Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Texas State Limited Championship

Stage 12 (Short. Sweet Ride) is a bit confusing.

The stage scoring states: Comstock, 22 rounds, 110 points.

The stage procedure says:

String One: On Signal, Engage Target T1 with 6

rounds Only Freestyle

String Two: On Signal, Engage Target T2 with 6

rounds Only Strong Hand Only

String Three: On Signal, Engage Target T3 with

6 rounds Only Weak Hand Only

That would be Virginia count, 18 rounds, 90 points. This is probably right, I think?

David C

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTT. This is coming up fast.

Has anyone shot this range before? Are the bays close together or will there be a shuttle running between stages? :roflol:

Lotsa water provided on the stages?

Chris

The bays are side by side but in a long line from one end (bay 1) to the other end (bay 12). They usually have water on several if not all the bays. Be sure you drink it! Starting on 12 is kind of a bummer as you then have to walk the whole way down to the other end in the middle of your shooting day.

It has always been a fun match with good stages & r.o.s & the range is pretty nice. I've been shooting this match for @5 years now. I would hate to miss this one.

MLM

Does anyone have any info on the match schedule? Are we shooting all day saturday and awards on sunday.

Hey Theo,

My understanding is that the RO's (maybe a few others) will shoot all 12 stages on Friday.

The last two years the schedule was to shoot 8-9 stages on Saturday, and the remainder on Sunday.

Awards started at about 1pm on Sunday...I think we left the range between 3-4pm.

I expect this year to be very similar.

Edited by joseywales

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who has shot this range before, can you tell me what the terrain is like and whether the bays are close together or far apart? I'm trying to determine if it is worthwhile to bring my big cart to carry a cooler and bags for this match.

Thanks,

Chris

Anyone who has shot this range before, can you tell me what the terrain is like and whether the bays are close together or far apart? I'm trying to determine if it is worthwhile to bring my big cart to carry a cooler and bags for this match.

Thanks,

Chris

Rocky terrain (limestone/dolomite - small rocks), but if you have big tires on your cart, you'll be fine. 100 yards or so from the grassy parking area to the range, bays are pretty close together, but there are a number of them, including some bays that may not be used for this match. I'd bring a cart if I had one. A chair and an umbrella (for either sun or rain!) are good ideas. Great facility, water, restrooms, concessions, etc.

jr

Any ideas what a week of rain is going to do for the range conditions this weekend?

Jack

Well, if it stops raining, we'll be fine. Otherwise the range owners will get a whole bunch of hay and spread it about the range. About an hour later, it will look like we all hit the same sale at Walmart for fuzzy slippers. :roflol:

Any ideas what a week of rain is going to do for the range conditions this weekend?

Jack

Well, if it stops raining, we'll be fine. Otherwise the range owners will get a whole bunch of hay and spread it about the range. About an hour later, it will look like we all hit the same sale at Walmart for fuzzy slippers. :roflol:

That was a good one Carina. I started laughing in my office and several people poked their heads in to see what I was laughing at. :cheers:

Jack

This is my first time to shoot the Texas State Limited. Are we needed at the range on Friday for anything? What time should a person show up on Saturday? Any help in this matter would be appreciated. This is my first major match. I started shooting in January of this year and this is all new to me.

This is my first time to shoot the Texas State Limited. Are we needed at the range on Friday for anything? What time should a person show up on Saturday? Any help in this matter would be appreciated. This is my first major match. I started shooting in January of this year and this is all new to me.

You might want to register on Friday afternoon if possible, and check out your first few stages.

Shooting starts Saturday at 8:00 I think.

Some of you veterans may be familiar with the now-famous tailgate dinner at the Ridge Motel on Saturday night. Without raining on the parade, I'd like all to know that this isn't a free party. It's not a sponsored event - the food and drink there are coming out of people's pockets. If you plan to drink and/or eat, it's BYOB and/or BYO meat. Last year got a little out of hand with folks just showing up, consuming the goodies, and saying good night.

We're all about sharing with our friends, but it's not a bottomless pit. Dave will be smoking as much meat as his teammates can consume, beyond that is dependent on what others are willing to contribute. There will be a couple of grills available for use, and there should be room in the ice chests (moreso as the night goes on ;) ). We're more than happy to have anyone come over and consort with our rabble, so come on by and enjoy our silliness. :cheers:

Thus endeth the public service announcement.

jr

The only directions i have for the range are

6 miles east on FM576 from 183

Will that get me there?

Thanks

FY42385

From Google Earth, entry is at W32 39.518 N98 48.002, if that helps you.Your directions will get you close. Range will be on the left.

Edited by NMCOpen

The first berm (of the long row) is ten feet from the fence, on the left side. Really hard to miss it, as it looks like...a shooting range instead of a cow pasture.

Although it doubles as a cow pasture (watch where those magazines fall) :roflol:

Liota and I made it to the Ridge a few hours ago :)

Alex

The only directions i have for the range are

6 miles east on FM576 from 183

Will that get me there?

Thanks

FY42385

Yup, that's about it....Here is the map from the range's web page.

Here's what google thinks....However, the range isn't in Necessity...it's a bit further where the road does a little jog south.