Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LPA revolver sights

S&WIowegan

I just did a search for LPA on this forum and got zilch. I got an LPA on one of the 627s RGS sold me and I like them. Does any anyone other than Dillon handle this sight?

Bob.

Try Randy Lee.

Bought three sights from Precision Sales Intl. this year, good prices & service. Each time I ordered a set, he'd knock a little more off his web sight price (which is still a lot better than Dillion's) for being a repeat customer -- now that's customer service !!

Something to be aware of:

Some Smith 625's/627's are not properly machined to accept the LPA. More metal needs to be removed to match up the sight body with the screw holes. Smiith sometimes didn't finish the cut as it generally has done in the past.

Something to be aware of:

Some Smith 625's/627's are not properly machined to accept the LPA. More metal needs to be removed to match up the sight body with the screw holes. Smiith sometimes didn't finish the cut as it generally has done in the past.

But with some care, they can be added to anything ;)

25-2005.jpg

25-2004.jpg

What height front sight are you using? If you already have a fiber optic front does it have to be changed to a taller one with the LPA?

On a 625 standard front sight works. On my 25-2, it has a .300 now but that is a changeable front sight I have on there so I can play around. I will be using it for Bulls Eye this winter so it will get a black front sight or maybe even a gold dot. Either way, the .300 works well with room to adjust on that 6.5" barrel.

+1 for Randy Lee.

The LPA rear sights on Smith & Wesson revolvers give a much better picture than stock. Looks better, too.

At one time there was talk that Randy was trying to convince them to bring one out with a wider (.140) notch. Anybody know if he suceeded?

What height front sight are you using? If you already have a fiber optic front does it have to be changed to a taller one with the LPA?

On this 8" mod 25 Randy added an LPA. It turns out that on it a .250 front works - but barely. The rear is all the way down and it is just right. A load change and a .300 would probably be in order.

IMG_2712.jpg

On this 8" mod 25 Randy added an LPA. It turns out that on it a .250 front works - but barely. The rear is all the way down and it is just right. A load change and a .300 would probably be in order.

IMG_2712.jpg

That's a good looking gun!

IMG_2712.jpg

That's a good looking gun!

just a little off topic...with that longer barrel, did you have to bump up the load to make PF over the loads for 5" guns, I was thinking about the friction thing with the longer barrel...it's nice to see what the LPA's look like on a blued gun, all of mine are on Stainless guns, they look like they belong there...yours really stands out, I like it...

michaels

+1 for Randy Lee.

The LPA rear sights on Smith & Wesson revolvers give a much better picture than stock. Looks better, too.

At one time there was talk that Randy was trying to convince them to bring one out with a wider (.140) notch. Anybody know if he suceeded?

140 notch?? In the works??