Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Ky. State Multi gun

It's a go the 2008 Ky. State multi gun is going to be May 31 and June 1, Staff shooting the 31 and the main part of the match is June1. It will be held at the Owensboro Rifle and Pistol Club near Lewisport,Ky. We have 3 people deadicated this year to try to have a HUGE prize table, but aside from the prize table Gary Welborn put on a heck of a match just ask anyone who has been to one of our pistol or 3-gun matches. I'am looking forward to see old friends and making new ones, see ya there.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More particulars please :)

This gonna be IMGA format? USPSA? stages?....and on and on and on....

It has been USPSA rules in past several years. Typically it has been 8 or so stages. 95% of the rifle shots are within 100 yds.

More particulars please :)

This gonna be IMGA format? USPSA? stages?....and on and on and on....

It will be USPSA format. I will post the stage and match info as soon as I get. Everything right now is focused on the prize table. If you have any questions you can email me or call the number listed below. I will answer all questions as soon as possible.

See you at the match,

Chris Conley

conley270@bellsouth.net

270-570-4016

Are the dates correct ? May 31 is the day for the staff to shoot which is a Sat., that puts the match on Sunday June 1. Can someone please verify this date, if it is indeed on Sunday that makes for a hard time if you have to travel to get back to work on Monday.

Last year the staff shot on Friday with the match on Saturday which works out really well for those that have to travel.

Are the dates correct ? May 31 is the day for the staff to shoot which is a Sat., that puts the match on Sunday June 1. Can someone please verify this date, if it is indeed on Sunday that makes for a hard time if you have to travel to get back to work on Monday.

Last year the staff shot on Friday with the match on Saturday which works out really well for those that have to travel.

Those are the correct dates.

Chris C.

After some serious thought and talking with the MD we are thinking about changing the match dates to have the shooters shoot on Saturday May 31. We are trying to make it easier on you guys that a have a long way to travel. I would like to know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Chris C.

After some serious thought and talking with the MD we are thinking about changing the match dates to have the shooters shoot on Saturday May 31. We are trying to make it easier on you guys that a have a long way to travel. I would like to know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Chris C.

I think it would be great if you move the match to Sat. I have shot the match the past 2 years and really look forward to it, but with a 7 hour drive and the match not getting over till 6 or 7 pm it makes for a late night to get home and be reqady for work on Monday.

Chris,

If you have the shooters shoot on Saturday, I'll bring probably 2-3 guys with me from North Carolina. Plus...I don't have to take any leave!

Rich

I think the match will be moved to Saturday. Just waiting on the MD to give me the final word. I'll let you know for sure soon.

Chris C.

UPDATE

The match dates have been changed to May 30-31 2008. RO's and staff will shoot Friday and competitors will shoot Saturday. Hope this helps everyone out. Match web page coming soon. See you guys in May.

Chris Conley

Edited by Chris Conley

Match web page should be up and running by mid Jan. Stage and match hotel info soon to follow after that. With the early start of getting everything up and running it's working out to be the best KY ST Multigun ever. Gary is working out the stage design and as soon as he gets done they will be posted on the website. Thanks to all involved in the match. It will be one of the best multigun matches you'll ever shoot.

Chris Conley

Match Hotel information:

Best Western Hancock Inn

270-295-3234

9040 US Highway 60 West

Lewisport, KY 42351

Just a few minutes from the range. Not a lot to offer food wise but there are options.

For people wanting to stay in Owensboro here you go:

Comfort Suites

270-926-7675

230 Salem Dr.

Owensboro, KY 42303

High speed internet, in-door swimming pool, deluxe continental breakfast, free HBO/cable television, guest laundry.

Hampton Inn

270-926-2600

615 Salem Dr.

Owensboro, KY 42303

Continental deluxe breakfast, putting green, high speed wireless internet, outdoor pool, USA Today, off-site health club privileges.

Fairfield Inn by Marriott

270-688-8887

800 Salem Dr.

Owensboro, KY 42303

Super 8

270-685-3388

1027 Geotz Dr.

Owensboro, KY 42301

All the Owensboro hotels are close to the main strip of food and beverage to include:

Texas Roadhouse, BW3's, Panera Bread Co., Johnny B's wing and more, Ruby Tuesday's, Applebee's, O'Charley's, Olive Garden, Tumble Weed, and Cracker Barrell.

Hope this helps some of you out.

Chris Conley

Edited by Chris Conley

I'm stoked! I think it's like 300-ish miles from Bragg to Owensboro. Debating on if we'll drive or fly. Either way it should be fun! For whatever reason, I've always wanted to visit Owensboro. Maybe it's because I've been told it's the BBQ capital of Kentucky or 'cause of that kid from the Real World (sorry).

Anyways. Looking forward to it!

Rich

I'm stoked! I think it's like 300-ish miles from Bragg to Owensboro. Debating on if we'll drive or fly. Either way it should be fun! For whatever reason, I've always wanted to visit Owensboro. Maybe it's because I've been told it's the BBQ capital of Kentucky or 'cause of that kid from the Real World (sorry).

Anyways. Looking forward to it!

Rich

For BBQ you'll get it at the match also. I haven't worked it out yet but we'll get them to come back. If you want BBQ after the match I'll point you in the right direction. Yeah there's Moonlite BBQ, but then there's Old Hickory. My favorite. Oh by the way, it's the BBQ capitol of the world.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley