Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Desert Classic at Albuquerque

The Rio Grande Practical Shooting Club is proud to announce our 4th Annual Match at the Albuquerque City Shooting Range Park. For the first three years, we were known as "Badlands" and the New Mexico Section Championship. Last year's match grew to almost 150 shooters, and the club has decided to continue the tradition, and start a new tradition of the High Desert Classic at Albuquerque.

The New Mexico Section Championship moves from club to club in the section each year. We simply had the honor of doing it three years in a row. This year, the Sectional goes south to Las Cruces later in the year. Look for that announcement down the road.

For now, come back and enjoy our trademark stages and match organization. The best stat's girl in the country, dedicated (and friendly RO's), a new random draw prize table, and Albuquerque!

Visit rgpsc.com or uspsa2.org for applications. cya in June!

Edited by TaterHead

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Rio Grande Practical Shooting Club is proud to announce our 4th Annual Match at the Albuquerque City Shooting Range Park. For the first three years, we were known as "Badlands" and the New Mexico Section Championship. Last year's match grew to almost 150 shooters, and the club has decided to continue the tradition, and start a new tradition of the High Desert Classic at Albuquerque.

The New Mexico Section Championship moves from club to club in the section each year. We simply had the honor of doing it three years in a row. This year, the Sectional goes south to Las Cruces later in the year. Look for that announcement down the road.

For now, come back and enjoy our trademark stages and match organization. The best stat's girl in the country, dedicated (and friendly RO's), a new random draw prize table, and Albuquerque!

Visit rgpsc.com or uspsa2.org for applications. cya in June!

I've been waiting to hear this. Thanks!!

As ya'll have read from Taterhead's post, We are organizing a random draw prize table.

Just a few of the sponsors on baord already are: Brian Enos, Lauer Custom Weopanry / Dura Coat, Truck Vault, & Grams Engineering.

More agreements are on the way as well. Stay tuned for updates and check out our website, www.rgpsc.com for more info and links to these fine sponsors.

• 2 weeks later...

And this grief coming from somebody that goes by TATERHEAD! What's up with that! Okay Rod I give up, who's Hannah Montana? Joe's granddaughter? Or is she Helena Montana's daughter?

CYa,

Pat

Edited by whatmeworry

Sounds like a great match- like the looks of the range too! I was just contacted by an old Marine Corps buddy I served with back in 91-93 and he lives outside Albuquerque. Would be a great chance to catch up with my old brother and shoot a great match if I wasn't already committed to ROing at the IN Section. "Thems is the breaks kid!" :(

Thanks for the warm welcome Pat! :cheers: I will have to keep it in mind. Would be nice if it was during the winter months though!! ;)

Rocket, I think you might have some unrealistic expectations of what winter is in northern New Mexico. A big match wouldn't be very pleasant with the cold, wind, and snow we get. Lots of tourists come through expecting the Phoenix/Tuscon climate and are very surprised. Ski season has been pretty good this year.

Yeah- but not nearly as bad as it has been this year according to my local source down there.. ;) But I can imagine close to the mountains you can get anything....Still outta be better then up here weatherwise....for me anyway. :)

Rocket Dude,

We normally have a fair amount of 50 degree days during the winter, not so this year. We would usually have good practices (set up a good, intense stage and shoot it several times then change it up) on the weekends we don't have club matches. Not this winter! I realize winter happens, even here in New Mexico and we are just along for the ride but I am ready for some warmer weather!

CYa,

Pat

BTW, Sunday is supposed to be 61 degrees and we have a practice scheduled. Stand by to stand by!

CYa,

Pat

Okay boys and girls I want you to take a good look at that new logo. Notice the BRIGHT sun? We've ordered up some nice warm (not hot) days for this match, at considerable expense I might add, so hop yur a$$ over to Albuquerque and shoot this fun and challenging match.

Cya there,

Pat

The logo is nice but where is the real gun, the revolver? :P

My check went in the mail today.

What is the format going to be?

Hopefully I can shoot it all on Saturday.

Edited by vrmn1