Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cooper tunnel

Sandro

I prefer Cooper tunnels to be 6' tall

Nope, that would be discrimination. I think they are 6'4" at a minimum.

(Actually, I seem to recall a thread on this in the last 6 mos or so. Try a search)

I did... I am thinking somewhere about 40" and 48", but I am not sure.

Missed you yesterday... I would've sworn this was a stage that you dreamed up...lots of running then an evil barrel that you nearly had to crawl into to hit the two targets behind it. It was on stage 2 yesterday, but it was only a foot or so off of the ground. Quite a few reshoots due to folks plowing into it in an 80's glam rock powerslide to finish the stage, and they ended up wearing the prop instead. Me, I threw 4 rounds through it at 15+ yards at the barely visible sides of the targets and ate a couple of mikes.

From the USPSA 2008 Rule book

2.2.5 “Cooper” Tunnels – Are tunnels comprised of braced uprights supporting

loose overhead materials (e.g. wooden slats), which may be inadvertently

dislodged by competitors (see Rule 10.2.5). These tunnels

may be constructed to any height, but overhead materials must not be

heavy enough to cause injury if they fall.

I still say 6' :devil:

Edited by Alan Meek

Thanks...I didn’t know it could be constructed to any height. :ph34r: I am smiling right now. :devil::devil::devil:

Thanks...I didn’t know it could be constructed to any height. :ph34r: I am smiling right now. :devil::devil::devil:

ruh roh :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

You know you just dont see these things being used anymore! FLA STATE CHMP used one a couple years ago, worked out great, ports you had to shoot through were low enough, that sometimes one had a tendency to stand up and or move after completing the shot. Im 6'4" and it was still tolerable. I know I moved a couple of slats around, that fortunately didnt fall. Not a highlight of the match, very interesting change in course design not too often seen. If anyone would remember it they also had a Jack in the Box stage, if I still have the video Ill put it up, now that was alot of fun! H

Hey Sandro - we used a Cooper tunnel at several local matches last year. The tunnel was probably around 5' tall. We put ports on one side of the tunnel, which worked quite well and kept shooters from sweeping their feet when they ducked under the tunnel.

By old school standards, ours was pretty tall, but it served its purpose. ;)

I can hear the moaning and groaning coming from the Tampa area over here in Orlando.

While you are in a building mood, how about one of those balance beam / teeter totter stages! :cheers:

I am just trying to come up with a few ideas for short and mid size stages for this year. Short round count and maybe some strong and weak hand shooting too.

The cooper tunnel is my favorite though… Here is another design someone just emailed me.

SC

untitled.bmp

34" :ph34r:

Short enough to slow us way down and tall enough to allow big guys to get through.

Do I here an Open stage or State stage being designed?

They won't let me design a stage without changing it, so I am not even trying. Maybe some other time... this is for our local Ruskin match.

Heres a video from the 06' Fla State Championship, the first one is a cooper tunnel in action and the second one is the Jack in the Box I refered to earlier. They were both fun to shoot and watch! H.

I'm short... I love Cooper Tunnels! Bring it on, Sandro! :D

Here's video of all or most of the stages from that match... me shooting Jack in The Box: FL State '06

And who's shooting the Cooper Tunnel?... More Sandro!

Brings back some fond memories... :cheers:

Couldnt tell ya, just taking some random video, it was my first big match. H

Here's video of all or most of the stages from that match... me shooting Jack in The Box: FL State '06

Thanks Sharyn that was a good match... I am trying to build some new props for the Ruskin match. Hopefully we will be able to get them done soon.

Edited by Sandro

I did not realize that you were also at the match hf219, it was a blast!!!!

Alan

I did not realize that you were also at the match hf219, it was a blast!!!!

Alan

Its a match which standards I hold all other matches to! Well run, great payout, great range layout, great staff. I dont think you could make a problem if you wanted too! I would also say some of the most interesting stage props Ive seen yet! Although many other matches have had very unique ones, (you just cant compare a helicopter stage)LOL! H

And who's shooting the Cooper Tunnel

In my video, it's Sandro shooting the Cooper Tunnel. Kind of ironic that he's the only one I caught on video shooting that stage. ;)

OK.. if you're a midget (ie under 6') there's a distinct advantage in Coopers tunnels this short (as the picture).

I guess to balnce things out.. I'd make stagges where there's 2 ports in front of an arrray.. one at 2'.. and one at 5' 6"... that would even things up...