Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

There Will Be Blood

Sestock

Paul was a twin. Remember how Paul was given the money at the begining of the film for telling Plainview about the oil on the Sunday ranch? And how Eli reacted when Plainview told him about this at the end of the film? And how Plainview taunted Eli, saying that Eli was inferior to Paul, how Paul was now a successful oilman and here was Eli begging for money.

I wasn't sure if he was taunting him or trying to get him to admit that he was Paul. If you remember the reaction when he first met Eli at the ranch, he took a big double take. I got the impression that he thought that Paul and Eli were one in the same.

Edited by Sestock

The personality was of the two boys was very different...Eli was cautious and introvert, Paul was extrovert and bold.

<_< ?Ever find yourself acting or feeling like Daniel Plainview ? When he tells his ? >?< brother about how he feels in side. The Guy is such a good actor. :bow: The story he told with his face in the first part of the move when the beam falls on them while they are scooping up buckets of oil. -His look was one of-..."Glad that was not ME"

It told the story of being so Filled-up... that he had no room for happiness

Take care of the people you compete with... No mater how good you do ...With out them...you will be left empty

I heard the movie is based upon a book by Upton Sinclair.

The book might have the answers to everyones questions.

Sinclair's most famous book gave us the USDA Food Safety Inspection Service.

(Which is a very good thing, if you know anything about protien manufacturing for human consumption.)

But he was also a muck raker and was lefttarded. (MY Opinion)

I am interested in hearing more about this movie before I see it.

Thanks!

FM

The personality was of the two boys was very different...Eli was cautious and introvert, Paul was extrovert and bold.

Agreed.

Ever find yourself acting or feeling like how he feels inside...

That was one of the most awesomely acted scenes ever.

The only thing I didn't like about the movie was the lack of interesting or compelling characters other than Daniel. Eli was good, but other than him and Daniel, that's about it.

be

Agreed.

Ever find yourself acting or feeling like how he feels inside...

That was one of the most awesomely acted scenes ever.

The only thing I didn't like about the movie was the lack of interesting or compelling characters other than Daniel. Eli was good, but other than him and Daniel, that's about it.

be

Yes I didn't notice that <_< ! != It like the story is told from his point of view only= so <_< No one was interesting. Like his "Son" he was in the story until he could not identify with the boy any more, after that -he was no-one-

<_< So you say "That was one of the most awesomely acted scenes ever" BUT have you felt that Ugly Beast? The one that wells up inside you and make you feel ..."Unevolved" I have felt that Ugly Beast that lives inside.

Yes I didn't notice that <_< ! != It like the story is told from his point of view only= so <_< No one was interesting. Like his "Son" he was in the story until he could not identify with the boy any more, after that -he was no-one-

Yea - that does make sense.

<_< So you say "That was one of the most awesomely acted scenes ever" BUT have you felt that Ugly Beast?

Not really. ;) That I can remember anyway. But I am getting up there so there's a lot I don't remember. Which can be a good thing.

be

• 2 weeks later...
I heard the movie is based upon a book by Upton Sinclair.

The book might have the answers to everyones questions.

The book was "Oil". You're not going to get much movie insight from it though. Oil Wikipedia page

No I don't see anything "insightful" about the movie. For me it was just a real good study of human evolution. -The- Only So Much to Go around, part of evolution. The feeling displayed of, your with me or against me that is next to never required. = its both

Edited by AlamoShooter

• 1 month later...

Film score 2 stars...

Daniel Day Lewis' performance in the said film...4 stars

Oh. Twins. One he liked or admired and one he HATED since he found nothing there to admire.

Jim M

• 1 year later...
Film score 2 stars...

Recently watched it.

That would be my rating on it too.

It seemed like it was a long (2:38), slow road that was going somewhere...but never really did.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Film score 2 stars...

Recently watched it.

That would be my rating on it too.

It seemed like it was a long (2:38), slow road that was going somewhere...but never really did.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Wholeheartedly agree.