Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Useless brown dog

SDM

This is my fiance's dog. He's about as useless as a creature could be, but I still love him. Probably sleeps about 20 hours a day. Must be nice.

post-9312-1200272235.jpg

post-9312-1200272465.jpg

Edited by SDM

Useless? Hardly! It takes all his energy just to look that good!

He does put a lot of emphasis onlooking good.

Useless? Don't boxers have a large tounge created to prerinse dishes, and dirty faces. goof.gif

I was going to say one thing he's good at is keeping leftover food from stinking up the trashcan.

He looks almost like my Boxer.He is my walking,hiking and errand running partner and the most alert watch dog I have ever had.If you think he is lazy take him out and play catch,he will wear you out.

I'm going to beg you to take him out and play catch. That dog needs to work a little weight off.

I don't think there is a finer breed than the Boxer, especially when children are involved.

My own Boxers have beeen great dogs, seemingly most happy with something to guard.

My sister's Boxer took station at my niece's crib when she was born and that child couldn't make a noise without the dog going and getting someone. He did the same thing with my nephew. Now his mask is all grey and he's a bit overweight himself, but he never takes his eyes off of those 2 kids. The sweetest dog in the world unless those kids or their home is threatened. When we go to visit (not often enough), he makes it clear that the household is under his protection and he'd rip various parts off me in a heartbeat if he needed to. With that cleared up, we spend the rest of the time playing.

The Boxer who looked after me and my sister when we were kids tolerated nobody except immediate family members, but he was more aggessive than most boxers.

don't they all sleep like 20 hours a day..

Except when they are barking at night......

I have two labs - one yellow and one black. They have got to be the two most distructive animals I have ever encountered/owned.....They have chewed the cable TV and phone lines off of the house; the AC connections; dug up an irrigation line and chewed through that; chewed valve stems off of my cars; swing seats off of the kids playset; and countless shoes and toys of the kids. Its amazing. I have watched them in the yard and they sit and study things in an effort to decide what to screw-up next and piss me off. If I am working in the yard and set a rake down, they will come up and take it. It really is a coordinated effort. So, in order to protect them from a late night shooting, I decided to quarantine them from being able to reach critical parts of the house and the kids playset with an invisible fence. A few months ago a wake up to them raising hell. I mean they were after something, not just the casual late night bark. I get out of bed and go check things out. They are running around the playset, hysterically. Not sure what to make of this so I go out and look around. They could care less that I was there, they kept barking, running around and looking up in the playset. Then I see that they had chased a coon into the playset area and he had climbed up on top. I am in the city so there is no way I can get the coon down (can't shoot it). So, I put the dogs in the laundry and everything was quiet.....until morning. They pulled all of the clothes down that were hanging up, all of the clean clothes baskets (with clothes) down on the floor. The ones they didn't chew up they were sleeping on when my wife found them. They all of a sudden became "my" dogs with many expletives. Damned they are a pain in the butt!!! But they are great with the kids and are great hunters.....

Its funny to watch our cat go and mess with them and then run to the invisible fence to see if one of them is dumb enough to follow. Every now and then, he'll get one....

Folks, he's really not that heavy, he's only half boxer. The other half is english bulldog. If you saw him in person you'd realize he is pretty much right between the two. He's not kept inside either, he his pretty much free to do as he wishes.

he looks like he has some english staff in him. great lookin dog! my american bulldog sleeps around 20 hours a day. he doesnt bark, he doesnt play with conventional dog toys, but he can eat a womans Fendi bag or chew through a chain link fence in under a minute flat if left alone longer than 2 hours. Oh, and he takes huge dumps!(sometimes with a little bit of chewed up leather and gold plated zippers) ;)