that matter). It was good, just not great. The mag well was the ticket. Reloading is so much faster and more consistent. It is nice to have the reloading simple, so you can worry about the actual shooting.

The installation and mag modifications were a breeze. The instructions are simple. Finding a 5-40 tap was the toughest part.

If you want to bring out the full potential of your Saiga, you've got to order one of these.

One question how do you modify your mags to work in the mag well?

Grind the front "bump" down until it seats right. They actually still seat and stay in fine in a non-magwell gun (at least the one I tried) after they are modded.

Here is Aldo's (Al Zita, ZM Weapons) Open Division Saiga 12 in the white. Will take it out tomorrow and put 100 shells thru it and make sure it is tuned and runs like a sewing machine before I finalize it and send it out for Mil Spec Parkerizing.

Aldo is left handed so the safety is on the left side and the right side of the receiver is now slick. The gun balances out pretty good with the muzzle brake he wanted. It is cut back to 18" and silver soldered on.

Here is the Slick Side. Next post will be the left side (Safety)

Jack

post-951-1234141232_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jack T

At the 3 gun match I go to pretty regular 9 out of 32 shooters were using the Saiga 12, with more and more shooters going Saiga I need to do something to leap frog my competition. A mag well would be the logical choice.

We Saiga competitors are going to have to make a choice Drums or Magazine wells. Guess it depends on under what rules the shooter is going to shoot.

I for one am looking high and low for a magazine well.

At the 3 gun match I go to pretty regular 9 out of 32 shooters were using the Saiga 12, with more and more shooters going Saiga I need to do something to leap frog my competition. A mag well would be the logical choice.

We Saiga competitors are going to have to make a choice Drums or Magazine wells. Guess it depends on under what rules the shooter is going to shoot.

I for one am looking high and low for a magazine well.

Try Robert Wright at R&R Targets he's also building Saiga's and selling parts.

R&R Saiga'shttp://randrracingonline.com/public_html/SEGASHOTGUNPAGE.htm

Edited by CraigS.

Here is the left side of the receiver with the safety.

Jack

Jack

Is that safety drop in part or does it need some work to do when installed to Saiga?

Taisto,

You would need to machine a .187 wide slot, .650 in length in the receiver and then machine two ball detent visual indicators and two ball detent stops/locks.

Not hard at all if you have access to a mill or a drill press with a compound slide.

Jack

Edited by Jack T