Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kenny designed the stages; he likes IPSC so expect that sort of arrangement. He is an excellent designer, though, so they will be lots of fun!

Fred and Bill (along with some of the other guys) have already built two pallets worth of brand new target stands, and are working on the 54 new walls required.

No Stars :ph34r:

The Air Farce saw fit to move me to San Antonio, so the Texas State 3-Gun guys are Fred and Bill. It depends how burned out they get after this match :surprise:

Alex

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, We gave up and made Fred Co-Match Director. Bill Lane has the match info and is busy coding to get on-line registration up on the Area 4 webpage. Looks like I'm stuck with registration, so I've submitted the match info to Sedro Wooley. When it's approved, I'll get self squadding setup. When Bill Lane gets the online reg up, you'll be able to pay by paypal and get a PIN for squadding. I can upload the Match app now, but if you use it, make sure your email address is legible as that's how you'll get your PIN. Kenny Barsch is sending the stages to John Amadon for approval.

We really didn't want to do the match administration but looks like we don't have much choice.

Paypal because we're not setup to accept credit cards and the credit card companies charge more per transaction than paypal does.

And Bill Lane can make it transparent going to our paypal account. At this late date, quick and easy is the way it's going to have to be! :rolleyes:

Bill

OK, We gave up and made Fred Co-Match Director.

Excellent move!

But why PayPal?

Bill

Paypal because we're not setup to accept credit cards and the credit card companies charge more per transaction than paypal does.

And Bill Lane can make it transparent going to our paypal account. At this late date, quick and easy is the way it's going to have to be! :rolleyes:

Just as long as you will still accept my check via snailmail! :unsure:

Bill

edited to add: For us snailmailers, can you go ahead and post the application for printing and mailing?

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Bill

OK, We gave up and made Fred Co-Match Director.

Excellent move!

But why PayPal?

Bill

It's my understanding that PayPal is vehemently anti-gun and even has a track record of freezing personal accounts if they're used for gun-related items. Are you sure they won't freeze accounts being used to pay for a pistol match or maybe even freeze the match account?

Anyway - if I do go, I'll be paying by snailmail as I refuse to do business with any company that would trample on my constitutional rights.

By the way, nice job to the San Angelo crew for stepping up to the plate - God Bless you guys for filling the void.

San Angelo shooters are good folks :cheers:

I still find it amusing that while most clubs have just one (or in rare cases, two) people capable of putting on a real match, San Angelo has at least half a dozen ;)

Alex

San Angelo shooters are good folks :cheers:

I still find it amusing that while most clubs have just one (or in rare cases, two) people capable of putting on a real match, San Angelo has at least half a dozen ;)

Alex

Yes they are good folks & yes they have several capable of putting on a real match but they are missing at least two without the Wakal's on site!

MLM

OK, We gave up and made Fred Co-Match Director. Bill Lane has the match info and is busy coding to get on-line registration up on the Area 4 webpage. Looks like I'm stuck with registration, so I've submitted the match info to Sedro Wooley. When it's approved, I'll get self squadding setup. When Bill Lane gets the online reg up, you'll be able to pay by paypal and get a PIN for squadding. I can upload the Match app now, but if you use it, make sure your email address is legible as that's how you'll get your PIN. Kenny Barsch is sending the stages to John Amadon for approval.

We really didn't want to do the match administration but looks like we don't have much choice.

Thanks for steppin' up. :cheers:

It's my understanding that PayPal is vehemently anti-gun and even has a track record of freezing personal accounts if they're used for gun-related items. Are you sure they won't freeze accounts being used to pay for a pistol match or maybe even freeze the match account?

Anyway - if I do go, I'll be paying by snailmail as I refuse to do business with any company that would trample on my constitutional rights.

By the way, nice job to the San Angelo crew for stepping up to the plate - God Bless you guys for filling the void.

You get to select a description for what you are paying for. Just be discreet! I like to have fun with it. For example, I recently bought a barrel. I put "hollow metal tube" for the description. :cheers:

Edited by stockton

OK, Bill Lane tells me the online registration ap is ready to go.... but he's going to be out Monday and Tuesday so he's not going to put it up until he returns and would be available to handle the inevitable startup problems.

The pdf entry form is available on both the Area 4 page under "Matches" and the San Angelo web page under ""Action Pistol".

Bill

Do we have to e-mail to anyone for the self-squad password after 24-48 hrs pass following online registration?
I think you can use your regular password on the USPSA site, or the 7 digit pin number on the label of your latest Front Sight magazine as your password.

• 3 weeks later...