Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HDTV

ima45dv8

Finally got the upgrade yesterday, after talking the provider into a 73% discount on the fees. The sub-contracted installer was fairly new to the job, but he didn't have any quit in him. After arriving at 5:45 (minutes before dark) he worked through a damn fine rain storm and finally completed the job a little after midnight (!). I tipped him $20 just for his good attitude.

The picture quality is simply amazing. :wub:

Finally got the upgrade yesterday, after talking the provider into a 73% discount on the fees. The sub-contracted installer was fairly new to the job, but he didn't have any quit in him. After arriving at 5:45 (minutes before dark) he worked through a damn fine rain storm and finally completed the job a little after midnight (!). I tipped him $20 just for his good attitude.

The picture quality is simply amazing. :wub:

Don't have one myself but my son (who lives nearby) has a 60" Sony and the pic quality is like going to the movies....you are a lucky guy...I may get one someday...

There are consistent "rumors" swirling that prices will drop after the first of the year. I have already noticed the prices falling on a lot of them as we get closer to Christmas and they aren't meeting their sales goals. Had a poor sales puke practically on his knees begging me to buy last weekend. And all I did was walk in to do a price check and drool for a few minutes.

My old (9 years) Sony takes about 2 minutes to start and get a picture now so I figure that one of these days it just flat out won't start and I'll get to take the plunge. Of course then I get to upgrade my satellite and sound system and everything else because it just won't do to use my 20 year old stereo receiver for sound with an HD picture. :lol:

Open gun or Home Theater.... :wacko::wacko:

Might sound a little lame but...Just watch one of the Discovery Channels programs in HD and you WILL buy a new HD set...

Freaking Awesome! :cheers:

True!

I actually was getting annoyed with a local news anchor this evening because he had this one hair sticking up on the back of his head and it was distracting as hell. Then I realized I was focusing on ONE HAIR!

Might sound a little lame but...Just watch one of the Discovery Channels programs in HD and you WILL buy a new HD set...

True!

I actually was getting annoyed with a local news anchor this evening because he had this one hair sticking up on the back of his head and it was distracting as hell. Then I realized I was focusing on ONE HAIR!

Maybe that was hair envy ;)

They are awesome on a big regular TV I can only imagine what they'd look like on an uptodate 1020 P HD TV.

I still want to hang back and figure out what to buy when the time comes.

My '84 RCA has to die someday!

FM

IMA45DV8, which provider? I have my widescreen set to be delivered in the AM on the 24th and the HDTV installed that afternoon. I can't wait.

I just got my 50 plasma last month, man I could never go back

to regular TV again!!!

Direct TV all the way!! Most channels for your buck like $9.99 for 70 HD

channels and more are being added daily. Discovery shows are the hook,

they broadcast in the highest defenition and it shows, Planet earth, Mythbusters,

etc.. just amazing. Even got cartoon net in HD!!!

I have done a lot of research on the TVs lately and you could really get some awsome

deals on 720p tv's right now (thats the same as 1080i visually). You dont need the 1080p

unless your running bluray or HDDVD, cable and sat programs broadcast in 480 to 720 and

the 1080 sets just down convert to the given signal. Just make sure that your 720(p) tv will

except 1080 so if you go Bluray later you wont have a black screen. And really the difference

to me is only noticed at very close distances to the set, too close!!

Holy Labyrinth Batman! It's a trap!

I watched Planet Earth on a friends set in Wide Screen HDTV. Pretty cool I'll admit. But if I buy an HDTV and a satelite dish and a subscription I'll miss not having all that money every month for beer, booze, babes and bullets.

edited to add bullets ;)

Edited by AikiDale