Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SINGLE STACK

zhunter

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A single stack is a single action six gun that holds seven, hammer down on an empty chamber.

Mine is bigger than your!!!

MINE holds 8

And....

EVER heard of cock and locked?????

Edited by zhunter

Howdy

Can anyone explain for me thesse two rules?

You cannot have BullBarrel in SST

You are not allowed to have mounts for lights under the dustcover.

I have bought an STi Duty One (now discontinued i belive) in .45.

But with the current rules i'am not allowed to compete in SST with this gun and i find that wierd :angry2:

I could buy my self a new top in .40 with bushing barrel (which i'am planning) but the guns is still not legal.

Could you please explain what purpose is with theese rules??

I have planned to cross the pond to compete in SST in a year or so (Army service for the moment).

Ola

zhunter:

No, mine is bigger.

It may only hold seven, but I have two.

Say, if the cowboys can carry and use two sixguns at their matches........hmm??.

Just a thought.

You have two sixguns and call yourself a shooter????

2 is like a starter set!!!

Howdy

But with the current rules i'am not allowed to compete in SST with this gun and i find that wierd :angry2:

I could buy my self a new top in .40 with bushing barrel (which i'am planning) but the guns is still not legal.

I have planned to cross the pond to compete in SST in a year or so (Army service for the moment).

Ola

Ola, bull barrels, long dust covers, lights mounted on the rail all have the same effect as a "muzzle weight", help to reduce muzzle flip to some extent and therefore provide a competitive advantage. That's why they're not allowed. The division allows for some ergonomic upgrades to the exterior of John Browning's design, but draws the line and does not allow some of the other "upgrades" that have been applied by some manufacturers.

Howdy

Ola

Ola, bull barrels, long dust covers, lights mounted on the rail all have the same effect as a "muzzle weight", help to reduce muzzle flip to some extent and therefore provide a competitive advantage. That's why they're not allowed. The division allows for some ergonomic upgrades to the exterior of John Browning's design, but draws the line and does not allow some of the other "upgrades" that have been applied by some manufacturers.

Thanks for the reply, that would explain the rules.

I dont agree of the rules, but thats life isnt it.

Ola

Ola, think of it this way. The single stack was used at the birth of action shooting. There were not very many options at the time. No double stacks, light rails, polymers, bull barrels, or other trick stuff. You shot a stock pistol with the exception of sights or safeties. This is a retro division and I can't use my Wilson KZ-45 polymer frame 10 shot 1911, Para hi-cap pin gun, or my STI Edge. That's just the way the rules read and that is to keep it simple as in the beginning.

Come on over and play at our house, you'll have fun.

Buddy

Ola, think of it this way. The single stack was used at the birth of action shooting. There were not very many options at the time. No double stacks, light rails, polymers, bull barrels, or other trick stuff. You shot a stock pistol with the exception of sights or safeties. This is a retro division and I can't use my Wilson KZ-45 polymer frame 10 shot 1911, Para hi-cap pin gun, or my STI Edge. That's just the way the rules read and that is to keep it simple as in the beginning.

Come on over and play at our house, you'll have fun.

Buddy

Ok i see the point.

The problem is that its not easy to purchase guns here in Sweden (well it's easy, but a little harder to get the licens)

I bought the gun because it was i thought it was SST legal, but that was before i read the rules :-(

But i really like the gun so will probably not get ride off it for the moment.

I also have a STi Edge in .40 that i shoot IPSC with here in Sweden.

I will come over and play with you guys as soon as i can.

Still need to fix the cash and vacation for at least four weeks.

Ola

Calling it the single stack division is a joke to be honest. It's the "1911 Purist" division. I shoot a single stack... A Sig p220.. I am not allowed to shoot in the division. The only explaination I have received was that "We don't want to upset the 1911 guys".