Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say it ain't so...say it ain't so !!!

Tulsa in November...c-c-c-c-c-could b-b-b-b-be c-c-c-c-old!

Love the range in Tulsa...but really detest shooting in the cold...anywhere...

Much prefer June...even the heat/humidity/RAIN at Shreveport...

• 1 month later...

The BoD offered A4 to San Angelo, as well as the US IPSC Nationals.

Our folks have not had any of their phone calls returned lately, though, so you might want to ask your Area Director what is going on...ours isn't talking.

Alex

Yes, IPSC...Load up your Production gun all the way, download your Limited gun, ditch your 6" .40, and move your mag pouches...and what the heck are those tiny little Open guns for? :cheers:

However, no answer from The Powers That Be indicate this project (which, oddly enough, they asked us to do) is stalled for an unknown reason...

Alex

However, no answer from The Powers That Be indicate this project (which, oddly enough, they asked us to do) is stalled for an unknown reason...

Alex

Alex,

I see that you are from Von Ormy. Are we confused and mixing up San Angelo (where this thread indicates the match may be held) for San Antonio (just a stones throw from Von Ormy)? About a 185 mile mistake as the crow flies.

Bill :unsure:

I know exactly where I am talking about. San Angelo is about 230 miles from Von Ormy as the truck drives ;)

I lived in San Angelo for quite a while and still own property there (and consider that my home club). San Antonio sucks.

Alex

The USPSA Board of Directors has nothing to do with the location of Area championship matches--that's strictly the purview of the Area Director. Last I heard, Area 4 was going to be held in Princeton, LA, since Ken Hicks and Wayne Miller are producing the USPSA Multigun Nationals there, and the Area match was to be held shortly before or after (I can't remember which). That may have changed since I last spoke with Wayne, I don't know. If it has, however, it's because of a decision the Area 4 director made, not the BOD. I can't speak about the US IPSC Nationals, as I've heard nothing about that.

Contact Ken Hicks and get the straight story.

Troy

And if Ken isn't answering his phone (surprise), returning phone messages (suprise), or answering email (bigger surprise), try contacting someone that can reach Ken or otherwise deal with him directly.

Not much we can do when we try to say "OK, and here are the days we can do it" and get...nothing... Kenny has been trying for a while now to get in touch with the man.

And...Mac, thanks for the input, but it was the BOD who called (from their last meeting) and asked us about the IPSC nationals, not just Ken. Kenny can't get an answer from his sources there either...

Alex

And...Mac, thanks for the input, but it was the BOD who called (from their last meeting) and asked us about the IPSC nationals, not just Ken. Kenny can't get an answer from his sources there either...

Alex

I wasn't talking about the IPSC Nationals, I was talking about Area 4. However, not being able to get in touch with your area director is a big problem.

Troy

I know exactly where I am talking about. San Angelo is about 230 miles from Von Ormy as the truck drives ;)

I lived in San Angelo for quite a while and still own property there (and consider that my home club). San Antonio sucks.

Alex

That's good news. San Antonio is closer for me, but San Angelo is a lot more scenic and easier to get around. If A-4 is in San Angelo, sign me up.

Bill

(former Midlander)

However, not being able to get in touch with your area director is a big problem.

Yes sir, tell me about it. But he got reelected anyway.

One of the folks on my short list of favorite people stepped up to try and help mediate this (in the hope that The Powers That Be won't ignore him like they are ignoring the others). Emails flying around BOD and elPrez level; haven't seen any replies yet <_<

Alex

Great.... I finally move to Shreveport, and they move Area 4 somewhere else...... <_<

Don't stress yourself too much...look at it this way =>

Multi-gun Nats is confirmed for October at Shreveport.

Area 4 appears to be in November at TBD.

Wayne M & Ken H are running the show for Multi-gun Nats.

Wayne M & Ken H have run the Area 4 show for many years.

One of the past issues for Area 4 seems to have been getting enough setup help to create the match stages.

Given those presuppositions, what would one wager that Area 4 is:

1 - in November,

2 - in Shreveport, and

3 - with stages STRIKINGLY similar to the Multi-gun Nats stages?

I'm sure we'll all know...sometime.

Shreveport, doesn't have a local club anymore, so yea, they are short on help there, so lets go back and b#@$ about not having help........Makes sense in some alternate universe I guess ???????????