Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

R & R Racing Multi-Gun 2008

Here is some information on the 2nd annual R & R Racing Multi-Gun July 12th & 13th, 2008 . It will be held at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club – Albany, Oregon

This Match is limited to 85 shooters and we will not accept applications after June 8th! Applications must be typed or written in legible handwriting or they will be returned! Confirmations of match acceptance will be sent out via e-mail, or mail. The Match Hotel is the Econo Lodge and it is about 10 minutes from the range. Limited rooms available so you will need to book by February 29, 2008. Prices from $59.40 to $70.00 (pending availability). Contact Holley at 541.926.0170 mention R & R Racing Multi-Gun.

We are looking for experienced 3 gun RO's to help us this year. We will provide each RO with free entry to the match, two free lunches, and 3 nights lodging at the match hotel. RO’s shoot on Thursday July 10th and Friday July 11th, and walk the prize table with everyone else on Sunday. We will have 2 RO’s to a room so you will have to share. This is first come first serve, and we only need a few more people so hurry, time is wasting!

Match application can be found on RandRRacingonline.com, in the next few days.

See ya on the range!

Edited by 3gungal

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to add that we have separate prize tables for the following divisions: Open, Tactical, Tactical Optics, Heavy Metal Tactical, Heavy Metal.

The stages are taking shape and we are going to have a few new surprises. The breaching door is back but with a new twist!

It is going to be a fun time for all!

Question#1:

Will there be trailer parking for over night camping again?

Question #2:

Will we be able to do a walk through on Fri afternoon like last year?

Question #3:

New twist on the breeching door(s)? What? Only six rounds max per door at contact distance?

oh I know, shoot it at 200 yards with your rifle and then engadge the plate rack off hand through the open door???

and I hope you have the same lunch set up as last year. . . .really good sandwitches delivered to you at your stage was a very nice touch and well worth the price paid.

see you in July

Question#1:

Will there be trailer parking for over night camping again? yes

Question #2:

Will we be able to do a walk through on Fri afternoon like last year? Yes, you may walk the stages on Friday

Question #3:

New twist on the breeching door(s)? What? Only six rounds max per door at contact distance?

oh I know, shoot it at 200 yards with your rifle and then engadge the plate rack off hand through the open door??? Hmmm.....good idea!

and I hope you have the same lunch set up as last year. . . .really good sandwitches delivered to you at your stage was a very nice touch and well worth the price paid. yes

see you in July

I forgot to add that we have separate prize tables for the following divisions: Open, Tactical, Tactical Optics, Heavy Metal Tactical, Heavy Metal.

The stages are taking shape and we are going to have a few new surprises. The breaching door is back but with a new twist!

It is going to be a fun time for all!

Can you define Heavy Metal Tactical and Heavy Metal? (HM Scope..?)

I guess we should have called it Heavy Tactical Optics. Anyway your major caliber rifle will have optics. Never mind the semantics it will be great fun for all. We are going to have shots out to 300+ yards this year!

can we request squading or is it set up when we get there? How does the prize table work, order of finish?

Squad requests can be done via e-mail or you can write your squad request on the back of your entry form

Prize table is order of finish

Edited by 3gungal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just want to thank everyone who has signed up so far, the response has been great and we are about 1/2 full.

We still have a few spots left for RO's so let me know soon if you are interested.

Looking for sponsors? Shoot me an email. I would like to if its reasonable. Let me know.

email:

rockymountainarmory@yahoo.com

Robert, Robert & Lilly,

Thanks for working with me. I just realized we packed up our scanner for goin' home, so instead of a scanned entry form, I'll just provide the info in an e-mail.

Again, thanks for working with me on this and can't wait to see y'all again!

Rich

ETA: Is there gonna be a Trooper Class?

Edited by uscbigdawg

Robert, Robert & Lilly,

Thanks for working with me. I just realized we packed up our scanner for goin' home, so instead of a scanned entry form, I'll just provide the info in an e-mail.

Rich

rich-steve & i are gonna work the match (and also shoot it)...gonna tag along?

I'd love to RO, but can't. I'll be pushing it as is to just shoot the match. My goal is to fly in on Friday (either Sac or Portland), rent a car and drive down to Albany. Flying out either Sunday night or Monday EARLY morning.

Rich

Robert, Robert & Lilly,

Rich

There is not going to be a trooper class, but we won't complain if you want to carry all your gear and ammo during the match.

• 2 months later...

Match update:

RW wanted me to let everyone know that all our RO slots have filled. For those who didn't receive an RO slot, thank you for wanting to help out. We appreciate it.

Stages are in the testing phase, and you won’t believe what RW has planned this year.

We still have some slots available so keep sending in those match applications.

• 2 months later...

Stages are coming along nice/almost done, should be posted soon.

Round count is as follows:

164 Pistol

165 Rifle

149 Shotgun shot

5 slugs

Of course if you miss at steel then bring more ammo!

Scott

All,

Stages are posted, slight changes to come. I will try to get the new scoring posted in the next couple of days. Scoring will be like the VA match where 2 shots per paper required, 2 A's are 0 down, a B orC is worth +1/2 a second and a D is +1 1/2 second. We want to reward better shooters somehow and believe this is the best out there. You can thank the Army shooters for the scoring:-)

Pat, 3 HM shooters so far and 2 Scoped HM shooters to answer you question.

Scott Hawkins

• 2 weeks later...
Will we need to bring slings for long guns ??? :unsure:

DC - You won't need slings , there will be staging/grounding boxes on all the stages

and the stages are posted at RandRracingonline.com

Robert also mentioned that all the rifle steel will be the new plate rack style 10" targets

with the white backers.

These targets solve all the problems (visibility,calling hits, etc.) associated with long range steel targets.

Craig