1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can get 100, safely, at the house. If I want to shoot further than that (200) I have to go to Jerry's. If I feel the need for real speed, Shippensburg is an hour and a half and it's 900 yards.

I'm going to get range envy! A 1000 yard range.

Must get 1000 yard range.

I told my wife I wanted to buy 13 linear acres of property to build a house on. That gives me an acre of lawn to mow with parking for the buddies and an acre wide strip 1000 yards long to shoot on. She said no problem and took me to her 67 acre "farm" I never knew she owned. (we are recently married) I got all excited until I got the plat and it was 8 acres by 8 acres with an East 1.5 acre tit in the middle and a West 1.5 acre tit. I think I can learn to live with the 600 yards, it's good enough for load development, but sucks for wind reading lessons. Must have AT LEAST 1000 yards to appreciate the wind!

I must admit I am spoiled...11 steps from living room to shooting range

2 steps from work area to testing area.

But wife gets ticked If I dont close the door before firing :blink:

Jim

That's why she needs her own gun! :D

It's nice to have a range in the yard!

Scout

NO one likes a bragger :angry2:

:cheers:

Have to run up the flag on that one, Z. What other type of behavior are we to expect from an Elitist Snob? :cheers:

Good point!!!

Z, what's this I here of you not wanting to play with Jim at the PRO-AM with yalls SS's :yawn: He said since you didn't want to play anymore he was comming back over to the dark side so he could have some competition, I mean FUN!!! :ph34r:

Answer in the appropriate Thread

Rnd 1...Jay and Jim shoot SS

Rnd 2...Jay and Jim shoot LTD10

Rnd 3 ...Jay and jim shoot OPEN!!!

Rnd 4 ...Jay and jim shoot MULTI GUN

That would be a well rounded competition :cheers:

Jim

I can promise you that I will NOT shoot Open. NOT gonna happen :wacko:

Someday, I might venture into some Multi-Gun, but no time soon.

And.....

I am NOT shooting LTD10!!!!

I am shooting a match, the USSA Pro-Am that is a steel match that only allows magazines to be loaded with 10 rounds, but it is NOT an LTD10 match. IF I am not shooting SS, I will shoot Limited, but Dirtypool has brainwashed :wacko: me about somethings :devil:

Congrads. Chris

Your promotion should have been based on all the Iowa open shooters you have been smoking with your Single Stack.

1 Geiger, Stephen TY48155 A Open Major N N N N 198.4614 100.00%

2 Boysen, Keith REENTRY M Open Major N N N N 197.5320 99.53%

3 Geiger, Stephen REENTRY A Open Major N N N N 193.3164 97.41%

4 Heaverlo, Gary REENTRY B Open Major N N N N 163.8968 82.58%

5 Martin, Chris A55800 B Single Stack Major N N N N 160.0372 80.64%

6 Stock, M.L. REENTRY B Open Major N N N N 138.7409 69.91%

7 Heaverlo, Gary TY48014 B Open Major N N N N 138.3108 69.69%

8 Stock, M.L. L1490 B Open Major N N N N 136.1598 68.61%

Remember---a REENTRY doesn't really count!! God it feels good to beat some open shooters with a single stack .45!!

Edited by CSEMARTIN

Congrads. Chris

Your promotion should have been based on all the Iowa open shooters you have been smoking with your Single Stack.

1 Geiger, Stephen TY48155 A Open Major N N N N 198.4614 100.00%

2 Boysen, Keith REENTRY M Open Major N N N N 197.5320 99.53%

3 Geiger, Stephen REENTRY A Open Major N N N N 193.3164 97.41%

4 Heaverlo, Gary REENTRY B Open Major N N N N 163.8968 82.58%

5 Martin, Chris A55800 B Single Stack Major N N N N 160.0372 80.64%

6 Stock, M.L. REENTRY B Open Major N N N N 138.7409 69.91%

7 Heaverlo, Gary TY48014 B Open Major N N N N 138.3108 69.69%

8 Stock, M.L. L1490 B Open Major N N N N 136.1598 68.61%

Remember---a REENTRY doesn't really count!! God it feels good to beat some open shooters with a single stack .45!!

Awesome. :cheers:

Wait a second... that was at Milan a couple weeks ago.... I can't place your face Chris... :blink:

Edited by Vagus

REENTRY is when a shooter shoots a secondary weapon in a match. For example, in a special classifier, you can classify in 2 categories in the same event. Your main weapon is your primary entry, the secondary weapon is a reentry.

Sorry, not Chris, just trying to help out. :cheers:

I can't place your face Chris...

Ryan, I've only been down there a couple of times. I really like the range and guys at Milan. I'm sure we'll cross paths one of these days.

Nice to see us Single Stackers are doling out some pain :cheers:

I'm sure that stung a little when the results were posted!! I don't like to lose, but with equal equipment, if I lose to someone that just had a phenomenal day, I can sort of handle it. But if I were shooting OPEN class, and some guy showed up with 8 round mags and his IDPA gear........OUCH man!!!

I'm sure that stung a little when the results were posted!! I don't like to lose, but with equal equipment, if I lose to someone that just had a phenomenal day, I can sort of handle it. But if I were shooting OPEN class, and some guy showed up with 8 round mags and his IDPA gear........OUCH man!!!

That is because we ARE elite. Who couldn't run X stage X time with a open gun and dot, and comp, and 67 round mag; but to be bested buy a guy with a 8 round mag and irons.....well somebody needs to practice before they can race.....gun. :devil:

I can't place your face Chris...

Ryan, I've only been down there a couple of times. I really like the range and guys at Milan. I'm sure we'll cross paths one of these days.

Once this weather picks up we can have some real matches.. Make it worth your drive.

That indoor range kills me, i can't stand the air, I think it literally IS killing me. I have a bit of a hang up shooting inside, and managed break a recoil spring that day... Some sort of indoor jinx or something. We had to cancel this weeks shoot too... sigh. Looks like I will have to drive if I want to sneak in a match before SSN...

REENTRY is when a shooter shoots a secondary weapon in a match. For example, in a special classifier, you can classify in 2 categories in the same event. Your main weapon is your primary entry, the secondary weapon is a reentry.

Sorry, not Chris, just trying to help out. :cheers:

Thanks. I've never seen that at a local USPSA match. At the IDPA matches we use "2nd Gun".

Rnd 1...Jay and Jim shoot SS

Rnd 2...Jay and Jim shoot LTD10

Rnd 3 ...Jay and jim shoot OPEN!!!

Rnd 4 ...Jay and jim shoot MULTI GUN

That would be a well rounded competition :cheers:

Jim

I can promise you that I will NOT shoot Open. NOT gonna happen :wacko:

Someday, I might venture into some Multi-Gun, but no time soon.

And.....

I am NOT shooting LTD10!!!!

I am shooting a match, the USSA Pro-Am that is a steel match that only allows magazines to be loaded with 10 rounds, but it is NOT an LTD10 match. IF I am not shooting SS, I will shoot Limited, but Dirtypool has brainwashed :wacko: me about somethings :devil:

YA big SISSY :P

Jim

Jim

Sissy huh....? Now you've gone and done it.... Now we are pretty open and tolerant of alternate lifestyles around the SS Elitist Snobs...We have no problem with you "coming out of the closet" and admitting your predilection to the Foo Foo toy..... :o What we are not tolerant of and just plain will not tolerate is any attempts to raise the Foo Foo toy to the same level of the Renowned and Respected 1911 Single Stack. <_< You wanna FooFoo thats OK just don't make light of those who don't swing that way.... :closedeyes::o

DON'T make me come over there. :devil: