Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Moutain 3 Gun Championship

I would like to announce that the first annual Blue Ridge Mountain 3 Gun Championship is going to be held April 18-20, 2008 in Arrington, VA at Oak Ridge Estate. The match will be shot over natural terrain with 10 stages anticipated. At this time, it looks like you will be using all three guns on 6 stages and 2 guns on each of the others. The match will be a little more physical than average, and, if current stage designs hold, it will also have a slightly higher round count.

Information about the match, its location, and the match application can be found at BRM3G.com. Entries will be limited to 160 shooters plus staff.

I hope to see you there!!

Andy Horner

PS: If you have any questions, email me at BRM3G@BRM3G.com. I will only be getting to my email every 3 or 4 days until the end of February, so please be patient in waiting for a response!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to announce that the first annual Blue Ridge Mountain 3 Gun Championship is going to be held April 18-20, 2008 in Arrington, VA at Oak Ridge Estate. The match will be shot over natural terrain with 10 stages anticipated. At this time, it looks like you will be using all three guns on 6 stages and 2 guns on each of the others. The match will be a little more physical than average, and, if current stage designs hold, it will also have a slightly higher round count.

Information about the match, its location, and the match application can be found at BRM3G.com. Entries will be limited to 160 shooters plus staff.

I hope to see you there!!

Andy Horner

PS: If you have any questions, email me at BRM3G@BRM3G.com. I will only be getting to my email every 3 or 4 days until the end of February, so please be patient in waiting for a response!

Is it a one day match or two day match? What days do competitiors shoot? Prize table, cash payback or trophy only? Hotel reccomendations?

I couldn't find any of this info on the website.

ap3,

Competitors will shoot the match over 3 days. Four stages Friday, four Saturday, and two Sunday. The format will be very similar to the Rocky Mountain 3 Gun match, but with 10 stages. Since you are not shooting on bays which are side by side, you will have to travel a little between stages.

Sponsors and the prize table are being worked on. It looks very promising, but I am not free to make any annoucements about the particulars at this time. It may not be DPMS, but I believe it will be good.

Most hotels will be about 30 minutes from the match site, either in Lynchburg or Charlottesville. There are a couple in Madison Heights (just north of Lynchburg) which is a little closer. I will try to get some hotel info on the web site soon. Since, I am still traveling after the Ft. Benning Match, it will probably take a couple of days.

Rich and hoodhazard,

I hope to see you both there. It should be a fun match, and the location is great for shooting.

Andy

ap3,

Competitors will shoot the match over 3 days. Four stages Friday, four Saturday, and two Sunday.

Darn!

I was hoping to catch this match on my way back up the coast from the SC sectional the week before (vacation).

However, shooting then driving 15 hours back to central Maine isn't going to cut it with the co-pilot. :angry2:

ANYWAY possible to shoot the match in 1 or 2 days? :blink:

HEY!!!!....another match similar to the RM3G?????

You can count on Nordic to help out with sponsorship, and along with that, I'll see what I can do to get some others to help out as well!!

Andy.......you might need to call me.

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

Hey everybody!!!

My dad will be away from the computer for the next day or two. He is still traveling to CO from the FB3G match (thanks all who attended). He will be getting back to everybody personally as soon as he can, however he asked me to respond the questions that have been asked.

First thanks to Tim for the generous offer and my dad will be in touch shortly!!

Second he is looking into the possibility of a couple of people shooting through, and will get back as soon as possible.

Finally as Tim said my dad is hoping this will be kind of the east coast's version of Rocky Mountain.

On a personal note I (Daniel) have seen this place and it is absolutely beautiful. The match staff that has already volunteered is truly the cream of the crop, so it should shape into one of the best matches of the year.

Good luck everybody!!!

Daniel Horner

Andy, Daniel,

I don't know if you remember me from NCRR shotgun matches my son Eric and I shoot the Saigas, hey we are thinking about coming, Eric has had some bad luck with his rifle lately we have it fixed now. It would be nice to see ya'll;

take care and be safe

John and Eric Williams.

Hey Iggy, I just printed one off using Internet Explorer, and Firefox by using Ctl+P. If that doesn't work for you I've uploaded a copy here so maybe it will work. If it doesn't please e-mail me and I'll send you another format. Thanks so much!!!

DH

Thanks,

Iggy

I apologize to those who have had difficulties in printing the application. I have attempted to correct the problem on the website, but if anyone still has problems, please let me know.

Thanks for your patience,

Andy