Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News on my part....I won't be going. I had to think hard on this but there is a monthly ladies class kicking off at a range I belong to. I went thru the range officer course a few months back so I could help with these classes and naturally, it's scheduled for the same weekend as Area 4. So far 11 women are signed up. I have three more acquaintances of mine that want to take the class. I haven't taught since last year when I did a CHL class for a bunch of my friends at the dojo where I train. Before that, it was 15 years ago that when I taught at the PD range in San Diego....I kinda' miss putting all the info out there and watching the light bulb come on when a student figures it out.

Well, there's always next year...Besides, getting more ladies on the range is always a good thing! Can I have an AMEN!!!

Have a cold one for me after you finish the match..... :cheers:

Edited by carinab

Jamie,

The squad matrix on the uspsa website shows 3 squads that shoot the match all on Saturday. Two look full but all three say they are full. I would contact Tom Drazy(if you can get hold of him) or maybe Bill Powe.

MLM

Jamie,

The squad matrix on the uspsa website shows 3 squads that shoot the match all on Saturday. Two look full but all three say they are full. I would contact Tom Drazy(if you can get hold of him) or maybe Bill Powe.

MLM

Bill sent me an Email so It looks like my buddy will get to shoot...Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like some more entries are starting to come in. For a while the numbers were looking pretty low but I bet it will fill on up.

I've got my hotel bought & paid for & will be loading my match ammo this weekend. I am getting pretty cranked about this match. It will be my last major match for the year & I intend to do well.

You folks get your entries in before it's too late! Gas in Lubbock was $2.59 yesterday(Oct-21) so no excuses about gas being too high. :)

MLM

I just sent the stage descriptions to Bill Lane so he can post them to the Area 4 matches page. Unfortunately, stage designer Kenny Barsch left for Bali yesterday before we got them posted to the San Angelo page (he's the webmaster).

Bill

can someone explain to me how the stage called" running of the sheep" works

You have 3 seconds to shoot 8 shots on 8 targets(3 strings), 24 rounds total, I can't see how you will be able to get off more than 6 shots off in any one string.

If you get 8 mikes, you zero the stage.

I am A class and I know I have no chance of being able to get off more than 12 shots total.

How is this fun or fair?

can someone explain to me how the stage called" running of the sheep" works

You have 3 seconds to shoot 8 shots on 8 targets(3 strings), 24 rounds total, I can't see how you will be able to get off more than 6 shots off in any one string.

If you get 8 mikes, you zero the stage.

I am A class and I know I have no chance of being able to get off more than 12 shots total.

How is this fun or fair?

I've not reviewed the COF, but if its a timed fire stage, "Fixed time courses of fire do not incur failure to shoot or miss penalties". (Rule 9.2.4.4, page 36)

edited for spelling

Edited by Flatland Shooter