Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are you in FACEBOOK?

Held out for a year before making the jump from myspace and now glad that I did. You can make it as much or as little as you want. 90% of my "FB friends" are IPSC, USPSA, or 3G shooters. Today, I have a personal page and also a couple of group pages - one for family to share photos and one for TechwearUSA. The TW-FB page gives the viewer a place to go to see pictures of themselves, friends, or other shooters who wear custom TW made shirts. There are also videos on the site as well.

I thought I just read that Facebook made a user take down all the info he posted about a firearms business of his posted on their site.

Nope. Check out my photos.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000005290667&v=photos&viewas=1327236595#!/profile.php?id=1327236595&v=photos

I love Facebook. It's allowed me to reconnect with several friends I hadn't seen in 15-20 years. Also I've met several people on Facebook who fall into the category of truly awesome human beings whom I would have otherwise never had known - and my life would be the poorer for it.

It took me a while but I've been on about a year. I enjoy it for keeping up with other shooters and friends.

Got reconnected with other Marines I served with 30 yrs ago. That was worth it.

I keep my family separate and reluctantly add them as 'friends'. I flat out told my wife, No and if she wants to talk to me she can yell down the hall. She got over it. :)

I am... but under a made up name. I have 80 some odd "friends", only one that I actually know. :unsure:

A friend talked me into joining a year or two back to play some game that we've both long since given up on.

I'm still torn on the idea of creating a real account. The downsides seem to outweigh the upside.

Part time recluse. Active misanthrope. Future hermit.

Edited by cas

OK so after being on FB for about 4 days. I have...

• Made my girl friend..."not jealous, I'm not" <_<
  • found many great old friends
  • found many great new friends
  • found many old people claiming to be from the class of '85
  • found that many people really share their lives and families freely
  • found many others...well, you can "unfriend"
  • found a network that is soon to fall prey to my stealthy social networking skills to buy my work :D ...yeah I signed up for a pro/fan page too :ph34r:

Join at your own risk. :cheers:

Overall I'm still with CAS...

Part time recluse. Active misanthrope. Future hermit.

Edited by hk_mtbr

• 2 months later...

It took me a while but I've been on about a year. I enjoy it for keeping up with other shooters and friends.

Got reconnected with other Marines I served with 30 yrs ago. That was worth it.

I keep my family separate and reluctantly add them as 'friends'. I flat out told my wife, No and if she wants to talk to me she can yell down the hall. She got over it. :)

+1 - When I got out of the service I lost touch with a lot of great folks. When the wife wanted me to get on facebook I made fun of her... Until I started getting in touch with guys I served with. It's turned out to be a boon. But I make sure that I keep up with my privacy settings and never post anything about work.

Facebook is great. Like anything else it has it's issues, but in general the best place on the web for posting pictures, videos, etc. No restrictions on anything except no obscenity in pictures or videos and the usual things like threats,etc. Best place for posting videos and restricting them to a target audience. Like other IPSC shooters. Most IPSC clubs and a lot of IDPA and USPSA have Facebook profiles now.