Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Canceled

Jman

Jeez Jim.... Don't tell me it rains out there in the desert. We are moving to Phoenix next Friday and one of the things I was looking forward to was no rainouts like we are having here in St. Louis today. Well, maybe rainout isn't accurate. More like rain/freezingrain/sleet.

Time to break out the shooting videos I guess! :P

I'm sure it's happened before but I'm like Jim.....I can't remember the last time one of our matches were cancelled. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to do.

Don't worry Neomet, this is RARE for us.

Jeees, at least your matches were canx for a reason. Here, we are 'off-season' <_< I mean really....

You mean there's a shooting season? :rolleyes::P

The wife and I have an agreement... I shoot on the first and fourth Sundays every month, the other two weekends, well, I am available to contribute to domestic bliss.

Edited by Lighteye67

If we cancelled a match here in the PNW, we'd never have a match. EVER :surprise: What ever happened to combat conditions?

Here is us sailing last weekend in a snowstorm on Puget sound for cripes sake :cheers:

Tacticool yacht racing :goof:

RTC030.jpg

Brrrrr

Vashon.jpg

wussies......

If we cancelled a match here in the PNW, we'd never have a match. EVER :surprise: What ever happened to combat conditions?

Here is us sailing last weekend in a snowstorm on Puget sound for cripes sake :cheers:

Tacticool yacht racing :goof:

RTC030.jpg

Brrrrr

Vashon.jpg

wussies......

Thank you for moving my testicles directly and with great violence straight up until they struck the inside of the top of my skull. BRRRrrrrrrrrrr....

You are definitely a bigger man than me. :cheers:

Yeah and the part I hate is here in Phoenix they cancelled the match at Rio due to rain, and it didn't rain today?? Maybe the MD just didn't want to set up?

The MD's brother had a heartattack this week and is in VERY critical condition in the hospital but he DID have his co-MD's at the range and it rained on them while trying to set up. So...they couldn't do the setup. It did rain here at my house for 2 days.

Thread Drift

DanM -- The sailing does not look too bad. You only have 1 reef in the main and no water over your bow.

Bill

Getting that reef in during a blizzard sucked! The leech line on the main got sucked into the boom AND the self tailing winch ate the reef line so bad we had to disassemble the winch to clear it, then tuck the reef in. Absolute fire drill :goof: What REALLY sucked was finishing the race in Tacoma at 5pm and then double handing the boat back to Seattle in a 40knt snow storm :surprise: We got to Shilshole about 9:30 and had slush on the deck and the docks were slicker than snot. I sat next to the heater all day last Sunday, lol...

The sailing season doesn't really get good until the winter here. During the summer, there is hardly any breeze. Here is another shot of us popsicles at Round the County a few weeks ago. A two day race around the San Juans..

Day two upwind most of the day in 25 knts plus. We did get a short, fast downwind run with boatspeeds in the high teens.

RTC3.jpg

Antifreeze :cheers:

RTC1.jpg

I can't wait to shoot somewhere warm and dry..