Blue Ridge Moutain 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeff,

Here is a list of some of the closest hotels. I am not particularly familiar with any of them and cannot recommend one. The top listing in each town is closest to the range site and the others are progressively more distant. There may be some rooms available at the Village Inn located in Lovingston after I see how many rooms are going to be needed for staff. Several are staying at the campground -- should be a good party!

If anyone is going to try to stay in Charlottesville, hotels there seem to be filling up quickly -- must be something going on at the university. The hotels in Lynchburg seem to have plenty of rooms.

The county website which lists lodging is: Nelson County Lodging

Knights Inn Madison Heights – 3642 S Amherst Hwy, Madison Heights, VA

Americas Best Value Inn – 5016 South Amherst Hwy, Madison Heights, VA

Holiday Inn Select – 601 MAIN STREET, Lynchburg, VA

Travelodge – 1500 Main Street, Lynchburg, VA

Quality Inn – 3125 Albert Lankford Drive, Lynchburg, VA

Hampton Inn – 5604 Seminole Ave, Lynchburg, VA

Sleep Inn – 3620 Candlers Mountain Road, Lynchburg, VA

Econo Lodge University Arena – 400 Emmet St., Charlottesville, VA

Courtyard Charlottesville – University Medical Center 1201 West Main Street, Charlottesville, VA

Village Inn – 8010 Thomas Nelson Highway, Lovingston, 434-263-5068

Hope this helps.

Rifle distance will go from near contact distance to 400 or so yards.

Andy

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Select in Lynchburg. They are about 35 min from the range but they have a restaurant & a bar. Got to have room service coffee & a drink after a long day doesn't hurt my feelings, either. Plenty of restaurants nearby, also. Some of the closer & smaller hotels are near very limited dinner choices.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Oh, yeah. I'll be helping Tammi in stats :)

I am using a modified version of the scoring program from Ft Benning for the match. Since the point value per stage varies with the number of guns used on the stage, I had to adjust the stage calculations. While I was at it, I added a few improvements, like a "rank" listing on all stage & final results.

Andy emailed me the registration file to load into the match. It will be great to see some familiar faces. I was surprised to see a few names missing, since they told me at the SHOT Show that they were planning to be there. Hope they get the applications in before the match is full. I've 'been there & done that' with waiting lists :ph34r:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rod and I are in and are bringing a 'new' guy...can't wait for the 25 hour drive :surprise:

Action bar broke on the shotgun and we just got that fixed...life in 3-gun!! Thank goodness for Jim Lambert, he is the guru of 1100's...

Cheryl :)

Preliminary results (http://lchico.5u.com/brm3g.html)

I have posted preliminary results on a very hastily set up page on my website. The match is taking place in a remote area & match director Andy Horner is not able to get on the Internet at his hotel.

Will post again tomorrow.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 BRM3G statistician

Heading home as I bang this out on the blackberry. A B I G thank you to Andy, Linda, all the RO's, the match staff, the owners of Blue Ridge Estates, my fellow squad mates in squad 6, did I mention thr RO's? (A special thanks for the shower sticks). This three gun match was great. A lot of challanging shots, some great distance shots for rifle and a breath taking location to shoot it in. This is on my calendar for next year for sure. Only 6 more hours until I can check the final scores..my blackberry doesn't like the pdf files.

Something to look forward to after my drive is over. ;-)

Thanks again all..

A great match.

A huge thanks to Andy, Linda, the RO's, sponsors and everyone else that had a hand in organizing and running this match. It was excellent and I can honestly say it's the most fun shooting a match that I've ever had. Simply fantastic. It's great to have a 3 gun match here on the East Coast with 200,300,400 yard rifle shots in natural terrain. I will put it on the calendar for next year as soon as the announcement comes out. Thanks again.

This match is extremely hard to describe. I think the best term to describe it would be "Humbling". The Oak Ridge facilities were gorgeous. The match was extremly tough both in physical demands and skill level.

Rifle shots were long and abundant,steel was heavy and everywhere,pistol shots were as long as 85 yards,and the natural terrain added complications for all shooters. It was not easy. Time limits for every stage was 200 seconds,and if you could complete the stage without timing out......you were ahead of half the pack if that gives you any indication of the size,length and difficulty of the stages. Most definitely the hardest and most physically demanding match I have shot to date.

I was exhausted at the end of the first and second day. The AMU guys definitely shined on this one due in large part to their physical conditioning(I really don't think the fact that they shoot for a living had anything to do with it at all :roflol: ). Stamina and endurance were a necessity to finish well in this match. There are many areas for improvement to make this match better for next year assuming the Oak Ridge establishment lets it return. Andy was extremely receptive to the feedback buzz going around. His plate was full. I don't think he knew if his glass was half full or half empty most of the time. Mike was bouncing around on his ATV like a teenage kid needing Riddlin trying to stay on top of everything the best he could so that the match finished on schedule.......and it did. Linda was all over stats as usual and printing the finals mere minutes after the final shots were fired. Linda is awesome and well deserving of the Grandmaster classification in stats.

Sponsors were extremely generous and that made the prize table copius for all. THANK YOU sponsors!!!! Our sport would not be what it is without your support.

Hats off to Andy,Mike,Linda,all the winners,and damn sure the hardworking RO's who endured the match to the end. They were the heroes in my opinion for this match. They were extremly overworked.....but then again......look how well they are paid :ph34r:

Look forward to the match next year if it makes it back on the schedule :cheers:

Edited by 00bullitt

OH and I forgot to add the news about our lovely stay at the Super 8 in Lynchburg.

We awoke about 2am Sunday morning to a prom after party gone bad in the adjoining room to ours. A fight ensued :sight: and someone took an ass whipping poorly and came back shortly after to pop a cap in the back of the one who dealt the ass whipping(killing him dead of course).We didn't bother to go out and get involved.....instead just loaded up and took cover between the beds while they were outside killing each other. So needless to say.....we exited the room about 6am to see the crime scene investigation van doing there business while we checked out with gun cases in hand. Nothing like a little gunfire before the last day of the match. We definitely know where not to stay next year.

The above post reminded me to advertise the new CPWSA hotel booking and recommendation services. For a small fee I'll be happy to book your match hotel. We have two options. The first is our adventure package, for which, as you see above, anything goes. The second option is for those who prefer to not have fighting in the adjacent room or gunfire and dead bodies in the parking lot. For this option, you simply stay somewhere other than where we book or recommend. <_<