Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75-B 9mm For an open gun

JAB

USPSA has a max mag length of like 171.xxmm and a CZ factory made 26 rd mag is 173mm. The back corner has to be trimmed to make them legal unless you want to cut the whole bottom and rebuild.

and CZ makes a factory 26 rd mag that can be trimmed for open class.
Welcome to the forum!

What exactly do you mean by "trimmed for open class"? How many rounds do you get in that mag?

Thanks!

Chuck

You could just pop on over to the Czech Republic... they've got some nice ones there. Open CZ's too ;)

http://www.uspsa.org/gallery/main.php?g2_v..._serialNumber=4

I lived over there in the early 90's for a few months. I am fully aware of the "nice ones" there. Best collection I have ever seen anywhere. :rolleyes: Never did see any open guns then, though. <_<

Since EERW was nice enough to post a link to my CZ and I heard about it from the guy building a 75 for his wife I decided to post in case anyone had questions. My gun shoots major 9 easily and I absolutely love it for open class. Obviously it is a SPO1 and all my parts came from CZ. It has their new slim grips and magwell, full length guide stainless guide rod with a wolf 10# spring, a factory CZ barrel (6") cut and threaded for a CZ factory comp. It has a factory CZ Weigand Weaver mount with Millet SP2 dot, a SA trigger set below 2#, and a competition hammer. Factory SPO1 mags are 19 rds and with extended base pads and trimming of follower make nice 22 rdrs and CZ makes a factory 26 rd mag that can be trimmed for open class. Finally it has a cocking extension and my local gunsmith took the existing SA safety and welded and milled a very comfortable "exxxtennndddeeedddd" safety. If anyone is interested in building a like gun then a new SPO1 and parts to convert to open would be less than $1000 minus the gunsmith work. Way less than any S_I open gun on the market. To make major 9 I use 115 fmj Rainier, 8.4grs of HS6, WSP primer, and range brass loaded to 1.14 OAL for a total of 1480 fps average. No signs of pressure and I check my slide release after each match and yet to see a mark. If you have questions let me know.

philg80..thanks for sharing all that info..would love to be able to put together and open div. CZ..

USPSA has a max mag length of like 171.xxmm and a CZ factory made 26 rd mag is 173mm. The back corner has to be trimmed to make them legal unless you want to cut the whole bottom and rebuild.
and CZ makes a factory 26 rd mag that can be trimmed for open class.
Welcome to the forum!

What exactly do you mean by "trimmed for open class"? How many rounds do you get in that mag?

Thanks!

Chuck

CZ 26rnd mag is just slightly long for the guage..you need to trim off the back half to fit.

CZmag170a.jpg

playing with different springs and trimming followers you can get 29rnds in..

Barsto can do an extended barrel so I'm hoping to have one of those soon and will then thread and comp that. It shoots really nice, fast and accurate.

I heard that people at Barsto don't plan to have another run of CZ barrels unless they have enough people to commit 50 barrels. :angry2:

CZ-USA has 6" barrels in stock the last time I checked and my gun is extremely accurate. Just for a heads up.

Barsto can do an extended barrel so I'm hoping to have one of those soon and will then thread and comp that. It shoots really nice, fast and accurate.

I heard that people at Barsto don't plan to have another run of CZ barrels unless they have enough people to commit 50 barrels. :angry2:

philg80, that is THE HEAT! Seeing as how my SP01 is one of the most natural feeling extensions of my hands and my Production pistol of choice, it would be an easy transition to Open for me down the road. Nice job, and thanks for popping over to share!

The guy I would talk to about this project is Otto Matyska, (Ottocomp) here in St. Louis.

An old school gunsmith, (pattern maker) from Chezlovakia (sp), that is quite experienced with the platform and builds his own comps, etc.

If you can dream it, he can build it.

314-638-3327

Enjoy

Marty

A-7424

Thank you sir for the appreciation! I only get to take credit for owning her and letting others fondle her thjouigh!!!

philg80, that is THE HEAT! Seeing as how my SP01 is one of the most natural feeling extensions of my hands and my Production pistol of choice, it would be an easy transition to Open for me down the road. Nice job, and thanks for popping over to share!