1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I must admit the dark side is very sexy indeed, I do however have deep roots with the tried and true singlestack. :cheers:

Therefore, in all seriousness, I feel this club deserves me. Perhaps there may be little support from within the association, but hell you can't please everyone.

I have made a decision with the power of the keyboard, I hereby request to be member#10 Vacant! :P

Signature reflected. Thank you, Thank You, very much! :cheers::cheers:

Boz

Status: Currently Re-Instated as a Non-Voting Member, #10, but I am thinking with his transgressions in the past he should be #666 :devil:

Welcome back Boz

Boz, how did you do that?? :surprise:

I ain't gonna beg. :blink:

No begging, just caught Merlin at a weak moment. I won't say anything about the possibility of a hangover and not enough coffee. Nope I'm not going to cause I'm only gonna say respectful things from now on! :yawn:

Revolvers and Glocks rule. :lol:

SSES has no beef with revolvers, but how can Bill recover from the plastic comment?

Nobody's perfect... :devil: Let him back in, Z. :(

Not only he's got some REALLY COOL skinnyguns but he's also my fellow revoman. B)

Boz, how did you do that?? :surprise:

I ain't gonna beg. :blink:

Bill, it just took some convincing of his love and devotion to SS and the 1911.

Come on, you can do it!!!

No begging necessary!!!

See my picture in post 533. The black and white picture is the before of my first 1911 taken in 1984 or so. The 1911 on top of the picture is after it was rebuilt. I still ain't beggin'. :ph34r:

I think it would be a good thing ...to have (both ways Bill) :P stay in the club

The tupperwear comment could be overlooked...just this once <_<

We have no problem with revo guys ...who still shoot 1911s :cheers:

And face it.....they are just as snobbie as we are :lol:

So I think we would be in good company :cheers:

Jim

Membership Numbers Update:

GS1 (THE GRAND SNOB) Mr. Gary Stevens

(Only one Grand Snob will there ever be. From here regular member numbers continue as before)

1 - Merlin

2 - ZH

3 - Aikidale

4 - Steve J

5 - Gentleman Jim

6 - Mark S18138

7 - IMA45DV8

8 - Alan Meek

9 - Catfish

10 - VACANT BOZ1911

11 - Gman Bart

12 - Ladyinblue

13 - CSE Martin

14 - Fortyfiveshooter

15 - Nemo

16 - DMS42

17 - MiddleMan

18 - Airedale

19 - Benny Hill

20 - Carmoney (?)

21 - Sethmark

22 - Both-Ways Bill Nesbitt (He's watching you...)

23 - P.E. Kelly

24 - ddj8052

25 - 6-shot

26 - Dan Sierpina

27 - Grandbagger

28 - j1b

29 - Scout454

30 - Game Player

31 - Michigan Shootist

32 - Lighteye67

33 - MoDoc

34 - Skywalker

35 - VACANT (Former No. of GS-1)

36 - SV SHooter

37 - Steel 1212

Edited to reflect Mr. Nesbitt's status.

Edited by Nemo

LAMO :goof:

You guys are the greatest! What a great pick-me-up after a $#!%% Day!

I did get to shoot my rebuilt single-stack (Highstandard HD Military) today at lunch and it worked better than the ammo :wacko: . Note to all, a TC contender in rifle cartridge is not the best thing to shoot at the indoor range :blink: . Double Plug necessary and still rings the ears!

Too bad the rest of the day wasn't that good.

I did get to shoot my rebuilt single-stack (Highstandard HD Military) today at lunch and it worked better than the ammo :wacko: . Note to all, a TC contender in rifle cartridge is not the best thing to shoot at the indoor range :blink: . Double Plug necessary and still rings the ears!

Hey...Post some pics of that Highstandard.... :cheers:

Hey...Post some pics of that Highstandard.... :cheers:

Here's a couple of scanned pics of my H-D Military. It was the first pistol that I owned. Bought it in Butte, Montana in about 1956 for $40.00. It's not as it was. I added the Micro rear sight and taller front sight sometime in the late 60s and it became my truck's glove compartment gun. In it's orginal configuration I used it to shoot pistol matches starting in 1958.

post-6529-1203577293.jpg

post-6529-1203577245.jpg

In 1960 I bought a 10 in. M102 and used it instead. In 1969 I added a Bushnell 2.5X scope on it. Then later when Leupold came out with a 2X scope for mounting on the barrel of a Winchester M94 I replaced the Bushnell. Made Indoor Pistol Master with it in 1970. The gun is too long to fit on the scanner so here's a couple of partial pictures.

post-6529-1203577716.jpg

post-6529-1203577752.jpg

The pistol is now back to what it was when I bought it.

After all, this is under the "humor" section! :surprise::devil:

The LOVE OF A MAN AND HIS GUN IS STRONG!!! BOZ & BEN have proven this.....hard to believe the amount of ridicule, torment and unjust persecution these two have endured here yet to return!! IT HAS TO BE for the love of the SS GUN, no other rational explaination.......

EDITED TO ADD: Please do not take the use of rational out of context........as rational as it can be applied w/BOZ & BEN...hey sounds like a future ICE CREAM BUSINESS.

Edited by DrawandDuck