Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New club in New Mexico

Pecos Valley Action Shooters (NM01) is up and running in Roswell, New Mexico.

Matches are every third Sunday at 0900.

4 stages.

Match is at the Roswell Gun Club.

Come check it out.

FY42385

Very cool! I'll have to try and get down there. How's the foot/ankle?

4 stages.

Come check it out.

FY42385

Very cool! I'll have to try and get down there. How's the foot/ankle?

Sounds like a road trip is in order :cheers:

4 stages.

Come check it out.

FY42385

:rolleyes: We have been and are currently running 5 stages (COF's) per match and may increase that to 6 come this spring. Our listing should be appearing on the USPSA web site club finder around the 10th of February and we are working on a web site to link off of USPSA and the Roswell Gun Club web sites. Hope to have this up and running soon.

Hope to see lots of new shooters this year from all around the area. We also hope to make many matches of other clubs around the state this year.

Should have a web site up soon with contact info and directions and info about the range.

Bob

Ankle is good to go. I still move slow, and I'm still awkward, I still smell bad, but the ankle is undamaged

Matt not directing at all; designing a stage here and there....just trying to get some love for the club that's 15 mintues from my house.

I'll be there

:blink: I certainly hope so. We didn't appoint you as MD for nuttin. Someones gotta take the fall. Does your back hurt tonight after dealing with all those MANUEL LABOR TOOLS (ie post hole diggers)??? Better get your mind right. More fun to come next weekend. :lol:

Ankle is good to go. I still move slow, and I'm still awkward, I still smell bad, but the ankle is undamaged

Matt not directing at all; designing a stage here and there....just trying to get some love for the club that's 15 mintues from my house.

I was going to mention something about that. But you were shooting and moving so fast I decided to just move upwind. :D

Ya got that right, Damon!! Time to head south. Easy 3 hours from Albuquerque.

Taterhead,

I mentioned the same thing to GMan earlier. We should do some carpooling and head down. About two hours from here.

You guys might be good shooters, but you're NOT very good at NOT hurting people's feelings.

And Robert for a man who plays with feet all day....I don't know that you should even be weighing in on bad smells.

Besides, my farts smell like strawberry shortcake.

FY42385

Besides, my farts smell like strawberry shortcake.

:P And I thought that you had just come up with a new way of going prone at our last match. I wish I had audio to go with that picture.

By the way, can I use that pic on our web site. I'll put it right next to the one with L J's tounge sticking out while he's shooting :lol:

Ya got that right, Damon!! Time to head south. Easy 3 hours from Albuquerque.

Taterhead,

I mentioned the same thing to GMan earlier. We should do some carpooling and head down. About two hours from here.

I'm riding with you...2 hours not so bad. Takes me 1.5 hours to go shoot in Albuquerque. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes: Is the weatherman always wrong??? We got a light rain for about 1hr and no snow from this monster storm they have been talking about for days. The sun is out and it's supposed to be 60 degrees tommorow. We set up at 8:00am and match starts about 9:00 am. Probably more like 9:15.

Range is NE of Roswell on US-70, Portales-Clovis highway. It is 3.2 miles east from the overpass on the south side of the highway, just past the DOT weigh station pull off. White sign says Roswell Gun Club at the white and yellow gate. IPSC-USPSA range is all the way to the back.

Travel safe.

Bob

:rolleyes: Our first match today, after reaffilliating was a great success for this small club. We would like to sincerely thank all the shooters that made the long drive from Albuquerque, Mountainaire, Edgewood, and Carlsbad. The show of support from you folks warmed our hearts. Trust everyone got home safe and sound. Hope all enjoyed the stages and had a good time. We would liked to have been able to shoot with the other squad and get to know everyone else. Maybee next time. Will see you soon at the Albuquerque match. :rolleyes:

Bob

I had a great time, and I think everyone on our squad did, including Jerry! For a startup on a new club, it went just great. Interesting stages, good weather, met some new shooters, didn't embarass myself too badly. We'll be back from time to time!

Thx!!!!